• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Belta VIN is only 12 digits

prageeth89

Question

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, prageeth89 said:

Hi,

I can see the chassis number of my Belta is only 12 digits long. Its KSP92~1011***. However I know it should be 17 digits long.

Any idea how do I convert this is 17 digits VIN?

Thanks

Belta is a JDM Vehicle (Japanese Domestic Vehicle - intended to use in Japan, but people export them here as Grey imports) JDM vehicles doesn't come with VIN Numbers but only Model codes KSP, NCP ZZT etc, (VINs are usually associate with Export intended vehicles like Yaris, Corolla 141 as examples).

Edited by Ruslan

4 hours ago, prageeth89 said:

Hi,

I can see the chassis number of my Belta is only 12 digits long. Its KSP92~1011***. However I know it should be 17 digits long.

Any idea how do I convert this is 17 digits VIN?

Thanks

As @Ruslan mentioned vehicles for the Japanese market do not have VIN numbers. Only Model Numbers (a code that looks like DBA-SCP92-BEXNK) and Frame No (something like SCP92-3002369).

Model number indicates the platform, certain config specs and trim level.

Frame number is a unique identifier that is assigned to that particular car's chassis/frame (so the car's chassis number or ID). This usually corresponds to series and build numbers.