• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2007 Mitsubishi Lancer

dillongt

Mitsubishi has released an official sketch of the next production model coming to the U.S. Based on the same platform as the new Outlander SUV, the new Lancer sedan you see here is the next step in Mitsubishi's "Project Global," a series of mid-size offerings sharing one platform. The Lancer will use an engines co-developed with DaimlerChrysler and Hyundai, including a diesel model in Europe and a 2.0-liter turbocharged four cylinder on our shores. That engine will most likely make its way into a performance-oriented model with a Ralliart name, while a more powerful version will be bolted into the Lancer Evolution due out for the 2008 model year.

Build and interior quality will be the main points of focus for this new sedan, and the model's success or failure will be a large factor in Mitsubishi's decision of whether or not to continue competing in the United States. A sharply styled sport wagon, previewed by the Concept-Sportback shown at the Frankfurt show last year, will be announced for Europe in the near future.

By Stuart Fowle

lancerpo7.jpg

Edited by dillongt

Mitsubishi has released an official sketch of the next production model coming to the U.S. Based on the same platform as the new Outlander SUV, the new Lancer sedan you see here is the next step in Mitsubishi's "Project Global," a series of mid-size offerings sharing one platform. The Lancer will use an engines co-developed with DaimlerChrysler and Hyundai, including a diesel model in Europe and a 2.0-liter turbocharged four cylinder on our shores. That engine will most likely make its way into a performance-oriented model with a Ralliart name, while a more powerful version will be bolted into the Lancer Evolution due out for the 2008 model year.

Build and interior quality will be the main points of focus for this new sedan, and the model's success or failure will be a large factor in Mitsubishi's decision of whether or not to continue competing in the United States. A sharply styled sport wagon, previewed by the Concept-Sportback shown at the Frankfurt show last year, will be announced for Europe in the near future.

By Stuart Fowle

lancerpo7.jpg

wondering is it just me but can't help noticing too much Peugeot effect on the grill, hood , front bumper, headlamps and wheel rims..

• 2 months later...

why do ppl keep reposting on the new lancer ? :)

the Mitsubishi section is full of post abt the new Lancer - virtually all the images , EVO X & otherwise have been reposted at least 3 times over!

;)

he! he! i guess my link and Dilesh's are different.

i dunno whether exact same clip(link) i posted has been posted earlier, frankly coz i dont often visit the mitsu section.