• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

::: Audi A6 Launch In Sri Lanka ::: [pictures Updated]

MADZ

Audi as a brand has always been an underrated car as compared to other German brands. I think it deserves more recognition. After all they brought us the Quatro.

As for the A6, I have had the opportunity of driving this car and whilst it is a great performer, I find some of its interior and exterior dissapointing. Rather dated I should say. At this end of the market, for the money being traded I would expect more. A touch of VW can also be seen on the inside. Don't forget, in this bracket there is also the BMW 5 and Merc E and not to mention the fast catching up Lexus GS.

The Quattro was a great car. That car is the forefather of the WRXs and Mitsu Evos.

The problem is that after the Original Quattro, Audi lost the plot a bit and put out cars with sanitised driving feel compared with BMWs.

But they've caught up a lot in Europe mostly but, yes, less so in the States (Maybe not enough cup holders??) :D ). However I really think they have the best quality interiors far better than BM or Merc. And this is universally acknowledged by so many reviews. But the ride is horrendously hard and I would even call it Terrible on Sri Lankan roads. I'm talking about a previous model Audi A6 TDi. Anyone driven the new models? Is the suspension softer?

The Quattro was a great car. That car is the forefather of the WRXs and Mitsu Evos.

The problem is that after the Original Quattro, Audi lost the plot a bit and put out cars with sanitised driving feel compared with BMWs.

But they've caught up a lot in Europe mostly but, yes, less so in the States (Maybe not enough cup holders??) :D ). However I really think they have the best quality interiors far better than BM or Merc. And this is universally acknowledged by so many reviews. But the ride is horrendously hard and I would even call it Terrible on Sri Lankan roads. I'm talking about a previous model Audi A6 TDi. Anyone driven the new models? Is the suspension softer?

i can vouch for the interiors of the previous generations especially compared to that of the C-class... poor job on them mercs but i don't have much to criticise on the 3-series...

i also agree with you on the ride... a friend picked up a 2005 1.8T A6 and the ride is surprisingly pretty hard... he denies it cos afterall... it IS an audi... but his passengers think otherwise...

Edited by sharkster

Sharkster,

The A4 is already in the showroom buddy...so are the A6's... do drop in and check them out when time permits..

Hola,

Thnx for the feed-back, but actually, 9/10 people who came commented on the fact that it was better the way we did it due to the personalised touch...it was the first time a "Launch Marathon" of "FIVE" days back2back was conducted...what you see in the pics are from the "Press-Launch", where there was a high concentration on informing the public abt the arrival of the New Models..and once again, Thank You 'AutoLanka' for the support.

Cheers :P

Edited by ashan