• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

K&n Filters

Saturn

Question

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Best filtes is the HKS filter bt some ppl say its bad for day today use and some major star Sril Lankan racers and our Drag boys use HKS filter Eg DD'

HKS intakes may perform well in the short run and maybe well suited for a weekend runner racer

IPB Image

but for day to day use it is NOT advised - reson being that the green soft sponge like filter doesn't agree with the lankan climate - all the dust and sand around collect in the filter element :( and this is not in the normal black residue kinda way - but it begins to look and feel as though its been dragged along on the beach given that high particle/grain content :(

IPB Image

its good but just isnt worth the effort to keep replacing it at such short intervals :(

The refill kit for the K&N cone filter comes to about 1900-2000 bucks and could be bought is most motor**de related places..

@ DevZ - told you there should be an airfilter ;) lol.. but even I have heard (especially the pics you have shown) that those type of filters are very very short lived in comparison to the cone filter..

Why would K&N be useless for such a purpose? basically the turbo would cause a huge suction for air and the filter would work overtime pulling air into the pipe while cleaning it.. and mind you K&N is one of the world's MOST reputed airfilter company.. disputing their reliability would be like tellin millions of car fanatics that their investment is worthless..

I would agree if it were that the typical size of the cone filter prevents it from being effectively used within confined spaces..

Zz

yeah NexGe - unless there's a truck load of space it just can't be slotted in - pnly option then would be to use a short ram set up and shove the cone all the way down more vertical than the ususal horizontal...but water splashing onto the filter as a result of this set up and the result of water ingress won't be pretty :mellow:

but as for this turbo filter fittment - i can agree with your logic - however i've never seen such an application.... :unsure:

@GIhan - machan is it AEM your thinking of or SARD ?

Filtering the air is something which deserves much thought nah? especially in scenarios where engines are practically made to run at their limits.. dirt could play a very disastrous factor dude.. same here.. never seen an application as such.. but I would think it to be quite a necessity...

@ Hola - sorry for not answering your question earlier.. the clean it basically you have to remove the cone filter and then tap it so as to dislodge the dirt a bit.. after the tapping you will have to use the cleaner spray which comes with the kit and spray liberally to all corners of the filter (filter element), wait for about 5-10 mins for it to soak the cleaner and then align the cone filter in such a way so that once you hold it under a tap the dirt should flow from the least dirtiest side to the dirtiest and then drop off.. the water pressure should be not powerful else it would do more damage than good..

If dirt still remains, then you would have to repeat the cleaner spraying and washing... afterwards let it dry for 6-8 hours (Depends on the environ), dnt force dry it using air cans or hot air etc... then apply liberally the oil from the oil bottle onto each pleat individually.. it has a red colouring dye which would point out the sections which you had applied too.. apply to the sections you have missed and voila, the cone filter is good as new.. install it once again to the cai and ya are good to go..

Zz

Filtering the air is something which deserves much thought nah? especially in scenarios where engines are practically made to run at their limits.. dirt could play a very disastrous factor dude.. same here.. never seen an application as such.. but I would think it to be quite a necessity...

@ Hola - sorry for not answering your question earlier.. the clean it basically you have to remove the cone filter and then tap it so as to dislodge the dirt a bit.. after the tapping you will have to use the cleaner spray which comes with the kit and spray liberally to all corners of the filter (filter element), wait for about 5-10 mins for it to soak the cleaner and then align the cone filter in such a way so that once you hold it under a tap the dirt should flow from the least dirtiest side to the dirtiest and then drop off.. the water pressure should be not powerful else it would do more damage than good..

If dirt still remains, then you would have to repeat the cleaner spraying and washing... afterwards let it dry for 6-8 hours (Depends on the environ), dnt force dry it using air cans or hot air etc... then apply liberally the oil from the oil bottle onto each pleat individually.. it has a red colouring dye which would point out the sections which you had applied too.. apply to the sections you have missed and voila, the cone filter is good as new.. install it once again to the cai and ya are good to go..

Zz

im always the lazy one, sooo much of work?man? if i come withe the cleaner kit can you do the cleaning for my car too?

im always the lazy one, sooo much of work?man? if i come withe the cleaner kit can you do the cleaning for my car too?

wel ya could have the easier option of going to the beach and soaking it and moving it around so as to dislodge the dirt and keeping it at your cars exhaust end and revving up so as to get the heat evaporate the water from the cone filter too :)

hehe.. it takez big time dude! would gladly do it if it were a scenario where ya have two cone filters so ya could switch to the other while the other one is to be cleaned.. ya ve gotta stay over here for a night in colombo if i were to get it done lolz.. drying it takes 6-7 hours odd nah?

it aint that hard men.. just get ya mind set and ya muscles moving.. its worth it :)

Zz

wel ya could have the easier option of going to the beach and soaking it and moving it around so as to dislodge the dirt and keeping it at your cars exhaust end and revving up so as to get the heat evaporate the water from the cone filter too :)

hehe.. it takez big time dude! would gladly do it if it were a scenario where ya have two cone filters so ya could switch to the other while the other one is to be cleaned.. ya ve gotta stay over here for a night in colombo if i were to get it done lolz.. drying it takes 6-7 hours odd nah?

it aint that hard men.. just get ya mind set and ya muscles moving.. its worth it :)

Zz

fine fine, but how about the one we fixed for the bleeder valve?

i am not sure bout the bleeder valve filter.. have seen it but i guess al K&N filter products would require some cleaning so i guess it would be mandatory.. drying takes up the longest time so be it the air filter or the bleeder air filter both would be similiar..

@ DevZ - it does give a kick if ya install one :)

Zz

very OT - but has anyone head about some supposed low rate Rs.1000 package on SLT ADSL - higher download speed - but limited to 1GB per month and a fee levied for any downloads exceeding that limit...

sorry all...mods....

yes i did hear abt this...but even wit da higher speed what sort of crap is that, remember da 1GB includes browsin....u would use that in a couple of days....512kbps unlimited package is da best dey have so far i think....