• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Malaysian Rain Forest Challenge

lakshank

hi guys,

I am aware that Indika and osanda are competing in the malaysian rain forest challenge..does anyone has any updates , photos etc about the event.

Osanda ...we have seen so many times pulling out of the course due to his faulty land rover..please dont do it this time..

on the other hand Indika , a very much talented experienced and a sensible driver with his proven skills in his 200 TDi is in the battle with naveen.

we are counting on you guys...

good luck

It's starting on the 25th of Nov. A Few more days to go.

We will try to get updates if possible.

Hope the guys do well.

Cheers

gummy,

from where did u get this news. coz i saw in the marothonrally web site that "both the srilankan teams have failed to go the final stage". it seems. if they have come up with 2nd and 3rd thats great. i was really dissapointed and upset after reading the marothonrally website.

a big round of applause to indika osanda and their guys

Edited by lakshank

gummy,

from where did u get this news. coz i saw in the marothonrally web site that "both the srilankan teams have failed to go the final stage". it seems. if they have come up with 2nd and 3rd thats great. i was really dissapointed and upset after reading the marothonrally website.

a big round of applause to indika osanda and their guys

I was also checking the site to get more info. There was no updates except for a few pictures.

The info I got is from the President of LROC Sri Lanka, which he had got from Indika himself minutes before he had gone for the awards ceremony.

Clarification of the update.

The results should read 2nd and 3rd in the Diesel catagory.

Sorry if I made a mistake. <_<

Edited by Gummybr

Hay Congrats Indika/Navin for becoming 2'nd place & Osanda/Malintha for becoming 3'rd in Diesel Class at the Malaysian Rainforest Challenge 2006 !!!!

Small note from the President of LROC :

There will be a welcoming ceremony organized by LROC at Airport Hotel on 9’th December and they will convoy back to Colombo along with two winning teams.

Hay Congrats Indika/Navin for becoming 2'nd place & Osanda/Malintha for becoming 3'rd in Diesel Class at the Malaysian Rainforest Challenge 2006 !!!!

There will be a welcoming ceremony organized by LROC at Airport Hotel on 9’th December and they will convoy back to Colombo along with two winning teams.

Great win for them! Congrats Sanjay,Navin,Osanda my pal,Malintha!!

Madz ,what time on 9 th?

WELL DONE !!!! Damn its proud to know how talented our Guys are. Infact very few people compete overseas. But it just proud to know the few who do kick ass International Competitors.

I was also checking the site to get more info. There was no updates except for a few pictures.

The info I got is from the President of LROC Sri Lanka, which he had got from Indika himself minutes before he had gone for the awards ceremony.

Clarification of the update.

The results should read 2nd and 3rd in the Diesel catagory.

Sorry if I made a mistake. :)

Is It true that only 5 DIESEL vehicles took part and that our boys are 13th or 14th in the overall competition out of 29 entries???

just heard the news on the grape wine.....

Is It true that only 5 DIESEL vehicles took part and that our boys are 13th or 14th in the overall competition out of 29 entries???

That link Madmax gave has 7 diesels and 4 unknow types... No idea on the standings coz no one has updates.

"It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actualy in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiently; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in worthy course; who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achivement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat"

THEODORE ROOSEVELT - Paris 1910.

"It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actualy in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiently; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in worthy course; who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achivement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat"

THEODORE ROOSEVELT - Paris 1910.

Well quoted Jilbuwa :action-smiley-031:

Well quoted Jilbuwa B)

Now you got the idea boys...don't critisise things that you don't know of. Anyways let's call a truce! Atleast us boys & girls in the motering scene should be able to show the rest how to make peace.

I must make mention I am very dissapointed about the "Marathonrally" website that keeps updating the RFC results have put down our boys reputation by calling them the Broken Down Landrover Challenge...did you guys see that post and they also call Osanda creation a topling boat. I think it's very unfair for them to put us Sri Lankans down, We have been cornered and subjected to racisum...We need to put the records straight. I think all of you should write to them and condem these remarks.

Let the B**T*HING stop...Unite to promote the sport... :action-smiley-031:

Cruiserhead...

I agree.

We do a lot of off-road racing here in SA and all the "special class" vehicles look like boats. It's a shape that is most suited for the type of racing we do.

People can say anything they want, but I think the results achieved speaks the greatest.

Judging by the pictures, I was quite impressed with Osanda's vehicle.

Cheers

Didn't mean any offence cruiser head, infact you guys are high on my list on people to meet when I come to Sri Lanka since I am very into offroading as well, though I dont get to do much of it,

I was merely complementing Jilbuwa on the appropriateness of his quote,

Because in the end, whatever the situation, I dont think anybody can take away from those guys achievement, and your comments, probably unintentionally seems to suggest something to that regard.

If that was not your intention then there is no problem, :action-smiley-031:

You have misinterpretted our comments for bitching when it wasn't. Personally I have nothing but respect for you.

And congragulations to our guys on their victory, I hope more Sri Lankans can participate in such events in the future and do even better in years to come.

The Don