• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2012 Kia Cerato ABS Issue

shanakamm

Question

Hi Guys,

I have a 2012 Kia Cerato 1.6 car and got ABS light on couple of days ago. went to dealer and they diagnosed it as a ABS module issue. But the issue is they don't have the part at the moment and even if I order it from them, it will be around 6 laks. also they are not willing to share the part number or any compatible part numbers with the customer.

So did some research and found the part number (58920 1M340) for my VIN, but it is not available in Korea to buy as this was an export model. found an available ABS module with part number (58920 1M300) but needed to know if it's compatible before I buy. only difference is last 2 numbers and both modules looks the same. pin count and all. 

Really appreciate your comments, 

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, shanakamm said:

So did some research and found the part number (58920 1M340) for my VIN, but it is not available in Korea to buy as this was an export model. found an available ABS module with part number (58920 1M300) but needed to know if it's compatible before I buy. only difference is last 2 numbers and both modules looks the same. pin count and all. 

On the positive side, it is  fairly common for the same part to have different SKU numbers for different regions. On the minus side....sometimes some parts, although they have the same design, etc...have slight differences in the setup in order to meet differences in market specifications (sometimes it is a matter of the location of a bracket or a screw). In the case if an ABS modulator...who knows...maybe there is some difference in the size of the brakes or size of the brake booster or master cylinders that require something different.

In most parts of the world, most manufacturers (i.e. their agents) would not swap the part (unless it is something like an airfilter or something) because of their compliancy requirements. So you can't go up to them and ask if it is the same part either. So it is going ot be up to you to take the risk :(

• Like 1