• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for daily runner max budget 12M

Trump

Question

Hi guys, so since my last hunt for a mazda 2 in 2020 did not work with covid coming in etc etc, now I'm planning to buy a Vehicle again with 12M budget cap.

I'd mostly use this vehicle in Kurunegala and Colombo, will not drive daily back n forth.

Coming from a past having driven a passo and driven by the passo numerous days into garages, I'm looking for something which would not trouble for few years at least, given I've no problem with doing the timely services/maintenance at agents or recommended provider.

I do expect a bit more than an A-B vehicle since I love driving.

Ground clearance is welcome given the conditions of our roads, specially these days with zero maintenance is seen.

I can live with around 10kmpl city economy and better long distance economies.

As already mentioned something newer is preferred at least which came after 2017.

I've looked at CHR, Q2, Vezel, Axio WXB, CIVIC sedan though not in depth.

Would really appreciate your help to make a better informed decision.

Cheers.

Edited by Trump

6 answers to this question

If you want something more than just A to B driving..then the Axio WXB is not the car. That car is as exciting as sitting on a sofa and chewing on a frozen cucumber whilst watching the life cycle of a mosquito on the Discovery Channel. As a sedan, the Civic would be the better car but that has issues but seem to be okay as long as you find a really really well maintained example.

Between the Vezel and the CHR, the Vezel is the better and more practical crossover...but it has its own set of problems (clutch pack, Honda electronic issues of the era, etc...); whilst the CH-R has its own problems (mainly the injector issue that may or may not come up)

No idea about the Q2 but being an Audi I reckon it would be the more enjoyable drive. However, considering where you live, access to proper maintenance resources might not be very good (well....atleast a bit more challenging than the Toyota and the Hondas).

I can't believe I am saying this...but have you considered a Premio/Allion ? Simple tech from the 90s and gets the job done and has a lot of creature comforts. Best would be the 1.8L variant. It has zero enjoyment but that can be fixed with some investment in upgrading the suspension and wheels. Prices seem to range and erratic as the weather (have seen some that fit your budget but a year or so older than what you are looking for).

Then there is also the Mazda 3. The latest model (a 2019) is advertised at 17mil...so I am guessing you should be able to find a slightly older 2015 or so example for your budget ?   Another option is the Mazda 6 but it will be a bit older than the 3.

Now...your list has compact crossovers and sedans...what exactly are you looking for ?

• Like 3

On 1/16/2023 at 5:31 AM, iRage said:

If you want something more than just A to B driving..then the Axio WXB is not the car. That car is as exciting as sitting on a sofa and chewing on a frozen cucumber whilst watching the life cycle of a mosquito on the Discovery Channel. As a sedan, the Civic would be the better car but that has issues but seem to be okay as long as you find a really really well maintained example.

Between the Vezel and the CHR, the Vezel is the better and more practical crossover...but it has its own set of problems (clutch pack, Honda electronic issues of the era, etc...); whilst the CH-R has its own problems (mainly the injector issue that may or may not come up)

No idea about the Q2 but being an Audi I reckon it would be the more enjoyable drive. However, considering where you live, access to proper maintenance resources might not be very good (well....atleast a bit more challenging than the Toyota and the Hondas).

I can't believe I am saying this...but have you considered a Premio/Allion ? Simple tech from the 90s and gets the job done and has a lot of creature comforts. Best would be the 1.8L variant. It has zero enjoyment but that can be fixed with some investment in upgrading the suspension and wheels. Prices seem to range and erratic as the weather (have seen some that fit your budget but a year or so older than what you are looking for).

Then there is also the Mazda 3. The latest model (a 2019) is advertised at 17mil...so I am guessing you should be able to find a slightly older 2015 or so example for your budget ?   Another option is the Mazda 6 but it will be a bit older than the 3.

Now...your list has compact crossovers and sedans...what exactly are you looking for ?

Hi @iRagethanks for the detailed response.

In order of preference I prefer a compact crossover over a sedan. I'm keeping it flexible since the options are limited to budget, availability etc.

I came across couple of Mazda 6s between 10-12M from 2014-2016 period. Now spending some time on the forum and elsewhere to get to know the vehicle before I go see it.

While I was looking through the Q2, came across the Peugeot 3008 as well though budget exceeds. Could not find much feedback or reviews in the forum so it's a black box to me atm though the looks impresses me.

Bro have you checked out the Kia Stonic or Toyota Raize? Considering you prefer crossovers over sedans.You can very well find a 2019-2020 Example with lower mileage for your budget.I personally know some people that own the Raize,one of my old teachers owned a Kia Stonic but sold it with the Fuel Crisis.Most people seem to be happy with the Raize,the teacher also liked the Stonic.But I’m not sure if they have any issues since they are relatively new cars.@iRage what would you think of these two?

On 4/9/2023 at 7:06 PM, Boseth Minidu said:

Bro have you checked out the Kia Stonic or Toyota Raize? Considering you prefer crossovers over sedans.You can very well find a 2019-2020 Example with lower mileage for your budget.I personally know some people that own the Raize,one of my old teachers owned a Kia Stonic but sold it with the Fuel Crisis.Most people seem to be happy with the Raize,the teacher also liked the Stonic.But I’m not sure if they have any issues since they are relatively new cars.@iRage what would you think of these two?

Hi Minidu,

Yes I even went for a test ride on a Stonic once, but I gave up on the idea for below reasons,

1. Horror stories about the warranty and service provided by the agent as heard in the Stonic owners groups.

2. GDI engine is said to required clean fuel which can be a headache in sri lanka.

3. Complaints of premature battery failure, interior etc.

on the Raize, unfortunately I personally do not like the look and feel of it.

It's a real curse when you are born picky and can't get off it 🤓

1 hour ago, Trump said:

GDI engine is said to required clean fuel which can be a headache in sri lanka.

Most cars now adays have direct injection engines or some sort of complicated fuel injection system that doesn't like unclean petrol. If you want a car that will not care about how clean the fuel is...then you will have to look for cars from more than about 2 decades ago.