• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aston Martin Db9

Bishu

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do agree with Shakir on our young lads way of expressing things, I must say I share some of his concern. Not that all lady drivers are bad, and I know a few who can drive circles around me, but really. There is a girl in our office with a new Chery QQ, and has managed to dent the front buffer on the left AND the right within a week of bringing it in to work. It would be an aweful shame to treat a DB9 like that. And god help us all if this lady drives like my sister! I don't think carbon deposits on the engine would be a problem :ninja: At least that 6l V12 will make enough noise to warn us to get out of the way in a hurry :)

At least that 6l V12 will make enough noise to warn us to get out of the way in a hurry :ninja:

Well it should have the 'normal' and 'sports' mode- where among other things, the exhaust is opened out and its made noisy. Its been widely said that the noise is artificial though :)

Edited by Pilawoos

While I do agree with Shakir on our young lads way of expressing things, I must say I share some of his concern. Not that all lady drivers are bad, and I know a few who can drive circles around me, but really. There is a girl in our office with a new Chery QQ, and has managed to dent the front buffer on the left AND the right within a week of bringing it in to work. It would be an aweful shame to treat a DB9 like that. And god help us all if this lady drives like my sister! I don't think carbon deposits on the engine would be a problem :ninja: At least that 6l V12 will make enough noise to warn us to get out of the way in a hurry :)

here's hoping that she'll be like virtually all questionalbly skilled women drivers, & straddle the lanes n hold up traffic ;) - that way we can get a better view of the DB9 :)

wtf? ya serious dude.. bought for wife? f***in hell.. this gotta be one devoted husband lol.. just imagine da jaw dropping effect of vehicle enthusiasts when seeing a gal driving the most exotic car on SL roads! this is one for the books.. f***! pray to god the darn thing got reverse sensors n automated "car" safety systems cuz most women dnt drive in a straight line from what i ve seen...

Zz

Devoted? I dont think so... I would only buy this for my wife if I cheated on her... This guy must have gotten caught. Im sure his wife does not even know the graviety of this car. Is there any confirmation this guy paid 62million? may be he is connected or has a permit. Also I would hardley say this is hard earned money, If I am correct I heard he owns a textile company? I dont know if you have ever seen the poor young girls that work in these factorys, but they are defienetly exploited and under paid.

Devoted? I dont think so... I would only buy this for my wife if I cheated on her... This guy must have gotten caught. Im sure his wife does not even know the graviety of this car. Is there any confirmation this guy paid 62million? may be he is connected or has a permit. Also I would hardley say this is hard earned money, If I am correct I heard he owns a textile company? I dont know if you have ever seen the poor young girls that work in these factorys, but they are defienetly exploited and under paid.

Hey, maybe once, it is hard earned money. At the end of he day, its his money, his CAR, and his consience. If he can sleep well in the night, then who are we to judge. Only thing I am annoyed now is that his gift is a hard act to follow now. Man, what the hell can we get our partners now!!!!! I dont think even a bling necklace will cut it, he he he. Good one Dilshan! Now the men of SL are really up the gum tree!!! Shall we keep the gift part a secret in case the women of our lives find out.

Edited by VVTi

Got this by mail. Now, I have no idea about the source, so DON'T take it as gospel. Just a rumour.

Machan,

So I mentioned to one of my friends about the AM and he said his sister's boss got this for her wife (Boss is Dilshan Fernando of Christy Garments) cos he promised her anything in the world if she gave birth to a baby girl as their 2nd child. She had asked for a sports car and he got this!!! Unbelievable dont you think?!!!

maybe, maybe not. Don't quote me on it.

So I mentioned to one of my friends about the AM and he said his sister's boss got this for her wife (Boss is Dilshan Fernando of Christy Garments) cos he promised her anything in the world if she gave birth to a baby girl as their 2nd child. She had asked for a sports car and he got this!!! Unbelievable dont you think?!!!

Someone also talked about the man having his priorities straight... my foot...

Ask him where the money came from.. certainly not from his garment business coz that is barely surviving...

ask him why so many bank - Bad An Doubtful write offs ... this is whre da money comes from...

priporities my foot.. typical sri lankans... don't have a clue of what priorities are...

Ask him where the money came from.. certainly not from his garment business coz that is barely surviving...

ask him why so many bank - Bad An Doubtful write offs ... this is whre da money comes from...

priporities my foot.. typical sri lankans... don't have a clue of what priorities are...

Heres some free advice dude. Before jumping into the middle of things and shooting off ur mouth, get ur facts straight. When I spoke of a man with his priorities straight, I meant Mona, who inquired if the dude has a daughter or sis. (I think that was answered Mona, but u'd need to be a serious cradle snatcher ;) )

Also, when u point the finger, remember the fingers pointing at u. The typical Sri Lankans thing is uncalled for. So is speculation about the man's business habits. I don't care about his business deals, in this thread, we are discussing the car, not the moralistic values of the owner.

Spend some time trying to get the drift of convo on any forum u join. Generally works better that way.

ruwds

I think Gabby's Aston was a bit of blackmail, so that really wasn't a gift. I was following the show back when that happened. Hell, Eva Longoria is smoking! And it really bites that she just got engaged to a dude younger than me. I mean, some dudes have all the luck... :(

Edited by Pericles

Foot in mouth and head up a$$hole. What are you talking about? Son this is an automotive forum and most of us would like to keep things that way. And judging by this gentleman's name he is Sri Lankan too yes? So does that make him a 'typical' Sri Lankan? Or a special one?

Right now your priority is a certificate in literacy. Go ahead shock me. Say something smart.

Edited by sharkster

Hi,

The story is that this car has 18,000k's on it and came from Singapore. It was brought down on a permit and cost around 30mil.

Hi to all those who are too concenred about the Aston's owner's moral values... Dudes, he bought the car for his wife! Not some other woman, not as a bribe. And the fact that she did not ask for some 'red sports car' and asked for a Aston instead shows she knows her cars. So give them credit, wish them well, and be proud that someone in SL has the balls and the taste to bring down poetry in metal instead of the standard Merc or BMW or Jaguar. I have heard the exhaust note of a DB9 at full throttle in UK once, and I tell you, it cannot be from a man made machine! Appreciate the metal, not the flesh!