• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

what are the best cost effective and worth cars of any brand

Also consider Nissan - parts are cheap and vert rarely does anything go wrong- but dead boring to drive for me . The Korean ones may not be that cost effective in terms of parts and reliability of the parts.

Other experts would shed more info for sure

Toyota...not cost effective anymore. Cars are over priced in SL...good parts at reasonable prices are hard to come by (very limited sources) and the only way most people maintain a Toyota in a cost effective manner is by using cheap knock-off parts.

Had a Sonata back in the day (actually the company still has it...I just don't use it). It works...little niggles here and there (granted it is a car that gets abused day in and day out). Parts are okay price wise but not as easily found as the popular Japanese makes.

Nissans are okay...as long as it is the right Nissan. Just stay away from a B14 Sunny. They are the worst in the entire lineup. Other cars have the same engine and transmission but do a lot better than the Sunny (go figure). The B14 was made designed and made during the time Nissan was having financial trouble and it shows....everything in the car will breakdown except for the engine block (and when the engine block does break it is easily fixed). Other than that...yes..what Mazdaspeed said. For the most part they are okay if you stick to the popular Asian/Japanese market models.

I do beleive Mitsubishi has a very good value proposition. For starters most of the cars around now are agent imported. You get genuine parts in a full standard line as well as a budget line. Plus there are good 3rd party parts as well if I am not mistaken.

Then there is also Mazda...but it does seem like parts, etc...can go either way.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

If you want value for money - go for Mitsubishi (unless you want a classic lancer Box - ridiculously overpriced now) CS series cars are attractively priced. 

Toyota's are bought whole sale by the buy-and-sell crowd. Honda's are bought by dudes who watched too much movies and youtube and both fetch crazy prices. For a while now Nissan's were reasonably priced - not the case now. 

Hyundais - no experience. Fair Price - parts are not like unicorn tears (can be found) might be a good option.

8 hours ago, iRage said:

Just stay away from a B14 Sunny. They are the worst in the entire lineup. Other cars have the same engine and transmission but do a lot better than the Sunny (go figure). The B14 was made designed and made during the time Nissan was having financial trouble and it shows....everything in the car will breakdown except for the engine block (and when the engine block does break it is easily fixed).

Have a heard a lot of bad about the B14 - my dad had one for 12 years or so - it certainly did feel like a car made during a crisis due to the blandness overall and being a 1.3 it was dead boring to drive.  Strangely ours just had one issue through those 12 years - a distributor that went kaput. Other than that it just kept running - mind you my dad with his OCD took excellent care of it. 

• Like 1