• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

honda civic 2020 ex tech sedan.

Dushyanth Sivalingam

Question

Hi guys ... i have an issue, whnever I use the AC for long time and stop the vehicle... after some time if i start, the engine is struggling to get started.. this happend thrice.. but after some time around 30 mins... it get started with check engine light.. its a made in turkey model..please need your experience, thank you in advance.

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Dushyanth Sivalingam said:

Hi guys ... i have an issue, whnever I use the AC for long time and stop the vehicle... after some time if i start, the engine is struggling to get started.. this happend thrice.. but after some time around 30 mins... it get started with check engine light.. its a made in turkey model..please need your experience, thank you in advance.

@matroska any ideas? 

• Like 1

Did you get your car scanned? Since check engine light is indicating better to get it scanned as soon as possible. Don't delay this as this may or may not be something related to the AC as you suspect. 

The Civic 10th generation UK model is known to have AC condenser leaks but the symptoms are a bit different where you experience a drop in AC cooling. So get it scanned soon, as continuing to drive without addressing this issue won't be the ideal thing in my thinking. Please update the forum as well on what is the cause and what was done as the fix :) 

22 hours ago, Dushyanth Sivalingam said:

What's your mileage? I had the same problem. Turned out I had to replace the battery but mine was a 2018 and I had already done 20,000,kms. I tested it at the battery shop and I think the guys said it was at 83% and no need to change but one day the car stalled so I had to do it anyway. 

On 7/1/2021 at 4:16 PM, Dushyanth Sivalingam said:

This could be the battery  by the sound of it. 

On 7/1/2021 at 9:32 PM, Dee Jay said:

The Civic 10th generation UK model is known to have AC condenser leaks but the symptoms are a bit different where you experience a drop in AC cooling

Yeah - this is a bit of a common issue - even though the cause is not known it's widely believed this is due to the gas used in the new model. While there's no hard evidence, R1234yf seems to have a higher operating pressure than the regular 134A - either way it seems R1234YF+ our local high temperatures is a bad combo causing premature condenser damage. As you correctly said it is probably NOT OP's problem.

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1