• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio 2015 Grade X

f22raptor

4 hours ago, f22raptor said:

So I recently bought a 2015 Toyota Axio and there's this knob like thing I'm really confused about. Can any of you guys explain the purpose of it? It's really appreciated. An image is attached with this.

IMG_4574.JPG

its just a storage compartment sort of thing they put in place of the push button start. you can pull that knob towards you and hide some cash inside the plastic barrel. :) 

Im guessing you bought the non hybrid petrol base model with the manual AC dials? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HaeylM said:

its just a storage compartment sort of thing they put in place of the push button start. you can pull that knob towards you and hide some cash inside the plastic barrel. :) 

Im guessing you bought the non hybrid petrol base model with the manual AC dials? 

place of the push button start

This guy told me that you can install a push start system there if you want. Is this true? And I bought the hybrid facelift version.

On 1/10/2021 at 10:20 PM, f22raptor said:

So I recently bought a 2015 Toyota Axio and there's this knob like thing I'm really confused about. Can any of you guys explain the purpose of it? It's really appreciated. An image is attached with this.

IMG_4574.JPG

That is a coin holder. Quite useful in Japan as there is an unbeleivable amount of coins being used here (ranging from 1 yen to 500 yen).

It is a 1500 yen option from the dealer but usually it is also one of those things the dealer throws in fo free.アクシオ用コインホルダー | トヨタ ヴィッツRS "G's" by TSかがみん - みんカラ

If not it comes with a blanking cover like this:

カローラアクシオ160系 コインボックス55450-12070-COを取り付けました | 美のvitz!!メグマガ -  teacup.ブログ“AutoPage”

Yes...it is where the Push Start/Stop button is located (which you can retrofit if you want to set it up...but if you do set it up..please make sure you get the genuine thing from a scrapped car or brand new parts, which would be expensive. So not use the cheap Chinese solutions)

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, f22raptor said:

This guy told me that you can install a push start system there if you want. Is this true? And I bought the hybrid facelift version.

Congrats on your new car! Axio is a great car for city and outstation driving and the engine is plenty reliable. 

Yes its possible but there are 2 options to do so and with very different ways of working. First option is cheaper which is done at P*TCO L*NKA where they will install an aftermarket system with push start, but the button is not OEM nor is the remote, Plus the touch bar in the door is not there so it wont work as well as a car that came with push keyless entry. 

If you want to do an original conversion then you need to get the entire system including door handles and boot handle from a scrap car in japan. This will be more costly.

There are many Aquas with the conversion done at P*TCO L*NKA, Check with them and see how effective it is. 

• Thanks 1

How does steering lock mechanism work with those converted push start solutions (the cheaper way)? I think steering lock work together with immobilizer which is usually connected to key barrel where as in push start models steering automatically locks when a door opened after switching off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrm said:

How does steering lock mechanism work with those converted push start solutions (the cheaper way)? I think steering lock work together with immobilizer which is usually connected to key barrel where as in push start models steering automatically locks when a door opened after switching off.

It doesn't. They just replace the keyed multi-stage switch with a press button. It is just for the ignition switch...does nothing with the security system of the car (i.e. steering lock, keyless entry). So it is like the push button systems that you found in the 60s and 70s cars where the switch was purely for ignition.

To do a proper conversion you would need the entire system from a scarp car (or buy brand new from Toyota). 

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HaeylM said:

There are many Aquas with the conversion done at P*TCO L*NKA, Check with them and see how effective it is.

Just saw your reply..but yeah...I do not get how these conversions are effective at all. I do not find a difference between twisting a key for ignition vs. pressing a button. To me the benefit of the whole smart key system has been the convenience of keyless entry and other comfort features (although the smart key has been very very dumb many many times in the past).

These Aquas still have remote door locks...I suppose the keyfob that comes with the push start system upgrade is setup to handle the remote door locks. It is just that it will not be keyless.

@f22raptor..the bottom line is (and this seems to be our collective sentiment)..if you are planning on fitting one of these push stat systems...just don't. Doing a proper setup will cost a lot of money for little benefit...doing a cheap conversion is just going to mess up your car. Instead..invest in a good stereo system...or wheels...or suspension...or have some good koththu and hoppers delivered and have a feast with the family...much better investments.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, iRage said:

Just saw your reply..but yeah...I do not get how these conversions are effective at all. I do not find a difference between twisting a key for ignition vs. pressing a button. To me the benefit of the whole smart key system has been the convenience of keyless entry and other comfort features (although the smart key has been very very dumb many many times in the past).

These Aquas still have remote door locks...I suppose the keyfob that comes with the push start system upgrade is setup to handle the remote door locks. It is just that it will not be keyless.

Yeah its a garbage upgrade because its just cosmetic to impress people around i guess :) , I saw a lot of these converted ones when i went car hunting. It was obvious that they had been converted with because it doesnt work like how the original push start works. Original push start cars you need to keep your foot on the brake for the car to start up, and just pressing the button will initiate accesory mode. But in these converted ones the car just starts up when you click the button. Besides like you mentioned, the touch button on the doors dont work and even in the ones that work, its a lot weak compared to an original. 

• Like 1