• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

K&n Filters

Saturn

Question

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Did I scare you :)

As in reset the ECU.. There is a full thread that discussed this. but yeah disconnecting the - terminal is the start. (for you but not me)

What goes on in the TiC camp stays in the TiC camp.

CDMA dial-up... Work connection is always available for anything extensive

very OT - but has anyone head about some supposed low rate Rs.1000 package on SLT ADSL - higher download speed - but limited to 1GB per month and a fee levied for any downloads exceeding that limit...

Spare a thought for the dial up users please when posting pics.. Besides an LEV D15 with a CAI is no BIG deal 'ya know ;)

It wont do any bad to reset the ECU.. but your Guru knows best :)

Sorry for the big pic machang,

Will see more on the ECU and thank you for the advice on above too

Im a happy owner of a K&N filter thanks to expert advice of Porkster. For me better fuel savings, increased BHP. And i think everyone should try it out. Its long lasting too

IPB Image

Machang do you know if after the header convo the ECU needs to be programed again?

nice head lamps looks like OEM Projections...am i correct

very OT - but has anyone head about some supposed low rate Rs.1000 package on SLT ADSL - higher download speed - but limited to 1GB per month and a fee levied for any downloads exceeding that limit...

worthless.. they are trying to market and earn from the package based on the fact that via ADSL ya ll easily jump 1GB before ya knw.. in ma case.. its 1 GB in approx 1 day.. dnt go for it dude.. very uneconomical.. da home express package is far more betetr..

@ pila - got me thinking as I have been a dial up user and since i switched to broadband.. i cant stand it if a page or download takes a while lol..

Zz

worthless.. they are trying to market and earn from the package based on the fact that via ADSL ya ll easily jump 1GB before ya knw.. in ma case.. its 1 GB in approx 1 day.. dnt go for it dude.. very uneconomical.. da home express package is far more betetr..

@ pila - got me thinking as I have been a dial up user and since i switched to broadband.. i cant stand it if a page or download takes a while lol..

Zz

For me i need atlest 5GB per day

IPB Image

146 Hrs 23.6 Downloads :lol: Aevrage 9GB per day

@ hola - anybody for newdale's new milky "rice"? ;) lol..

he he he hi-larious :lol:

juz hidding Holz - nice tasteful mod's u run brother

(i'll text u l8r - didn't c the text till mornin - my apologies)

no me not considering - but its good for users who just browse the next & don't use torrents etc to download - when on a bokken downloading spree even i'd top a Gig or more in a day :D

(i'll text u l8r - didn't c the text till mornin - my apologies)

no me not considering - but its good for users who just browse the next & don't use torrents etc to download - when on a bokken downloading spree even i'd top a Gig or more in a day :D

:D

@ DevZ - first get a new machine n den a darn ADSL connection.. with the laptop which fries your thighs i doubt whether it ll interest you in going hi-tech ;)

Just a question for you experts.. how would the cone filter be included in a car if it is turboed? would it require the cone filter to be right after the turbocharger or before?

@ Fuzzo - the mail is dropped...

Zz

Edited by neXGen

:D

@ DevZ - first get a new machine n den a darn ADSL connection.. with the laptop which fries your thighs i doubt whether it ll interest you in going hi-tech ;)

Just a question for you experts.. how would the cone filter be included in a car if it is turboed? would it require the cone filter to be right after the turbocharger or before?

i now work with an energizer pocket fan in one hand and props keeping the laptop off the table - ram cover , battery and all removable panels on the underside have been taken off - it has improved a bit but freezes at least once :(

as for the Intake - it shouldn't really matter né given that its connected to the exhuast manifold

as long as the intake can be places lightly deeper into the engine bay were air flow is good, all should be ok

i don't think it has any bearing on accord of he fact that the cone will be fitted to the pipe extending from the Intake manifold...

Heres a Left-field question (could be considered insane).....

@ Devinda.. ado been thinking, do you think we could drop a K&N into the you-know-what??

serious question mate..... so can the sarcasm and answer...

Edited by Supra_Natural

would this helpful party do custom headlamps by any chance ;) cuz this party is interested in somehow getting a projector type headlamp for an ol sprinter :)

@ hola - anybody for newdale's new milky "rice"? ;) lol..

Zz

:angry-smiley-024: can you stop that? and why do u want projectors since u spend every cent on preformance blah blah

(

Thanks, now can you adress NeXgen on this too?

:angry-smiley-024: can you stop that? and why do u want projectors since u spend every cent on preformance blah blah

Thanks, now can you adress NeXgen on this too?

just finding options so that i could install "after" i finish off most of the performance modz ;) jkz...

