• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Classic Car Diaries

MasterDon

A web mini documentary series made by the Classic Car Club of Ceylon. First episode is now live on Facebook and Youtube. New episodes every week.

@MADZ This is a non-revenue/non-profit production for educational purposes made by a local automotive Club, but please do remove if it violates AL guidelines. -MD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@MasterDon It's not violating any AL guidelines. I think it's a great initiative by the classic car club. I have created a seperate blog for "The Classic Car Diaries" under AL and assigned it to you. Feel free to update it when they put up a new post. I will also give my full support to promote it.

Cheers,
Madz

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MADZ said:

@MasterDon It's not violating any AL guidelines. I think it's a great initiative by the classic car club. I have created a seperate blog for "The Classic Car Diaries" under AL and assigned it to you. Feel free to update it when they put up a new post. I will also give my full support to promote it.

Cheers,
Madz

Thanks boss!

• 3 weeks later...

Members,

To my memory 1st vintage automobile rally was held in early part of 1950. Sponsored by Tucker's Automobile importers Union Place. I cannot remember from where they started the rally. They turned off from Mount Lavinia hotel Road, ten all who took part traveled along on Galle road and ended up from Galle face Green. Almost every Automobile importer then took part on that Rally.

That was a Sunday entire Galle road was crowded to watch the parade full of fun with fancy dress people taking part on that rally. The Rally ended up on Galle face Green. There after every year few rally's were held by Tucker's.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.