• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Knocking noise from front wheels

Engine mounts my dude, even I head the knocking noise of metal under acceleration and braking, thats your entire engine moving about and hitting the metal part of the mount because the bushing has gone.

On 5/2/2021 at 10:56 AM, MaleCortana said:

Engine mounts my dude, even I head the knocking noise of metal under acceleration and braking, thats your entire engine moving about and hitting the metal part of the mount because the bushing has gone.

Ah yes probably that. Had that last year, scariest sound ever, becomes worse gradually. 

3 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Ah yes probably that. Had that last year, scariest sound ever, becomes worse gradually. 

Yep yep, but what gets scarier is the shift in inertia you feel

5 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

Yep yep, but what gets scarier is the shift in inertia you feel

Ambo, I drove 220km in 2 days to with that noise. But didn't really feel the inertia until it was too late. Cringey and scary. Immediately got it sorted but the damage to the other mounts was already done. 

5 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Ambo, I drove 220km in 2 days to with that noise. But didn't really feel the inertia until it was too late. Cringey and scary. Immediately got it sorted but the damage to the other mounts was already done.

Yeah I think you can never get away with replacing one mount, genuine mounts cost close to 100k for the lot 😕 

15 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

Yeah I think you can never get away with replacing one mount, genuine mounts cost close to 100k for the lot 😕 

One top gel mount, 3 rubber mounts (2 top, 1 bottom near axle) . Didn't need to replace assembly as Peugeot retailers sell the rubber bush alone for purchase. But for the top mount only I did buy with assembly as per my trusted mechanics advice. Around 16k for 3 mounts, euro brands. If I went with agents, must be near 35k with the transmission mount included. 

The sucky part was the bottom mount which almost never wears out unless the top mounts were severely damaged. Took 1 whole day to replace, driveshaft out job. 

BTW, why camry mounts so expensive? Like damn. 100k is unreasonable! Are they all gel mounts or something? 

Edited by AVANTE

There are three gel mounts and two normal mounts :( Altogether 5 mounts.

The Toyota Genuine Mounts cost 100k, Taiwan Tenacity one's cost 40k for all of them as well 😕 

The mounts are also massive