• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

K&n Filters

Saturn

Question

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guys, is there an agent for K&N in SL?

otherwise, where can you purchase K&N filters?

call 0112-***-*** for motorcade

or u can get it from Nigel [nigel**@**.com]

i think the price is about 6000-7000 for the cone.

bdw so u r getting a CAI done by porky eh? <_<

Edited by Pericles

call 0112-***-*** for motorcade

or u can get it from Nigel [nigel**@**.com]

i think the price is about 6000-7000 for the cone.

bdw so u r getting a CAI done by porky eh? <_<

How many times do I need to tell ppl not to post other ppls email addys in the Forums?

Nigel is on the member list. Check his profile, if he wants his email published he will have it there.

Edited by Pericles

Guys, is there an agent for K&N in SL?

otherwise, where can you purchase K&N filters?

ya there's an official importer - his name is Thanuja - Hedda enterprises or something to that effect

email me n i'll send the number , no ones supposed to give out numbers on the forum i believe

ya there's an official importer - his name is Thanuja - Hedda enterprises or something to that effect

email me n i'll send the number , no ones supposed to give out numbers on the forum i believe

What dose this K&* filter do better than the rest????

Long lasting, better air flow, probably bout 2-5 bhp increase, improves fuel efficiency, adds a cool smooth beat...

though the positives would be better noticed only when the filter installation is done as par recommended instructions.. if in case the air filter is more prone to hot air in comparison to the stock filter, there COULD be some drawbacks too.. proper installation always have positive benefits though..

Zz

if your gonna throw in a K&N then make sure its é box type which is specif to your model/make/enigne..

cone intakes look dandy BUT be warned if its used on something with twitchy electronics prepare for Air Sensor faliure

also if there is a massive increase of air - which shouldnt be é case with a aftermarket specied Box filter - é sensors give a wrong read out to ur ECU which in turn runs a richer mixture etc n starts playing sox so be weay of getting those cone thingys jus for cosmetic effect....

if your gonna throw in a K&N then make sure its é box type which is specif to your model/make/enigne..

cone intakes look dandy BUT be warned if its used on something with twitchy electronics prepare for Air Sensor faliure

also if there is a massive increase of air - which shouldnt be é case with a aftermarket specied Box filter - é sensors give a wrong read out to ur ECU which in turn runs a richer mixture etc n starts playing sox so be weay of getting those cone thingys jus for cosmetic effect....

wot wud be the sign of "Air Sensor faliure"?

The cone filter has nothin to do wit da sensor bro.. its just attached to the pipe leading to it so if there would be any failure it would be directly as a result of the sensor itself and not the cone.. as pila said... fuel consumption would be drop like crazy..

plus getting a specialized box done would be at times troublesome but rest assured ya might get a bit more hp who knws.. if the thing could be heat wrapped.. then it would double the efficiency..

Zz

hey isuru..... :lol: Noandy.... Noandy.... :blink:

y ru puting others mail addys... in the Forums...

Praveen says:- "Nigel is on the member list. Check his profile, if he wants his email published he will have it there." kindi Bolea....

heheh lols

hey isuru im jst joking ok............

How many times do I need to tell ppl not to post other ppls email addys in the Forums?

Nigel is on the member list. Check his profile, if he wants his email published he will have it there.

hey isuru..... :lol: Noandy.... Noandy.... :blink:

y ru puting others mail addys... in the Forums...

Praveen says:- "Nigel is on the member list. Check his profile, if he wants his email published he will have it there." kindi Bolea....

heheh lols

hey isuru im jst joking ok............

oi grow up machan! ;) ur quoting a post from 3 months ago!!!!

@Isuru - in additon sensor failiure would cause an irratic idle in some cases in additon to what pilla said

@next gen - good idea with é wrap bro - keeps é air cool... -or just get a shield like u get on some Civics & té Evo6.5TME (isuru - try get it in Carbon Fibre bro :) )

but i think u poddak misunderstood me - é sensor reads é volume of Air which flows THROUGH that PIPE

so if é volume changes excessilve and exceeds the parameteres orginally programmed for the Sensor to monitor THAT could cause failiure

é reason being that SOME cone types are made for multiple applications - and if an cone intake made for high flow fora lager engine car MAY damadge é sensor on a smaller eninge whihc requires lesser volume of air inducted@a given rate..

