• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

You read about how during a trial bombing run a few years before the crash he cleared a ridgleine with less than 2 feet to spare? :) Just to show off to a TV crew who shat in their pants and stopped filiming thinking he will do something more stupid.

Yeah I heard the same..I dont know how true but heard that his co-pilot grabbed controls and pulled up when aircraft was almost touching the ground that time and reported the incident to squadron commander.Hate to insult dead aviators, but some deserve to die than living.

MINIACE

You read about how during a trial bombing run a few years before the crash he cleared a ridgleine with less than 2 feet to spare? :) Just to show off to a TV crew who shat in their pants and stopped filiming thinking he will do something more stupid.

Sad part is there is a picture of the escape hatch iof the co-pilot just clearing the aircraft before it hits the griund. Now way he had time to complete the ejection with the size of the ensuing the fireball.

Guess its a numbers game whether on the ground or air, if you keep pushing the envelope, one day it will push back and you end up killing or dying or both.

Any links to this whole story? I've seen this crash but didn't know the background and details. Quick Google search didn't get me much.

Top Speed: 160 Km/h

Machine: 2002 Mark II 2.5Ltr (Jzx 110)

Mods: None

Road: Baseline Road

Top Speed: 210 Km/h

Machine: 2005 Mazda Attenza/Mazda 6, 2.3ltr 6 speed manual

Road: Habarana Road

Top Speed: 170 Km/h (something like 166 km/h)

Machine: 2003 Mazda Axela/Mazda 3

Road: Baseline Road

Top Speed: 120 Km/h

Machine: Diesel Toyota Corolla (Ce121)

Road: Galle Road (Before Hikkaduwa)

Top Speed: 220 Km/h

Machine: 2003 BMW 525i

Road: Udawalave Road

Top Speed: 253 Km/h

Machine: 2003 Mercedes-Benz S320

Top Speed: 163 Km/h

Machine: 2006 Toyota Allion (Nzt 240)

Road: Marine Drive

Top Speed: 180 Km/h

Machine: 2008 Toyota Premio (Zrt 260)

Mods: K&N Filter

Top Speed: 180 Km/h

Machine: 2010 Toyota Crown (Gws 204)

Road: E01

Top speed : 40 KM/h

Road : Wattala to Kirabathgoda main? road

Machine : Honda Civic EK 3 (99)

Mods : Few stickers on the windscreen.

What prevented you from going further : Actually speaking, XXL type of holes & cracks on the road remind me the price list of shocks & arm bushing

Top Speed: 90 Km/h

Machine: 1984 Honda Super cub 90cc :D

Straight downhill

Top Speed: 80 Km/h ( I think; the speedometer is wobbly)

Car: 1994 FB13 1.4Litre

Edited by NRX

The speeds that I have done and location

2009 Ford Mondeo - 220 - Germany

2008 Fiat Bravo - 215 - UK

2010 VW Passat - 200 - UK

2010 BMW 120d M - 200 - Norway

2010 Renault Scenic - 196 - Germany

2010 Vauxhall Insignia - 180 - Scotland

In Sri Lanka

2002 Jaguar X Type - 192

2002 BMW 330D - 180

2004 Renault Laguna - 170

2008 Hyundai Sante Fe - 165

2007 Honda Civic Type S - 164

330d... i didnt know there were any in lanka... do you still have it or know anyone who deos have one?

Top speed : 40 KM/h

Road : Wattala to Kirabathgoda main? road

Machine : Honda Civic EK 3 (99)

Mods : Few stickers on the windscreen.

What prevented you from going further : Actually speaking, XXL type of holes & cracks on the road remind me the price list of shocks & arm bushing

40 KM/h , world record

210 Km/h on Hume Hwy from Melbourne to Sydney, Holden Berlina 3.8L V6. My speedometer was showing 220 and that's the end of the guage, but my GPS was saying i was only doing 210. There was plenty of pedal left tho. Got scared to loose my licence and get my car impounded :D

• 1 month later...

I feel like being a cruel person this afternoon, so i'm gonna be the first to rip at Sandun Madhawa's wanna-be racer virginity.

1- Dude, if you know even the basics about cars you wouldnt be calling it a 1.3cc car. Its either 1.3ltr or 1300cc.

2- At 125km/h you WOULD have killed someone just as much as you would have killed someone at 126.

3- You can live in your car but can't race in your house eh? Let's see you take a dump in your car.

Ahh that felt good..

• Like 1

Drove a friends Starlet Soliel L today

Top Speed:120

Machine: Toyota Starlet Soliel L

Road: New Gannoruwa Road Kandy

What prevented you from going further: nothing, the car could have easily reach more than 150 though. .

I feel like being a cruel person this afternoon, so i'm gonna be the first to rip at Sandun Madhawa's wanna-be racer virginity.

1- Dude, if you know even the basics about cars you wouldnt be calling it a 1.3cc car. Its either 1.3ltr or 1300cc.

2- At 125km/h you WOULD have killed someone just as much as you would have killed someone at 126.

3- You can live in your car but can't race in your house eh? Let's see you take a dump in your car.

Ahh that felt good..

hehe thnx for correcting me bro :)

im still doing my A/Lz and i dnt knw alt abt cars..

im jst hvng fun with diz old car n datz all. :)