• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

EF Civic Hatchback

chamika_m

Hi everyone, I've been sorta interested in buying a EF Civic Hatchback as my first car. Just wanna know whether it's a easy car to maintain and source parts for in Sri Lanka. I know the EG and EK variants are a lot easier to own but the price of the EF is very inviting

You WHAT ???

You cannot say you bought a EF hatch and just leave it at that ? We need pics ! What are the specs ? What trim grade is it ?

Back in the day the Grand Civic was quite popular and the agents brought down quite a few of them and there was a decent number of grey imports as well. The hatch and sedan does share a lot of mechanical parts. It won't come across everything from OEM parts, to genuine parts to fake parts as easily as you would for a Corolla or Sunny, but the common parts definitely are there. Body parts might be a bit hard to come buy (even more popular cars like the E90 Corolla B12 Sunny parts are becoming scarce).

• Like 1

You WHAT ??? You cannot say you bought a EF hatch and just leave it at that ? We need pics ! What are the specs ? What trim grade is it ?

Back in the day the Grand Civic was quite popular and the agents brought down quite a few of them and there was a decent number of grey imports as well. The hatch and sedan does share a lot of mechanical parts. It won't come across everything from OEM parts, to genuine parts to fake parts as easily as you would for a Corolla or Sunny, but the common parts definitely are there. Body parts might be a bit hard to come buy (even more popular cars like the E90 Corolla B12 Sunny parts are becoming scarce).

Thanks for the info and I'm interested in buying one bro. Need some who knows a little bit more than me about the ins and outs of the generation to give me a verdict on whether it's a good idea or not. Yeah, all the cool JDM nuggets seem to be going in that direction and I'm concerned about things like tail lights and headlights being hard to source because they tend to have cracks in them due to age and I dont think the hatch and the sedan share the same taillights. What do you think is a good JDM car for under 1.5mil