• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need A Performance Upgrade

kesh

Question

hi

I have a nissan primera PII 1.8L auto

i wanna do some performance upgrades for it like turbo etc..

but i dnt know a good place to do them.. :D

can anyone tell me whats the correct place to get them done.

and how much will it b.

:ban1:

thanks in advance.

17 answers to this question

hi

I have a nissan primera PII 1.8L auto

i wanna do some performance upgrades for it like turbo etc..

but i dnt know a good place to do them.. :)

can anyone tell me whats the correct place to get them done.

and how much will it b.

:ban1:

thanks in advance.

lol 'performance upgrades like a turbo' I've never heard someone being so vague and generic about changing their car's aspiration. :D A turbo is not the best way to go having an Auto(you may want to consider a manual covnersion) Also your engine is not strong enough to handle a turbo IMHO. Also to go turbo you will to get stuff like a turbo ready header, intercooler,remapped ecu. etc. All these things will add up to a cost well beyond 100k.

If your looking to start somewhere in improving your car's performance, I suggest you first go with a cold air intake, then the exhaust with a decent tail barrel and a mandrel bent system in a straight through config. with a less restrictive center barrel. Then look at getting a tune up done before moving on. Of course your autobox will not help and your engine as well is not the best way to go .. You can but these things at places like Moto*cade, Elcardo, Moto*world etc.

Since your new this site suggest you search the site for info. You would have found a link like this:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...&hl=Primera

Edited by Pilawoos

umm really then i would rather change the car than changing the engine and gearbox isnt it?

will changind the gear box and engine screw up the car??

and what do u suggest me to buy?

I need something fast :(

i was into bikes for long time and dunno much abt cars!! :D

umm really then i would rather change the car than changing the engine and gearbox isnt it?

will changind the gear box and engine screw up the car??

and what do u suggest me to buy?

I need something fast :(

i was into bikes for long time and dunno much abt cars!! :D

Yeah it maybe more worth while to change the car. Just look at a 2.0lt manual Primera Camino. You maybe able to get it for the same price or a little more than what you will get for the present car.

No as long as you do the engine swap at a knowledgeable place you will be ok. Of course you will need a decent engine :P anyway the swap should be straight fw. -if you get the engine with the full wire harness and ecu

We as in 'Mal-Key Rent A Car'. The car had been on a contract hire so it was properly maintained and in decent shape. The car also had a car phone....and some other extras.

If it had an English number, it would have gone for 1.4-1.5 mil. This being a 1999 model would have been G Reg if it was a recon. We had a valuation of 1.5Mil anyway as the condition was good.

Its mostly psychological. And there is a big differance between the numeral plates that were handed out 5 years ago (Usually manufactured by small operators) and the newer English Plates which arguable look better, are more uniform as are produced by a company.

The numeral plates give an OLD CAR feel I suppose.

The cost difference can be 30% or more just based on the plate.

We just sold a 1999 model Bnew (300-9xxxreg) Primera manual 2ltr with sunroof, rear spoiler etc and done around 150k for 1.1 million the day before.

R U sure the SR20DE came brand new i.e from the Agents? I always thought that that engine was not made for our market.

Its mostly psychological. And there is a big differance between the numeral plates that were handed out 5 years ago (Usually manufactured by small operators) and the newer English Plates which arguable look better, are more uniform as are produced by a company.

The numeral plates give an OLD CAR feel I suppose.

The cost difference can be 30% or more just based on the plate.

True dat. But with the older plates you have the option of altering the shape/size/color etc to match the car! :P

Yeah the local car market is runs on psychology. I know so many people who have gone for number plates rather than condition. You always get screwed in the long run.

Incidentally at some point I think even the older cars will get newer number plates, thats why plates started at G and not A, when that will happen i dont know.

To be honest i think the new number plate system is a bit of a scam, sure enough they look good, but what its done is its put a lot of people who used to make plates out of business and is earning access lots of money.

Even in the UK number plates are still made by independent suppliers who only need to register with the DVLA the equivelent of RMV in sri lanka and produced number plates within guidelines.

R U sure the SR20DE came brand new i.e from the Agents? I always thought that that engine was not made for our market.

True dat. But with the older plates you have the option of altering the shape/size/color etc to match the car! :P

Yeah the local car market is runs on psychology. I know so many people who have gone for number plates rather than condition. You always get screwed in the long run.

the entire fleet of pre-facelift 300- P11s (or at least most of them) were brand new... and they were mostly SR20DE's (infact i don't remember a single brand new 1.8L primera but i can't be entirely sure)... there was a handful of the facelifted P11 which were brought down brand new...

milindu was this primera you sold red?

i have the problem with this number plate issue... my car's 19-9XXX and on the border of 300- where most people would like it... and i get screwed cos of the number but little do they understand that the car's brand new and i KNOW the history of the car cos i'm in close touch with A*W...

Incidentally at some point I think even the older cars will get newer number plates, thats why plates started at G and not A, when that will happen i dont know.

To be honest i think the new number plate system is a bit of a scam, sure enough they look good, but what its done is its put a lot of people who used to make plates out of business and is earning access lots of money.

Even in the UK number plates are still made by independent suppliers who only need to register with the DVLA the equivelent of RMV in sri lanka and produced number plates within guidelines.

thats true but our dear beloved country being wut it is will take who knows how long before they get that all sorted n issue old cars new plates...

but they did issue the old DLP & Consular Coprs vehicles FZ numbers once they were decommisioned by the embassies...

but this adding a premium cuz of the number is just silly,but i'd have to agree with Milindu...the mark up coz of it is very high

some ignorant souls still ask abt a car in terms of the number as opposed to the year of manufacture!! :P

thats true but our dear beloved country being wut it is will take who knows how long before they get that all sorted n issue old cars new plates...

but they did issue the old DLP & Consular Coprs vehicles FZ numbers once they were decommisioned by the embassies...

but this adding a premium cuz of the number is just silly,but i'd have to agree with Milindu...the mark up coz of it is very high

some ignorant souls still ask abt a car in terms of the number as opposed to the year of manufacture!! :D

Oh yeah....

This Is especially silly when it comes to the sportscar market.....

a great car is a great car WHATEVER THE NUMBER!!!!!!! and it's also perfectly possible to have a 96 car on a J Plate!!!!

such is life

Edited by Supra_Natural