• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva Elite - Need to identify the issue

Snfonseka

Hi,

When I drive the car there is a noise coming from bottom of the vehicle. However this is not happening always; happens randomly. Sometimes I can drive about 10 Km without hearing that sound. When the sound start to occur it lasts about 5 to 20 seconds. The sound is somewhat like "kreess... kreess". Also I have notice that, the disks of my front disk brakes in my both wheels are getting somewhat hot after a ride.

What can this issue be? Thanks in advance for your help.

10 hours ago, Snfonseka said:

The sound is somewhat like "kreess... kreess". Also I have notice that, the disks of my front disk brakes in my both wheels are getting somewhat hot after a ride.

With this someone can easily assume that it's with the brakes. But I think the best option is to show it to a trusted mechanic and they would lift and see if its brakes. Should be an easy diagnose for brakes. If its not brakes it could be one of the belts getting old and its time to replace (regular maintenance item with age and mileage). Unit#d Mot#rs at Orugodawaththa is really good to visit and diagnose too. I've worked with Randika their and he was very friendly and helpful. (Not sure if he is still there as I haven't been their lately)