• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

GP 5 break disc sets

First, I don’t think that’s normal to have such deep lines on your disk – The technician who said it’s normal /Original should not be consulted again for sure.

The depth of the marks are not visible due to the angle of the picture but you may be able to take it to a lathe and face off the groves till the whole disk is smooth.

The pads seems to be the culprit – maybe some cheap stuff – What do you mean by “paste” are you referring to pasting the pads  ? If yes  ….. well …. I’m lost for words and  will have to revert  to sweet words to go further which is not allowed in this forum sadly.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mazdaspeed said:

First, I don’t think that’s normal to have such deep lines on your disk – The technician who said it’s normal /Original should not be consulted again for sure.

The depth of the marks are not visible due to the angle of the picture but you may be able to take it to a lathe and face off the groves till the whole disk is smooth.

The pads seems to be the culprit – maybe some cheap stuff – What do you mean by “paste” are you referring to pasting the pads  ? If yes  ….. well …. I’m lost for words and  will have to revert  to sweet words to go further which is not allowed in this forum sadly.

Thank you for your feedback with sharing your knowledge and experience. Sorry for the spelling mistake. it's not not "paste" it should be you called "face off the groves".

Second what Mazdaspeed said....

When you look at a disk you may see circular patterns but definitely not grooves. Grooves are a in dication that the pads (or something else) is etching in to the disc. It could be bad pads or something that was stuck inbetween the disks and the pads created those grooves(but then it would be on just one side).

Thank you for correcting what the mechanic said...because I got scared thinking that people actually resorted to filling up brake discs with putty and other other compounds..phew.

You can get it lathered, but please take it to a proper, experienced place....I know many garages which just took a grinder and scrubbed it off...as the surface of the disc was not "straight" and the brakes started pulsating.

• Thanks 2