• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Passo : Poor fuel consumption

Rizwanriy

Question

My toyota passo 2017 was giving 18.4 km/litre. Now after doing 20000 km during last 8 months, it is giving 15.8 km.  The tyre size 165/65/R14. Engine tuning have been done by Toyota Higway Motors Karachi but no improvement.  Suggestion/guidance requested.

Edited by iRage
vague topic title

2 answers to this question

My friend, not to dishearten you, but I think 18.4 is impossible. If you are driving only on express way, it may be. But on normal roads, definitely this figure is wrong. 

Earlier I had a 2007 Passo and 2018 Vitz. Both were having same Daihatsu 1KR-FE engine. (Old Passo had 4 speed auto gear box and new Vitz had CVT). Average of Vitz was 10.8km/L. The maximum efficiency I got was 17. But it was  for a trip from Colombo to Anuradhapura, early in the morning (without any traffic) and with very economical driving (without any hard acceleration etc.).

At heavy traffic in Colombo city, it drops even down to 6km/L. 

As I remember, 2007 Passo had little bit higher efficiency compared to 2018 Vitz. (little bit, not much). Mainly because Vitz is little bit heavier than Passo. 

I have posted a topic called " This is How to Calculate Fuel Efficiency" on this forum. Perhaps it may be useful for you.