• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Performance Car Money Can Buy

Velocity

Best Performance Car Money Can Buy  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Value for Money + Performance + Better Resale + Styling

• Subaru Sti 9 (Rs 7.5 Mil )
    • Subaru Sti 8 ( Rs 6.5 Mil )
    • Mazda Rx 8 Type S ( Rs 6 Mil ) JAPANESE VERSION
    • Mazda Rx 8 Type S ( Rs 4.5 Mil ) Singapore Version )
    • Nissan 350z LIMITED ( Rs 9 Mil )
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 GSR ( Rs 8.5 Mil )

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I wonder if any have considered the possibility of changing the engine of a high milleage RX8 from Singapore, don't know the price, but I recon you can bring the whole car up to mint condition for less than 2 million, surely the cost is more likely to be arround 1 million wouldn't it ?

The Don

EVO

theres no Toyota in that list ? :D

machan i have put only the cars which are available for sale in Sri Lanka except for the Evo 9.

Sti 9 - around 6 units are for sale

Sti 8 - around 4 units are for sale

Rx 8 - around 7 units are for sale

Nissan 350z around 2 units are for sale

Evolution - NO UNITS FOR sale except Nishans car ( I dont think he will sell it )

So i did not include any toyotas as there is none in the category for sale also which comes close the above cars performance figures and is unreg.

:(

LOL

mazdavsnissania8.jpg

Mazdaspeed Rx 8 Vs the Nissan 350z

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...p;page_number=1

:) ah this is a nice read. But I have to wonder about something. This article is 2004, but the first page talks of Nismo planning on using a twin turbo VQ in JGTC in the GT500 class. The Z first ran GT500 in 2001 with a RB26, but it has been using VQ30DETTs for some time now. Didn't they use it before 2004? And if a 3.0l TT can hit 500hp, imagine what they can do with a 3.5l TT from the stock engine :blink:

Don't expect Mazdaspeed or S-Tune perf from anything u can get here tho :lol:

... Then again, the estimated numbers on that supercharged Z is actually better than the S-Tune :( And its up for sale :lol: C'mon Dima! Z! Z! Z!

LOL

mazdavsnissania8.jpg

Mazdaspeed Rx 8 Vs the Nissan 350z

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...p;page_number=1

:) ah this is a nice read. But I have to wonder about something. This article is 2004, but the first page talks of Nismo planning on using a twin turbo VQ in JGTC in the GT500 class. The Z first ran GT500 in 2001 with a RB26, but it has been using VQ30DETTs for some time now. Didn't they use it before 2004? And if a 3.0l TT can hit 500hp, imagine what they can do with a 3.5l TT from the stock engine :blink:

Don't expect Mazdaspeed or S-Tune perf from anything u can get here tho :lol:

... Then again, the estimated numbers on that supercharged Z is actually better than the S-Tune :( And its up for sale :lol: C'mon Dima! Z! Z! Z!

famous jap car sale does have a sti 9 spec c type ra, too bad i dont get to drive the merchandise

for me there is nothing like a sti , power ,handling and point to point acceleration.

orange 350z cabrio in the jap car sale is nice as well , asking price is 8.5 mil i think , better ask the owner. The noise of the z is quite amazing at high revs sounds very similar to j's M3

rx8 is a lot of bang for your buck considering you can drive and put three girls in the car as well :blink:

There a very few cars with the 250bhp engine in sl.

Dims thanks for your comments

voted for the RX-8 jap purely on the basis of selling the car within a year... longer than that and we're talking STi 9 irrespective of resale value...

Stress the engine sound on the V6

i told you the VQs sound good...

Si ? ofcourse... I would preffer that over these cars given... not because I'm a honda freak but because it's more fun... you can do stuff to it and see how the results and the outcome of it..

197hp at 7800

2 litre motor

17 inch rims

350 watt Audio system with an 8inch Sub standard.. add your stuff to this and volah......

or you can also go in for the Type-R or the S

so I'd say

Value for money ( check )

better resale value ( check )

no model change within two years or so ( check )

but the cars on the poll.. you wouldnt feel like fiddling with them too much.. so it's no fun.. you just have a fast car that's all unless you got plenty of green to spend on mods...

errr front wheel drive - uncheck...

why fiddle with a car that's already fast when the manufacturer's done it for you? besides the car would probably cost 5-6mill and for that money you can get an RX-8 which has more power AND is RWD...

and what is this 'stuff' you want to add? an aluminium rear wing? okkk you got me... we're talking 50bhp boost here...

Edited by sharkster

BTW, the supercharged one was in the papers again. And whatever u think of getting, I'm booking a drive right now! Preferably at Pannala, I'm sure we can convince Nigs to organise another get-together :blink:

R u riffering to the Gold colour one with a silver sticker going on the hood? if its that, i just took it for a ride a few days ago. i dont know who owns it, but at the moment its in a car sale of one of my dads friends. awsam xar, but too expencive.

hey dims,isnt the evo 9 costing more than 9mill?

and what is this 'stuff' you want to add? an aluminium rear wing? okkk you got me... we're talking 50bhp boost here...

Red paint .... :blink: xcuse me, cherry red paint.

R u riffering to the Gold colour one with a silver sticker going on the hood? if its that, i just took it for a ride a few days ago. i dont know who owns it, but at the moment its in a car sale of one of my dads friends. awsam xar, but too expencive.

Yeah, thats the one. And the color according to Nissan was something like Burnt Sunset Orange, or summing like that...

Hey, I wanna take it for a ride too...

Red paint .... :blink: xcuse me, cherry red paint.

Yeah, thats the one. And the color according to Nissan was something like Burnt Sunset Orange, or summing like that...

Hey, I wanna take it for a ride too...

il be going there next week or so, will let u know, u can join me.

Aint that in the +$50K range?

Z06 is in around 68K but 500bhp and around 500lbft with factory waranty. There's the c6, Z06 and the ready for lemans c6r...but like I said its more for the US mkt.....dont get me wrong I love the Z's just a lil dissapointed for sitting on the same formula for 4yrs. I do own a VQ powered maxima so I am not a Nissan hater :blink: but since the poll is for the best performance/money ( not comfort, storage or reliability) I still have to go with the vette

Edited by dhp

Z06 is in around 68K but 500bhp and around 500lbft with factory waranty. There's the c6, Z06 and the ready for lemans c6r...but like I said its more for the US mkt.....dont get me wrong I love the Z's just a lil dissapointed for sitting on the same formula for 4yrs. I do own a VQ powered maxima so I am not a Nissan hater :( but since the poll is for the best performance/money ( not comfort, storage or reliability) I still have to go with the vette

Ah ha! But vettes aint in the poll :blink: Anyway dude, Right hand drive cars for the local market being considered here.

Can we add a requirment saying servival in SL????

I love both Evo's and Z's, but if i was back in SL, it would be EVO all the way. on our roads and the nice wet weather we get, you need a RALLY car!!!!!!!

But for pure driver feedback, and fun it would be the Z.

One car that should be considered as an amazing handler is the Miata.