• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bought A New Carina..

Kim

Hey ppl,

i know its after a long pause, but i have always been visiting the site, just out of the uni and still did not start work yet, hoping to be really active on the forum once i start work. hehe :D Anyways.. we just bought this car yesterday and its for me. so Dad is using the old carina which is behind now.

this time too, not lucky for a GT tho.. car is YOM 99,Ti,Manual,GX-XXXX,done only 62K on meter, superb condition, we paid 1.9 for this? wot are ur guys think? worth??

p5040005wr9.jpg

Comments are welcome!

Kim.

Hey ppl,

i know its after a long pause, but i have always been visiting the site, just out of the uni and still did not start work yet, hoping to be really active on the forum once i start work. hehe :D Anyways.. we just bought this car yesterday and its for me. so Dad is using the old carina which is behind now.

this time too, not lucky for a GT tho.. car is YOM 99,Ti,Manual,GX-XXXX,done only 62K on meter, superb condition, we paid 1.9 for this? wot are ur guys think? worth??

p5040005wr9.jpg

Comments are welcome!

Kim.

congrats bro... yup looks a nice family sedan...

drove only for 4 days thanks to my insurence company, I really loved this car. decent looking, comfortable.

If you drive this car to office, and you wear a 'tie' regulary, dont put body kits and spoil its look, rear spoiler would be more than enough. just what I thought

good luck !

Edited by Nozozo

hmmm....few reasons buying this already having a another Carina at home.

- budjet wasnt enough to go for a Corolla 120/121

- then we all know its really HARD to find manual new coming vehicles

- its Condition

it was a max price for the vehicle, but we decided because of the non

(less) avalibility of manual transmissions.

No. not going to spoil the look by adding a KIT. will just keep it stock other than putting a a/w set. but the older version looks gud with all wot i did..

thankx.

hmmm....few reasons buying this already having a another Carina at home.

- budjet wasnt enough to go for a Corolla 120/121

- its Condition

it was a max price for the vehicle, but we decided because of the non

(less) avalibility of manual transmissions.

No. not going to spoil the look by adding a KIT. will just keep it stock other than putting a a/w set. but the older version looks gud with all wot i did..

thankx.

add a set of alloys with low profiles bro... there's another Blue GT of one of the members in here... that thing looks wicked with the low pro's..

yeh. could have gone to those models you all have mentioned. but from the beginning my parents have been using Toyota, so they trust more on it.

secondly it was a manual, which is quite rare to be found with superb condition both exterior and interior, and its very gud on fuel..

thirdly yes, its bit too pricy, it could have been worth for 18.50 around maxium, but on the other hand it was after few months we saw a manual 1999 - 2000 carina with gud condition..

Toyotas have NOT given any major trouble to us ever.. :D

-----------------

-cefiro, sonata, 406, vi-rs -

from these options all the first 3 sucks in fuel for sure, too large/bulky,less market value, vi-rs would have been a gud option for me tho..

yeh. could have gone to those models you all have mentioned. but from the beginning my parents have been using Toyota, so they trust more on it.

secondly it was a manual, which is quite rare to be found with superb condition both exterior and interior, and its very gud on fuel..

thirdly yes, its bit too pricy, it could have been worth for 18.50 around maxium, but on the other hand it was after few months we saw a manual 1999 - 2000 carina with gud condition..

Toyotas have NOT given any major trouble to us ever.. :D

-----------------

from these options all the first 3 sucks in fuel for sure, too large/bulky,less market value, vi-rs would have been a gud option for me tho..

Dude, there was a carina Ti 2001 for the same price BTW. Yeah manual too :D

you got that right....

oh and machang we have had toyota's right along.. but unfortunately I dont think it has been that reliable... compared to a honda it cant take that much of a beating, you have to drive as if your taking care of a baby...

anyways.. the carina is a very nice car... put some rims and it will look cool...

you got that right....

oh and machang we have had toyota's right along.. but unfortunately I dont think it has been that reliable... compared to a honda it cant take that much of a beating, you have to drive as if your taking care of a baby...

anyways.. the carina is a very nice car... put some rims and it will look cool...

U should be reported, tsk tskl bashing cars, poor cherry baby!

you got that right....

It is truely interesting that ur findings regarding reliability run along a different path to what other ppl have said, and is the widely accepted view in motoring circles and automotive press, like, everywhere.

I guess the world looks nice through rose color glasses. Be wary for when they come off :D

you got that right....

Honda is the only one hes caring. other all Toyotas belongs to his father.... :D

Edited by ferrarif50

where? still avalble? i couldnt find :D give me details please if you have, will like to check atleast.

machan I really don't know whether I'm violating forum rules by posting my email address. (if so please remove this and just let me know a way of contacting you)

Hoping it's not, my mail is [email protected].

BTW, I also searched for a Carina manual and due to some financial issue postponed it

Edited by thili77

Honda is the only one hes caring. other all Toyotas belongs to his father.... :D

well yeah... his cars end up in the garage atleast once a month for some repair...

ok ok.. anyways all you guys need to take a chill pill... and I'm gona keem my gab shut... :D

Edited by dragster

I'm noticing a trend that more and more new vehicles are automatic.. why is this? Is it the manufacturers? Or is it that demand for Auto's is increasing here?

Seriously.. anyone have any idea what's behind this trend?

ps:nice car