• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Got Copped For Tinted Windows

Stingray

Question

Hi guys

my car has the lightest tint available and its been almost a year since i got it done. The traffic cops stopped me yesterday afternoon and asked me whether i have a permit for the tint, when i replied no he said that no tint whatsoever is allowed. I gently argued with him saying i have the lightest tint and some vehilcles have much darker ones. Anyway he said nothing doing and i too didnt want to get into an argument and handed over the licence and eventually got a ticket (no fine involved but i have to remove the front window tints and show to him in 14 days)

I know that tints were an issue from those days and i was under the impression that light ones are allowed.

I read through porkster's car pic thread and there was a lot of dicsussion about the 3M tint as well.

Has anyone else got copped for tints recently? Either they should announce through a press release properly about the limits of tints or ban the shops from selling them..these guys impose rules overnight and changing them constantly. Anyway we live in paradise isle so i guess this is what we should get used to..

Cheers

:P

why not be cheap abt it and go to a small joint - darley rd perhaps - 1000 to 2000 ought to take care of it max

cuz even if the cops say to take it off it wouldnt be a substantial loss - compared with the investement on the 3M ne... :huh:

well frankly the main reason I chose 3M was cuz of its heat repellent capabilities dude.. especially in this weather and alot of day time riding.. and since it is basically a portion of the car and not the entire screens I would think it being cheaper...

Yeah.. but lately there have been not much incidence of being compelled to remove the tints within Colombo.. and during the day, most of the running is done with the shutters down :) but yes, the cops is one constraint which I gotta think about..

I really hate when something of the car is in bad condition.. even minutely.. and those Kleenpark dude are just trying to cover up their arses by saying blahdi blah.. any suggestions bro of a viable 3m joint? wouldnt be immediate in tinting though.. the car is a mess after the surgery session and thus needs plenty of refurbishing..

Zz

Just thought about bringing this topic back up..

Are there any other 3M Tinting place within Colombo other than Kleenpark.. those buggers refused to budge on certain portions of the tint which have got removed saying it aint covered by the warranty.. hell even one of them was removed right after i took the car after tinting .. sigh.. i d rather take my business elsewhere...

does the Borella 3M joint do a good job in tinting (3m only)? any recommendations?

Basically just need to remove the tints from 2 shutters and apply a new coat for them including a small stripe for the front windscreen..

Zz

machang careful when you tint the back shield as it has the heating lines. There is a huge chance of it geting peeled off if you wish to take the rear tint off

machang careful when you tint the back shield as it has the heating lines. There is a huge chance of it geting peeled off if you wish to take the rear tint off

Yes Hola.. that issue exists but nevertheless, the tint is there for stay.. so if it were by any chance that the tint gettings removed.. it would definitely mean the entire rear windscreen either getting cracked or neccessitating replacement...

No one has any recommendation for 3m tints? :(

Zz