• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Lanka G2g

fuzzo

if anyone can suggest a place bit more private than marine drive, can chill off on some beers.. :jumping-smiley-013:

I’m with bugatti. as i mentioned in the earlier i too think marine drive is too out in the open. Let’s face it it is the pavement afterall.

as much as i like it to be on a sunday as i got some other commitments on saturday and this may well be my last free weekend and I would like to meet you all in person, i think we should have it on saturday so dili can make it. he was the one who initiated this whole thing in the first place. so the least we can do is to make sure he join us.

what do you say we all pencil down the date and time and keep the venue open for some more suggestions if nothing new works we have both excel world and marine drive as backup. i'm sure most of the participants will make it as long as it’s in and around colombo.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ok with either place, but if you guys want some pictures of your cars marine drive might be best... alcatraz being right next to parliament, we might have trouble with the authorities... we probably wont get arrested but explaining to them could take ages... (trust me i know).. had a similar experience last saturday simply because we were shooting some car pics about 500m away from where a "prabhuwaraya" was present for some event ....

Edited by Dilesh

I'm ok with either place, but if you guys want some pictures of your cars marine drive might be best... alcatraz being right next to parliament, we might have trouble with the authorities... we probably wont get arrested but explaining to them could take ages... (trust me i know).. had a similar experience last saturday simply because we were shooting some car pics about 500m away from where a "prabhuwaraya" was present for some event ....

yeah today Parliment area was close for people, i also dont like alcatraz, its a very boring place cus we go there so often, Merine drive is gud, or else its Exel world,

Anyway how is Fuzzo doing ? is he coming ?

Looks Like many need privacy...Well im also ok with the idea,Alcatraz. But Exel-world is a better option, since we all are planning to purchase Food n Bev stuff from there.I dont want to starve, wanna delight my 78Kgs. :D .Spirits ....go shopping on Friday and stuff in the boot then.!!

MINIACE

Guys, what about the go-kart track place in Pelawatte near the G.H. Buddhadasa Grounds? I think you have previously had the G2G there too. That place looks very peaceful and spacious. But dont know whether that place is abandoned now bcos I haven't seen anyone in that place for some time. Anyway, that place looks good. Upto you to decide!!

Please post your comments.

:alc:

Edited by Car Maniac

Obtaining AMRC tarmac at Battharamulla needs official paper work to be done it will take some time to do so...and there's always the food issue in that place. We normally get that place to have bigger events like "Modified Fest" with food stalls and music ect.

If we are having the G2G at Excel world all of you guys should be there at least by 5:00pm otherwise we might not get parking space in a one place. And since it’s a private place we have to obey whatever said by Excel-Wold authorities and strictly NO consumption of liquor inside the car park.

Getting permission in Nawam Mw is not possible

Only options left are Excel World & Marry Brown. Can someone create a Poll for choosing a location as we dong have much time to decide... Delesh can u do it ?

Date / Time fixed : 10th Saturday 5:00pm

Obtaining AMRC tarmac at Battharamulla needs official paper work to be done it will take some time to do so...and there's always the food issue in that place. We normally get that place to have bigger events like "Modified Fest" with food stalls and music ect.

If we are having the G2G at Excel world all of you guys should be there at least by 5:00pm otherwise we might not get parking space in a one place. And since it’s a private place we have to obey whatever said by Excel-Wold authorities and strictly NO consumption of liquor inside the car park.

Getting permission in Nawam Mw is not possible

Only options left are Excel World & Marry Brown. Can someone create a Poll for choosing a location as we dong have much time to decide... Delesh can u do it ?

Date / Time fixed : 10th Saturday 5:00pm

dayuum! If you can't have a pint at least in the car park... don't think i like that place no more.. And since it's poya, the Keg to might be closed...

My Vote goes for Marry Brown providing Mini's 78kgs will guard my lame 65kg's against any coppers who want to beat the crap out of me for drinking warm beer off the boot :lol: