• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Insurance Scheme Is Better V*P Or F****** P**

Memphis

Hi Dims & Sharks, Thanks for the advice guys, I didn't really know the premiums in SL as I was residing in the UK for the last 5 years. But in j********i, I've been told 15,000/= something for my bike for Fully Com, so finally I ended up with third party. I haven't tried other companies. Don't they have Third Party with Fire & Theft in SL, cos this is available in the UK.

Dims, I'm scared about the stolen vehicles machan, I haven't really heard about this much. When I think that some one lost his Prado, mmm... I will definitely go for Fully Com or whatever which covers for theft, When I Buy a car.

I know man, you just hate to know that your bike or vehicale been stolen and you just can never trace it and have to be extremely carefull. The fact is if your vehicale is on comprehensive and is stolen insurance companies do a special investigation because they do not want large sums of money to be given on charity to vehicale robbers.

They in return motivate on getting the police to trace all vehicale stealing gangs,

In the longer term its more productive for insurance companies to do this,

insurance is so competive these days get qoutes and give to other companies and the broker will always undercut, but i assure you SLI is upto its name with Assurance. Go with them,

well in my case i'm getting a car loan from my bank and have to get a comprehensive cover. They gave me two options, F****** P*** or V*P and the premium is around 25,000 per year it seems for V*P.

Dilesh, my father also have used 3rd party all his life and shares the same sentiments as posted by you, but as i wrote, my situation demands comprehensive (as i ws made to believe at least).

So, is F****** P*** the safest option ? AND if the vehicle is valued at 850,000 how much will my premium be in both instances ? any ideas appreciated.

for 1.5 mil its around Rs 55000

well dims is correct about wot he is trying to argue..

i agree with dilesh but depends on the need. we've had a rent a car some years back and and yeh. all were full insured. it had to be.

we 've had couple of cars since then which we used to full insure and drive but after some years we tend to think WTF! 'cos never ever nething got crashed or damaged, once was but it wasn't the fault of us and dat woman paid for the job. if you DO drive gud.. you may rest with a 3rd party i guess.

talking about companies.. 3 months back my friends Honda met with a accident/drunk(insuarence never knew) front glass, 2 doors, hood, bonnet, under and many which cost about 475,000/- and BELIVE me Janksti paid whole sum. whop. i am not sure any other company would pay such an amount, i dunno..

F****** P*** must be gud and J*******i..

I was battling with the same option (full or 3rd party) a few weeks back when my insurance policy expired. My dinky toy is valued at about 740K + and the premium comes to almost 30k (ouch) with C******o V*P. But my past experiences forced me to renew it. Burned my Mazda Familia (electrical wonkiness) to the point where it had to be condemned in 2003 and thank God for the full cover, I receovered 90% of the total value of the car from V*P(Shit definetely would have hit the fan if not, coz half the dough was funded by me parents...hehehe).

I really have no faith in the no claim promises they make, its wiser to get a full cover and make sure one claims atleats something withing the course of that year (",).

As for C******o, the've always been faithful to me (always ...always received more than I expected ;)

Have had one bad experience, which was a delay on a horribly rainy day (so guess one can excuse them). As the good experiences i've had with em over rides the horrible ones I've had with them, guess I'd always stick with C******o :action-smiley-060:

I was battling with the same option (full or 3rd party) a few weeks back when my insurance policy expired. My dinky toy is valued at about 740K + and the premium comes to almost 30k (ouch) with C******o V*P. But my past experiences forced me to renew it. Burned my Mazda Familia (electrical wonkiness) to the point where it had to be condemned in 2003 and thank God for the full cover, I receovered 90% of the total value of the car from V*P(Shit definetely would have hit the fan if not, coz half the dough was funded by me parents...hehehe).

I really have no faith in the no claim promises they make, its wiser to get a full cover and make sure one claims atleats something withing the course of that year (",).

As for C******o, the've always been faithful to me (always ...always received more than I expected ;)

Have had one bad experience, which was a delay on a horribly rainy day (so guess one can excuse them). As the good experiences i've had with em over rides the horrible ones I've had with them, guess I'd always stick with C******o ;)

hmmm.... it seems C******o treats girls well

:action-smiley-060:

well in my case i'm getting a car loan from my bank and have to get a comprehensive cover. They gave me two options, F****** P*** or V*P and the premium is around 25,000 per year it seems for V*P.

