• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Paste Wax and Spay Wax

Dhaham

Dear Friends

So far, I have used only Wash & Wax which are easy to use. Therefore, I don't have idea, how to use paste wax and spray wax. When I use paste wax or spray wax, SHOULD I AVOID windscreen, glasses, rubber beadings, un-painted plastic parts etc? Thank you in advance. 

7 hours ago, Dhaham said:

Dear Friends

So far, I have used only Wash & Wax which are easy to use. Therefore, I don't have idea, how to use paste wax and spray wax. When I use paste wax or spray wax, SHOULD I AVOID windscreen, glasses, rubber beadings, un-painted plastic parts etc? Thank you in advance. 

Yes..but no...depends on the wax....

First of all..decide on the type of wax...paste or spray. So far the most durable and long lasting are paste waxes. The spray wax is good for quick touch ups and refreshing inbetween your paste wax cycles.

Ideally you would not want to put (most) the wax on the windscreen and glasses. The residue it leaves will make the glass difficult to deal with during rain and such. Use a wax/polish/cleaner made for glass.

As for plastic, rubber beadings, etc...if you get wax on them 99% of the waxes out there will leave whitish residue which will be a pain to get rid of and quite unsightly. Therefore, avoid getting your waxes on them. If you want to add protection to your beadings and plastic/rubber trim,which you should, you get proper cleaners/polishes for it. They also help remove any wax residue you get on them.

On 9/15/2021 at 6:12 AM, iRage said:

Yes..but no...depends on the wax....

First of all..decide on the type of wax...paste or spray. So far the most durable and long lasting are paste waxes. The spray wax is good for quick touch ups and refreshing inbetween your paste wax cycles.

Ideally you would not want to put (most) the wax on the windscreen and glasses. The residue it leaves will make the glass difficult to deal with during rain and such. Use a wax/polish/cleaner made for glass.

As for plastic, rubber beadings, etc...if you get wax on them 99% of the waxes out there will leave whitish residue which will be a pain to get rid of and quite unsightly. Therefore, avoid getting your waxes on them. If you want to add protection to your beadings and plastic/rubber trim,which you should, you get proper cleaners/polishes for it. They also help remove any wax residue you get on them.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is, an extra effort needed for avoiding those rubbers, plastics, glasses etc.

6 hours ago, Dhaham said:

Thanks for the reply. The problem is, an extra effort needed for avoiding those rubbers, plastics, glasses etc.

You can use masking tape....or apply the center areas and the edge areas seperately....
This is why you need a good trim cleaner as well...you can wax as normal but being careful around the edges and thenuse the trim cleaner to clean up the wax residue.