• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

I'm planning to buy a Renault Kwid 2016 , can I know whether it's a good choice from people who have used this model.

Nilan Dilhara

Question

9 answers to this question

I do not have a Kwid....but I do know people who did get them...and one who actually works for the agent and sold/sells them and my dad rented one once whilst I took his car. 

If you can...Don't buy it...those who bought it can't wait to get rid of it. It is a very basic vehicle that will get you from A to B with no creature comfort..with no safety....with not that much fuel economy...and with age, with not much reliability (it seems).

When new and with the manufacturer's warranty the car was cheap and seemed like a good value proposition (considering other new options inthe same price bracket it was not too bad nor was it the best of options), so a lot of people got it. However, it is a very budget vehicle made for a budget markets. You feel the compromises in its finishing touches. It is noisy, flimsy, plasticy...The only time you would find the Kwid better is if you are upgrading from an old Maruti Alto.

Having said that....sadly you do not have any other options in the same price range (I am guessing around 2mil ?). For that price your other options will be much older or something from Maruti from the same time period. Even an aveage Swift (Jeep model) which about 10 years older than the Kwid seems to be going for about 2.2mil on aveage.

So...if you can afford to spend a bit more...dont go for a kwid. If you cannot afford to spend a bit more...well...still try not to go for a kwid unless you really need a vehicle and cannot find anything else and are willing to accept a car for its running wheels and seats.

• Like 1

I would recommend any beat up jap over this heap of junk. 

I've had the pleasure of taking a ride in a Kwid (Uber) couple of years back, even during that time the car was a complete wreck (It couldn't have been much older). Its not spacious, comfort, safe, heck doesn't even look that good (I know, personal preference). 

Plus, finding spares must be difficult for this as well. Since no recon parts are available, accident repairs could be costly. Hence insurance premium for these cars might be higher than of the usual. 

I'd prefer an Indian alto over this, as that's somewhat time tested car in that segment. 

Why would someone want to spend two million rupees for a car like this is actually beyond me. Doest make any sense, financially or otherwise.

• Like 1

Please don't buy it. When I drove one I thought I might die. Driving go-karts and motorbikes felt safer for me. 

Alto is a better than the kwid. But if you can, really better to go for a used jap car. 

Edited by AVANTE
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, iRage said:

I do not have a Kwid....but I do know people who did get them...and one who actually works for the agent and sold/sells them and my dad rented one once whilst I took his car. 

If you can...Don't buy it...those who bought it can't wait to get rid of it. It is a very basic vehicle that will get you from A to B with no creature comfort..with no safety....with not that much fuel economy...and with age, with not much reliability (it seems).

When new and with the manufacturer's warranty the car was cheap and seemed like a good value proposition (considering other new options inthe same price bracket it was not too bad nor was it the best of options), so a lot of people got it. However, it is a very budget vehicle made for a budget markets. You feel the compromises in its finishing touches. It is noisy, flimsy, plasticy...The only time you would find the Kwid better is if you are upgrading from an old Maruti Alto.

Having said that....sadly you do not have any other options in the same price range (I am guessing around 2mil ?). For that price your other options will be much older or something from Maruti from the same time period. Even an aveage Swift (Jeep model) which about 10 years older than the Kwid seems to be going for about 2.2mil on aveage.

So...if you can afford to spend a bit more...dont go for a kwid. If you cannot afford to spend a bit more...well...still try not to go for a kwid unless you really need a vehicle and cannot find anything else and are willing to accept a car for its running wheels and seats.

Thank you for the detailed description.