Dilesh, my father also have used 3rd party all his life and shares the same sentiments as posted by you, but as i wrote, my situation demands comprehensive (as i ws made to believe at least).

So, is F****** P*** the safest option ? AND if the vehicle is valued at 850,000 how much will my premium be in both instances ? any ideas appreciated.

ya if you are required to i guess its justifiable to get comprehensive. cos banks dont want to give a loann and have you crash the car condemed it and say "hey i dont use the car no more.. so i aint paying no bank loan"

vehicles are getting stolen and people are getting killed everyday, you just never hear about it in the news. just 2-3 days back there was a kidnapping in col 6...never came in the news...

so be careful

Hey,

Whats the deal with the kidnapping? is the deal over now? who was kidnapped? ans was he/she returned?

hmmm.... it seems c******o treats girls well

indeed dey do...knobs

By the way guys....we are f**king fortunate that the insurance companies here value against the car and not the driver!

In the US/UK, insurance is for the DRIVER....and they take into account how old you are, where you live....past accident history....and to add to that- the TYPE of car you drive.

There is a general rating given to the car that determines it as high risk/low risk.

My first car over in the US was a 14 year BMW 3 series- i paid $2000 for it. Since i was 21 and living in the city...and it was a new US drivers license....my premium was frikking $2500!!!!!

4 years later i bought a Miata MX-5 @ $9000 and my premium went down to $1000 because the car was "low risk" despite being RED and a CONVERTIBLE!!! Go figure....

So all in all, we're lucky we can still pay less than $500 a year for full cover....

thats true...ur car can fall into a range of insurance groups from 1 to 20 n d higher d insurance group d higher d premium...i got a quote for GBP3000 for an Alfa Romeo 155 wen i was 21!!!!

Just to give you guys a hint about Insurance Companies. A stupid van Driver came speeding on a bylane onto the main road that i was travelling on and I hit him cause he came out of no where. When I told him we had to go to the cp shed he took off, lucky i got the number down and traced him. He was charged in courts and found guilty. Now here is the real story.....

He was insured with the company that provides insurance to very important persons....and that where I went to get my 3rd party claim from. I put in my papers to his insurance Co. ( I am insured with a different Insurance Company) and had the pre repair inspection done by his insurance co. gave them the estimate from the agents, got the car repaired got his insurance Co to do the after repair inspection provided all documentation but have not received a cent yet. Here is the joake guys. The after repair inspection was done and the document were provided ni Dec 2005. .... Now choose wisely

Just to give you guys a hint about Insurance Companies. A stupid van Driver came speeding on a bylane onto the main road that i was travelling on and I hit him cause he came out of no where. When I told him we had to go to the cp shed he took off, lucky i got the number down and traced him. He was charged in courts and found guilty. Now here is the real story.....

He was insured with the company that provides insurance to very important persons....and that where I went to get my 3rd party claim from. I put in my papers to his insurance Co. ( I am insured with a different Insurance Company) and had the pre repair inspection done by his insurance co. gave them the estimate from the agents, got the car repaired got his insurance Co to do the after repair inspection provided all documentation but have not received a cent yet. Here is the joake guys. The after repair inspection was done and the document were provided ni Dec 2005. .... Now choose wisely

names names

C******o is one of the worst Insurance companies around….you wont what they did with my dad’s jeep…

One day he was on the rajagiriya road and right opposite the Rajagiriya Sathosa.. and this van (hiace-dolphin) comes wham into the back of the jeep (G.Vitara)…. The guy was speeding like hell.. and the reason… well apparently the van was one that was financed by Seylan Bank (or some other leasing company of C******o, cant remember now) to some guy and he hadn’t paid the installments.. and the people in the van when the accident happened were the Bank’s seizers…. And the van had been seized no more than 20 minutes ago..

The police came along and things needed to be done were done… on a latter date C******o came took a look at our jeep, and said they were sorry about it and not to worry that it wont be a issue fixing it.. and it wont be a issue since the insured vehicle (the van) is owned by one of their sister companies our claim would be honoured.. the quotation was sent to C******o and they approved it and sent it back to us and Brown’s (then Agents for Suzuki) did the repair and it cost around 150,000 bucks. And since everything was in order at that time, my father settled the bill with browns with the intention of reimbursing it from C******o.. and when we called ceylinvo after the repair they said give us a ‘day to process it, and we’ll get back to you’ 3 or 4 days go by, and still no news… and when we call them back they say “we’re sorry.. you’re a 3rd party affected by the accident and you’re not the insured party, and we pay only upto 15,000 for 3rd parties affected…” now this is coming from the same PERSON who assured us not to worry and signed and approved the repair very well knowing we weren’t the insured party...