@ DevZ - nah.. what i meant is that even the air intake by the turbo need to be filtered yeah? basically the exhaust pumps the turbine to higher rpms so that there would be more air suctions.. would the K&N be used as the air filter in this case for the turbo? how?

Zz

@ DevZ - nah.. what i meant is that even the air intake by the turbo need to be filtered yeah? basically the exhaust pumps the turbine to higher rpms so that there would be more air suctions.. would the K&N be used as the air filter in this case for the turbo? how?

the air inlet on a trubo charger does't use a seperate filter as far as i know machan

IPB Image

Edited by Devinda_Z

the air inlet on a trubo charger does't use a seperate filter as far as i know machan

IPB Image

Just did some research and yes there could be (recommended) air filters attached in front of the housing of the turbo... they say that leaving it open would/might destroy the compressor due to incoming debris and dirt.. depending on the size of the inlet the air filter needs to be attached.. but i have never seen a airfilter in a turboed vehicle.. thats the bloody prob..

Zz

i now work with an energizer pocket fan in one hand and props keeping the laptop off the table - ram cover , battery and all removable panels on the underside have been taken off - it has improved a bit but freezes at least once :(

Dude, just sell it and get a desktop. Whats the use of a lap top if u don't have mobility and u need to jury rig fans and props just to use it?

Heres a Left-field question (could be considered insane).....

@ Devinda.. ado been thinking, do you think we could drop a K&N into the you-know-what??

serious question mate..... so can the sarcasm and answer...

This aint a private conversation channel dude. No use talking of u-know-whats on a public forum. Just drop him an email or summin.

Just did some research and yes there could be (recommended) air filters attached in front of the housing of the turbo... they say that leaving it open would/might destroy the compressor due to incoming debris and dirt.. depending on the size of the inlet the air filter needs to be attached.. but i have never seen a airfilter in a turboed vehicle.. thats the bloody prob..

Zz

just a question, why do people recomend the K&N with the stainless steel cap on the top?

just a question, why do people recomend the K&N with the stainless steel cap on the top?

supposed to deflect the heat.. depends on the type of application though.. in ma case it is kinda pointless as the engine heat comes from the right side towards the sides of the filter but there are cases where the air filter has its front turned towards the engine..

basically to refract the heat a bit dude :)

Zz

just finding options so that i could install "after" i finish off most of the performance modz ;) jkz...

Zz

For turbo cars K&N and Apexi Power intake filters are useless, Best filtes is the HKS filter bt some ppl say its bad for day today use and some major star Sril Lankan racers and our Drag boys use HKS filter Eg DD'

I personally think Apexi & K&N filters perform same for NA cars bt the Apexi looks gud and has a gud reputaion and looks gud

Anyway Cone filters , Iri Plugs, Ground Wires, Fake Exhaust tips are the most comon mods in sl bt no one like to change the fuel pump, Exhaust Manifold, Injectors, Semi Racing cluch

I chips boys are doing a great jobs with their fuel maps, and i dnt think they dnt bother abt those sri lanka common mods bt their cars fly

supposed to deflect the heat.. depends on the type of application though.. in ma case it is kinda pointless as the engine heat comes from the right side towards the sides of the filter but there are cases where the air filter has its front turned towards the engine..

basically to refract the heat a bit dude :)

Zz

Since we are under the topic K&N filter. Nexgen, did you condtion your filter after you bought it?

For turbo cars K&N and Apexi Power intake filters are useless, Best filtes is the HKS filter bt some ppl say its bad for day today use and some major star Sril Lankan racers and our Drag boys use HKS filter Eg DD'

I personally think Apexi & K&N filters perform same for NA cars bt the Apexi looks gud and has a gud reputaion and looks gud

Anyway Cone filters , Iri Plugs, Ground Wires, Fake Exhaust tips are the most comon mods in sl bt no one like to change the fuel pump, Exhaust Manifold, Injectors, Semi Racing cluch

I chips boys are doing a great jobs with their fuel maps, and i dnt think they dnt bother abt those sri lanka common mods bt their cars fly

financial situation dude.. all the people ve not got the money to spend on better performance at the risk of reducing fuel efficiency..

would you explain what the mod is for the fuel pump dude? havent heard of it...

@ hola - yeah matcho.. did recharge by purchasing the refill kit.. works like brand new..

Zz

financial situation dude.. all the people ve not got the money to spend on better performance at the risk of reducing fuel efficiency..

@ hola - yeah matcho.. did recharge by purchasing the refill kit.. works like brand new..

Zz

bro,

please tell me how much and when and how you did it will ya?

Zz

search abt walbro fuel pums ull see, and if u ask the tic boys abt the fuel economy ull be amazed