• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sedan Under 2.mil ??

Buddhika M H

Question

well we are looking for a family car, registered , normal condition car probably under 2million. (17~20)

good fuel consm. will be also a high priority.

well i think these are choices;

Nissan N16

Toyota Carina

1.are there any more to consider ??

2.whats the normal price range for these cars including above two,

Corolla N121 (older ones) , Toyota vios.

3. what is the honda(probably civic?), (model and year) that would be under 2mil?

so es3 is about 25+ at AL classif.

what is the best when mainly considering fuel efficiency ?

Thanks. highly regarded all your comments.

• Answers 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Bro PILA, (or any guys who knows about this) What are the differents in ES8 and ES1??

and what are those number actually says?(i mean ES -'1' '2' '3...'8' ') :?

and what specs are there to select (i mean; Vtec,LEV...) (i would probably buy the cheapest :D )

so is it a dream for me to buy a ES1 for Rs2.0mil? :lol:

Thanks.

Bro PILA, (or any guys who knows about this) What are the differents in ES8 and ES1??

and what are those number actually says?(i mean ES -'1' '2' '3...'8' ') :?

and what specs are there to select (i mean; Vtec,LEV...) (i would probably buy the cheapest :D )

so is it a dream for me to buy a ES1 for Rs2.0mil? :lol:

Thanks.

Had the same question, did this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic

came to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic#S....281996-2000.29

2.2 to 2.7 for normal Vti's based on registration and condition. RS's is close to 2.8ish.. really not worth it if you ask me..

no actually the ES RS will do a lot more than 8km a liter. I know a couple of owners who get a decent 10 off 'em at least.

who's cars were in this drag race?? what do you mean by 'EKT' :D

Oh my bad brother its EK3 :lol: anyway yes i agree with u hondas do more than 10 bt that car dosent and its a newly imported car so do u think something wrong with that car ? its a 1.5L vtec MT bt the fuel consumption is poor no mods

its a 1.5L vtec MT bt the fuel consumption is poor no mods

Well maybe its also slow :D get it checked dude.

Dude, civic owners ask for crazy prices for their cars coz they know they can get it. There are enough other crazy ppl out there to buy them.

Well what about them VzR owners? :lol::( J/k

How much will a unreg N16 cost?

Budhika do you like a N16

well i like how it looks. but i heard it got some engine problems and suspension sys problems. we have to ride on a bumpy road atleast once a week.

and its very bad on fuel too isnt it.

Well pila what are the ES1 and ES8 differences? :rolleyes:

and the prices of ES1 (/cheaper spec) (reg) in srilanka?

Well pila what are the ES1 and ES8 differences? :rolleyes:

1.7 Vti'/Vti-S is Es1

1.5 Vti/Exi is Es8

PILA sorry for disturb again, but i would like to know price range of ES1

(probably LX, as DX wouldnt atleast have power windows do they??)

LX and DX trims dont come to our market. Worry about Exi or VTi or RS and you will be ok. :alc:

And are Ford laser is very bad on fuel/unreliable (if not why they are cheap??)

Poor branding :ninja:

Poor branding :ninja:

its essentially the same as Mazda 323 ya the Lazer?

has anyone ever wondered why D*v*d P*r*s motor co. is leathargic when it comes to promting such a solid brand as Ford?!? :rolleyes:

the Modeo would have been brilliant to see on the roads & would have blown the MarkII's , Allions & even é now much accepted,yet very questionably built, Puegot 406! :D

if Ford were to even try to sell out here i'm sure we're start a few Focus RS's around@least! :alc:

the Modeo would have been brilliant to see on the roads & would have blown the MarkII's , Allions & even é now much accepted,yet very questionably built, Puegot 406! :rolleyes:

U mean "Mondeo"..... and my money will still be on my lovely Pug (erm its "peugeot" btw m8)..... :ninja:

and buddika machan, have you looked at a 406?? (yes yes, i'm being biased).... you can find one within your budget (there ARE a couple of 03/04 unreg'd cars @ the sales) I'd be the fist to admit it's NOT a car for everyone, but if you find a good one, and remember that it is NOT a jap car, it will amaze you...... and yes, it has it's faults, but most of these depend on the particular car.........

Edited by Supra_Natural

Ya, the price increases evrytime a well known Nissan car gets sold or is for sale for a high price. Yes Devinda, u influenced him too @ the get together! :D

lol :lol: i've actually have got to SELL it for that price to have twrown the market up!! :lol:

U mean "Mondeo"..... and my money will still be on my lovely Pug (erm its "peugeot" btw m8)..... ;)

and buddika machan, have you looked at a 406?? (yes yes, i'm being biased).... you can find one within your budget (there ARE a couple of 03/04 unreg'd cars @ the sales) I'd be the fist to admit it's NOT a car for everyone, but if you find a good one, and remember that it is NOT a jap car, it will amaze you...... and yes, it has it's faults, but most of these depend on the particular car.........