Now this shows that we cant take their own WRITTEN word… and when did this hapen you ask.... wel,l get this... December 2001.. and a case was filed

And another deal.. a friend of mine has a A4 and with comprehensive… he once opened his door and a 3wheeler overtaking fron the wrong side ripped the door off… and the door had to be replaced… now obviously that car cant be driven without a driver’s door…. and the agent had said the door would have to be imported from Germany and that’d take over 2-3 weeks and to leave the car at the workshop till then… and when he went to C******o they say “well, the repair (of fixing the new door) is one day’s job so we cant give you ANY (let alone identical) replacement vehicle.. we cant help it if the agent doesn’t have a door…”

now that’s just their quality of service…

So it ell you don’t goto C******o…If you MUST get comprehensive goto SL Insurance..

• Like 1

Hey,

Whats the deal with the kidnapping? is the deal over now? who was kidnapped? ans was he/she returned?

not too sure what happened.. aparently it was a businessman who was kidnapped. this is quite a "normal" thing. get kidnapped, pay them and you are usually released. my wife uncle was also kidnapped..but he didn't return alive. he was found in bolgoda lake stabbed. some of you may remember the story from a while back...

not too sure what happened.. aparently it was a businessman who was kidnapped. this is quite a "normal" thing. get kidnapped, pay them and you are usually released. my wife uncle was also kidnapped..but he didn't return alive. he was found in bolgoda lake stabbed. some of you may remember the story from a while back...

damnnnn sorry to hear dat

i remember this story.

really sorry to hear this. did they find out who did it or anything?

Hey MADZ!!!!

yesterday i was like "wow.. Madz seems to be cool with us using names...." and was under the same impression till afternoon!!

and now sudenl names have been replaced with ********s..... hehehehee :P:D

but these are like real life stoies we're sharing, so does it still count as publicity or marketing? :)

i remember this story.

really sorry to hear this. did they find out who did it or anything?

no they never did find anyting out... the case is even forgotten now...

Hey MADZ!!!!

yesterday i was like "wow.. Madz seems to be cool with us using names...." and was under the same impression till afternoon!!

and now sudenl names have been replaced with ********s..... hehehehee :P:D

but these are like real life stoies we're sharing, so does it still count as publicity or marketing? :)

machan Madz,

isn't this going a bit extreme on the names thing. we are not trying to sell insurance to anyone. there was a genuine query about which company is better to go with and the users on here were sharing their thoughts and suggestion.. that is ultimately what a forum is for...to share thoughts and info.

at the rate we are going, we won't be able to ask which car people recommend or what is a good car coz it will look like the posters are endorsing a certain brand and giving it publicity. it hink there should be some slack on this policy.

just my 2 cents

no they never did find anyting out... the case is even forgotten now...

machan Madz,

isn't this going a bit extreme on the names thing. we are not trying to sell insurance to anyone. there was a genuine query about which company is better to go with and the users on here were sharing their thoughts and suggestion.. that is ultimately what a forum is for...to share thoughts and info.

at the rate we are going, we won't be able to ask which car people recommend or what is a good car coz it will look like the posters are endorsing a certain brand and giving it publicity. it hink there should be some slack on this policy.

just my 2 cents

machan farzo/dilesh,

It's not about publicity or marketing it's about staying safe online :P

Guys it's always better not to reveal full name of an individual or either a company when discussing matters on online forums. There are various internet related laws.. why get into unessesory trouble ? When you discussing stuff which you may think that it will affect's the image of any local company or an individual then pls dont mention their full name...insted just type the first&last letter and replace the rest with "*" or some other character.

I also got experience, my dads van, when my bro driving a car cross the main road and ht on it. the car bugger hit and ran, didnt see the number plate.

we were lucky that we were in full insure.. (with SL I*****ce)

by the way damage was 57000,

we fixed from our money and showed they paid all the money by cheque in few weeks.

in hit and run cases its always better have a full insurance.

bye

I also got experience, my dads van, when my bro driving a car cross the main road and ht on it. the car bugger hit and ran, didnt see the number plate.

we were lucky that we were in full insure.. (with SL I*****ce)

by the way damage was 57000,

we fixed from our money and showed they paid all the money by cheque in few weeks.

in hit and run cases its always better have a full insurance.