é BOX type comes orginally from K&N tailor made for Each type of engine and fits the same way a normal filter element fits - INTO é EXISTING orginal pastic casing on é car (no custon making nonesense bro)

hmm... i thought the ECU was programmed to perform the required calculations based from the sensors around and in the car.. if an excess air flow would occur the sensor would send the signal and the ECU would most probably work at default values unless and otherwise the ECU is modded.. i doubt whether there would be any damage as in the case of high flow systems, most ppl have been using the default sensor.. have there been cases of the air sensor failing due to more airflow dude?

nevertheless.. it is cheaper to get more air into the engine than less.. less air would mean more unburnt fuel and low fuel efficiency.. more air would be the opposite (most of the times)..

am bloody hel trying to find a freakin mcfoil sheet to somehow divide the engine from the air filter.. as i mentioned in an earlier post in a dif post me think.. there are aftermarket stuff which would assist in somewhat creating a heat boundary around the air filter.. doubt its effectivness though..

Zz

hmm... i thought the ECU was programmed to perform the required calculations based from the sensors around and in the car.. if an excess air flow would occur the sensor would send the signal and the ECU would most probably work at default values unless and otherwise the ECU is modded.. i doubt whether there would be any damage as in the case of high flow systems, most ppl have been using the default sensor.. have there been cases of the air sensor failing due to more airflow dude?

nevertheless.. it is cheaper to get more air into the engine than less.. less air would mean more unburnt fuel and low fuel efficiency.. more air would be the opposite (most of the times)..

am bloody hel trying to find a freakin mcfoil sheet to somehow divide the engine from the air filter.. as i mentioned in an earlier post in a dif post me think.. there are aftermarket stuff which would assist in somewhat creating a heat boundary around the air filter.. doubt its effectivness though..

Zz

i recall seeing such an apparatus @ M*t*r W*rld in Dehiwala.....

I went to M'cade with the intention of buying a K&N filter (corn type), but they were out of stock :(

Anyway, they had one variety which goes into the standard Air Filter Box. When I queried about the difference the they said that both are same, but only the corn type will give the smooth beat <_<

Anyway, didn't buy it, yet. I guess there should be a difference in the two. Do you guys have any idea?

I went to M'cade with the intention of buying a K&N filter (corn type), but they were out of stock :(

Anyway, they had one variety which goes into the standard Air Filter Box. When I queried about the difference the they said that both are same, but only the corn type will give the smooth beat <_<

Anyway, didn't buy it, yet. I guess there should be a difference in the two. Do you guys have any idea?

dotn worry sooner another shop will open and u can buy both K&N & Apexi Power Intakes form that shop

What dose this K&* filter do better than the rest????

Im a happy owner of a K&N filter thanks to expert advice of Porkster. For me better fuel savings, increased BHP. And i think everyone should try it out. Its long lasting too

IPB Image

Zz

Machang do you know if after the header convo the ECU needs to be programed again?

No I got a far better deal on dial up ;)

TiC recommends remapping after every additional Mod... and resetting the stock ECU is a good thing to do in this case. IMHO

but dialup is so painfully slow :blink:

resetting as in disconnecting the battery for a while? approx charge for remapping dude? plus there would not be any negative drawbacks if the mods were installed (exhaust manifold) and the ecu not reprogrammed yeah?

Zz

Did I scare you :)

As in reset the ECU.. There is a full thread that discussed this. but yeah disconnecting the - terminal is the start. (for you but not me)

What goes on in the TiC camp stays in the TiC camp.

CDMA dial-up... Work connection is always available for anything extensive

Edited by Pilawoos

the Cone type is for general use accross particular capacity engines -it is NOT manufacture or model specific , unlike the box types

i'll email the K&N agents contacts to you - he may have in stock...