Buddika....if u want have lot of patience & lots of Super GLue to keep the interior together , go buy one of thses! :P

its a nice looking vehicle & is a great handling well balanced car for an FF but its have major reliabilty issues!!!

ask any Peugeot owner (pardon the previous typo) & he'll say its great...when its not falling apart...

its most certainly in your budget but wouldnt adive u to but it unless u have time to be bothred with little trivial repairs..

i say if u want something uncomplicated& hassle free- stick to Japanese

Edited by Devinda_Z

Buddika....if u want have lot of patience & lots of Super GLue to keep the interior together , go buy one of thses! :lol:

its a nice looking vehicle & is a great handling well balanced car for an FF but its have major reliabilty issues!!!

ask any Peugeot owner (pardon the previous typo) & he'll say its great...when its not falling apart...

its most certainly in your budget but wouldnt adive u to but it unless u have time to be bothred with little trivial repairs..

i say if u want something uncomplicated& hassle free- stick to Japanese

dude, the glue issue is unique to MY car..... because it was parked for 6 months in an impound yard (IN THE SUN)!!!!

like i said, it's deffa not a car for everybody, but it IS a cut above the jap norm..... and also, if he finds a low mile, well maintained examole (which mine most definitely is NOT), he should be fine.....

Cheers

Edited by Supra_Natural

then there is no point of thinking about ES8 no?(as its 2mil+ )

i like to stick with Japanese as they r reliable.

Anway that simples the story and the choices for me will be ;(reg, under 2.0mil)

1. Corona Premio AT211 (2000 -) 1.6L/ 1.5L petrol ( is any1 sure there is a 1.5L one? )

2. Honda Civic EK3 (personaly i dont like its looks, like little old :lol: )

3. Nissan Sunny N16 ( dont think this will fit)

i am very sad i could not add Carina to the equation as i said, :lol:

Anyway if going for Corona 1.6L whats the price range to look for ?

is there any problem specially on Corona (a sensor or other problem?)

and hows its fuel consumption ?

Thanks

Anway that simples the story and the choices for me will be ;(reg, under 2.0mil)

1. Corona Premio AT211 (2000 -) 1.6L/ 1.5L petrol ( is any1 sure there is a 1.5L one? )

Thanks

I was told The Premio comes 1.5/ 1.6/1.8 and 2.0. All the models do very well on fuel. English No cars in good condition should be 1.6-1.8M. Owners might ask more but its not easy to sell.

Why is the Carina off the list? Its the same as Corona in all aspects except the looks and yes the price.

We haven't had any major problems up to 200k mileage on the petrol versions - Carina/ Premio. Just standard wear and running repairs.

If you car looking at comfort (and space), reliability and economy the Premio or Carina are far ahead of the Honda or the N16.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you fare!

Thanks

I was told The Premio comes 1.5/ 1.6/1.8 and 2.0. All the models do very well on fuel. English No cars in good condition should be 1.6-1.8M. Owners might ask more but its not easy to sell.

Why is the Carina off the list? Its the same as Corona in all aspects except the looks and yes the price.

We haven't had any major problems up to 200k mileage on the petrol versions - Carina/ Premio. Just standard wear and running repairs.

If you car looking at comfort (and space), reliability and economy the Premio or Carina are far ahead of the Honda or the N16.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you fare!

Can I ask a question ?

a Quick look at the AL classifieds leads me to believe that the 2000+ model Lancers also fall very much within budget and 2 good examples on the AL classifieds itself. But nobody has reccomended the lancer.

I kind of find this supprising, as somebody who owns an old Mirage, because I personally think Mitsubishi's are quite good cars, though not exactly sure about the present generation of lancers, though I have heard of problems regarding the GDI engines used in some of these cars,

Regards,

The Don

dude, the glue issue is unique to MY car..... because it was parked for 6 months in an impound yard (IN THE SUN)!!!!

like i said, it's deffa not a car for everybody, but it IS a cut above the jap norm..... and also, if he finds a low mile, well maintained examole (which mine most definitely is NOT), he should be fine.....

Cheers

Hi Supra,

I think if you can find a Brand New version well maintained and in good condition would be quite a good buy.

The UK imports certainly have problems, possibly because a lot of them are accident damaged and have high milleages, and certainly not suited to our climate, though the brand new ones should fare much better, because you can check the history, and they were intended for the Sri Lankan market.

But certainly is a very good car, great handelling, pinafarina designed, bread and butter motoring has come a long way :)

The Don

Can I ask a question ?

a Quick look at the AL classifieds leads me to believe that the 2000+ model Lancers also fall very much within budget and 2 good examples on the AL classifieds itself. But nobody has reccomended the lancer.

A quick look at the 4th post in this thread :) No one seems like Mitsu's these days.. on the other hand you get quite a few 1.3 carb's for sale, going at a decent price.

Nothing against Carbs, but any 2000+ model carb car- just sucks.

well i like Mitsubishi brand, i thought not to add another car to equation.

And its looking small from outside.

BTW whats bad on Lancer(evo7 + looklike ) fuel ,reliability?

i didnt know still there were carb models !! (does 1.5 also comes as carb ??:) )

Carina is off because our family dont like it because of a crazy reason. :P

Is Carina"s And Corona's interiors are same??

Edited by Buddhika M H