bye

if i was ever hit & run i would chase afer the bugger even in a three wheeler or some otheer car, pull the a** out of his car and beat the crapmout of him, and make him pay for the damage frm his insurance, and my 3 wheeler fair frmo his pocket then &there.. :P

reminds me of this one time... sometime last year ni borella there was a big scene hapening on the road witha bunch of people surrounding a MItsubishi L-200.. it was a fouled car-jacking... the theives (2) had got into the pickup pasenger side and behind the driver while at a traffic light, and assaulted the bugger thrown him out and tried to drive away... but some three wheeler drivers had stopped it.. one theif got into a bus and got away.. the other guy ran on foot.. he had been followed and had the crap beat out of him...cops came and took him in with even the fake lisence plates in hand... though the guy was still walking.. if you ask me the people should have beaten him up harder... he's just going to be out on bail in a couple of days and boosting cars again... and we KNOW he did it... maybe even break an arm or a couple of finger so that he'd never steal again.. thats one thing i admire in middle-east contries..

machan farzo/dilesh,

It's not about publicity or marketing it's about staying safe online :P

Guys it's always better not to reveal full name of an individual or either a company when discussing matters on online forums. There are various internet related laws.. why get into unessesory trouble ? When you discussing stuff which you may think that it will affect's the image of any local company or an individual then pls dont mention their full name...insted just type the first&last letter and replace the rest with "*" or some other character.

on the other hand if Insurance companies knew that we were talking about thier work on forums like this, they'll clean up thier acts, and give us better service.... it'll be easier to give better service than go around the itnernet looking for people giving them bad publicity. :)

and still they cant keep us from talking in person (not on the forum).. and beleive me i'm sure people say way worse things off the forum than on it....hehehehee!

:D

if i was ever hit & run i would chase afer the bugger even in a three wheeler or some otheer car, pull the a** out of his car and beat the crapmout of him, and make him pay for the damage frm his insurance, and my 3 wheeler fair frmo his pocket then &there.. :P

The Buger who caused my accident tookoff while I was moving the car to ease the damn trafic jam. I chased after him im my car. Unfortunately for the bugger turned into a by-lane, which he did not know how to get out of. Half way through chasing ...lol... I see the wanker turnback and head towards me. Since the wife was in d car could not do much damage to the bloody Ass. The cheek of the bugger ... While on the way to the cop station he took off again..Did not want to bother chasing him again but went and made the complaint at the Police station. Here was his fine at the Kaduwella magistrates courts

For causing the accident it was somting like Rs. 20,000.00

Hit and Run Rs. 500.00

Go figure

on the other hand if Insurance companies knew that we were talking about thier work on forums like this, they'll clean up thier acts, and give us better service.... it'll be easier to give better service than go around the itnernet looking for people giving them bad publicity. :P

and still they cant keep us from talking in person (not on the forum).. and beleive me i'm sure people say way worse things off the forum than on it....hehehehee!

:)

dude saying things off the forum is alrite cos no1 can record it n thus has no proof to hold it against u...wen its written down for every1 to see it becomes a problem...dis being d main SL automotiv forum dere's bound to b ppl connectd to dese companies on it...ask velocity how much trouble u can get into for defamation...

besides it'd b quite funny to hav aliases for dese companies u hate cos u can cum up wit d most radical names for em...:D

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

...ask velocity how much trouble u can get into for defamation...

besides it'd b quite funny to hav aliases for dese companies u hate cos u can cum up wit d most radical names for em...:P

Any Critisicm should be very upto the point and should not insult anyones image. I definetely went out of the way ( because I was hurt and i had a loss which was unbareble -loss of contract ). I was basically pissed off.But that was wrong. There is always a legal way of solving problems and that is path you need to take.

You should not name companies on public forums just as madz said. But you can critize with facts and proof behind you. but they should be valid and only should be upto the point,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Any Critisicm should be very upto the point and should not insult anyones image. I definetely went out of the way ( because I was hurt and i had a loss which was unbareble -loss of contract ). I was basically pissed off.But that was wrong. There is always a legal way of solving problems and that is path you need to take.

You should not name companies on public forums just as madz said. But you can critize with facts and proof behind you. but they should be valid and only should be upto the point,

well,

i have proof of what hapened with my father's jeep.. and if there's anyone from the Insurance company in question, contact me and i'll even give you the vehicles that are involved.

and Velicity, what do u mean lost your contract? were you fired from an Insurance company?