• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which car to buy?

Shakir

Question

Please someone help me to choose one of these cars. What about the  Reliability? Cost 💲of maintenance ? Turbo/ brake issues? 
TIA ! 🙂

Cars OP is referring to:

1. Civic 1.0

2. Swift RS (2017)

3. CHR

Edited by iRage

3 answers to this question

23 hours ago, Shakir said:

Please someone help me to choose one of these cars. What about the  Reliability? Cost 💲of maintenance ? Turbo/ brake issues? 
TIA ! 🙂

Welcome to the forum. 

Sorry if I am missing something...but what cars are you talking about ? 
I cannot see any reference to any cars or anything about your requirements. Did you post them on a different thread ? or did your post about it get lost somewhere ?

Aha ! You had tagged Swift RS, Civic 1L turbo and CHR (turbo or Hybrid ?)

I will update your post with the cars...however,

the cars you have mentioned are in different categories. There suitability depends on what you primarily intend to use the car for. So you should give us more details...

On 10/30/2022 at 12:37 PM, Shakir said:

TIA ! 🙂

Cars OP is referring to:

1. Civic 1.0

2. Swift RS (2017)

3. CHR

Different categories but overall you're looking at the 2017 onwards turbo charged cars. These cars have been discussed a lot in the forum. Particularly the Civic which many people in this forum including yours truly own. There's a blog and a dedicated thread for it. 

Cost of maintenance for all of these should be roughly the same amount. You can't abuse these like you abused an AE110 or a FB14 and expect it to run. 

I have not heard of any brake issues. Turbo issues - Yes there are a few stories about turbo issues in the Civic and there were some complaints about injector issues in the CHR. I have not heard of similar issues with the Swift other than some problems with steering (there was a thread in autolanka about that too - do a search) BUT it could be due to the fact that there are far less Swifts in the country than either Civics or CHR's so obviously you don't get to hear a lot about it. 

Ground clearance CHR >Civic >Swift. Acceleration wise the swift is lighter and the engine packs  a punch so you'll get more oomph. Handling wise the Civic is better than the other two.