• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aqua does not start

lakshan20

Question

Hi,

I have a Toyota Aqua 2014. When I try to unlock the car today idling after about a week the winker mirrors were extremely slow in opening. Also the cabin light was too dim. Then when try to start the car, it shows the "Check engine" indicator and won't start. I have not changed the 12V battery yet. I assume 12V battery is drained.

Please advice what to do and what could be the issue.

Thanks,

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, lakshan20 said:

Any recommended brands if I have to replace? Did some googling and seems Yuasa recommended and the current one also Yuasa.

99% of the time, the problem could be the 12V battery. Several indicator lights are obvious with a weak battery. The drain line is a necessary safety feature as the battery is located in the cabin. Therefore, do not replace one with no drain line. So, better to adhere with same YUASA one. Don't go for cheap options. 

Didn't you try to jump start the car?