• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Beat (any Reviews?)

Hola

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

then its probably a load of B_S sales talk - cuz why would a car in "excellent condition" be stripped for "Repairs" ??!!! :blink:

...good we didnt go in a rush n u didnt pick it up machan... we'lll wait it out and find a good specimen - no rush né :)

DevZ, this is said to be the exact car from a sinhala song clip. Not sure though

machan the one in the video is the one i told you i saw in narahenpita/nawala - it was out in the pouring rain with a ripped up looking hood near the railway crossing down Kirimandala Mw :(

• 1 year later...
It reappeared in the H*t Ad 2/3 weeks ago with an asking price of a far more realistic Rs. 875,000 if i remember right...

yeah it's for 8/50

do u think its worth it? no other details given tho... given that some say no spares available?

• 5 years later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

Recently I saw a Honda beat parked at Dilmah tea factory on the way from Nuwara Eliya to home and my wife fell in love with it from the first sight of it. However, that car has not been registered.

Then I did some research about the car and found out that it has the same engine of Honda Acty van (E07A) manufactured up to 1999. The new Acty van comes with E07Z engine. So I am wondering whether it would be possible to replace the riced up and abused E07A engine of Honda Beat by a E07Z engine without much of a hazzle and restore a Beat and gift it to my wife.

Does anybody aware of these engines or owns a Honda Acty? Will the engine mounts will be same?

Basically it would be enough to do a complete Engine overhaul and replace the parts. But I'm just asking to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Has anybody ordered a used engine from Japan? considering the small capacity (650 cc) does anyone know a rough price of an E07Z engine to be ordered from Japan for the replacement? And again, sorry for two much questions.

Edited by Amila_Silva

AFAIK Honda Beat is a niche car even in Japan,still goes for around 1.5~2 million LKR like the Suzuki Capuccino.

so I am not very optimistic that you will find a used engine easily.

Those who have them In Japan hold onto them like treasures,I heard.

So your parts supplier will be limited to the dealers.

Edited by RViji

AFAIK Honda Beat is a niche car even in Japan,still goes for around 1.5~2 million LKR like the Suzuki Capuccino.

so I am not very optimistic that you will find a used engine easily.

Those who have them In Japan hold onto them like treasures,I heard.

So your parts supplier will be limited to the dealers.

Thanks for the reply RViji

What you said is true.

I meant the E07Z used engine of Acty van (and updated the post)

Edited by Amila_Silva

• 2 weeks later...

just my opinion is that even if you succeed in putting an Acty van Engine and ECU inside the Beat,it will drive like an Acty van,not like a Beat.Because the new ECU Data is programmed for the Acty Van.

But you can still try the Beat ECU with the new Engine,if connectors are same,but at your own risk.

just my opinion is that even if you succeed in putting an Acty van Engine and ECU inside the Beat,it will drive like an Acty van,not like a Beat.Because the new ECU Data is programmed for the Acty Van.

But you can still try the Beat ECU with the new Engine,if connectors are same,but at your own risk.

Honda Beat came with an Acty van engine - E07A. So it has already run as an acty van. :) My goal is to put the new Acty van Engine - E07Z which comes with acty vans from 1999 to present. So it will run as a new Acty van and would be easier to source parts since the engine is still in production.

One another note....

Honda Beat is not a Sports car. Its a Sporty looking roadster which is very much light in weight and because of that it is capable of handling itself like a sport car in the traffic in a country like Sri Lanka. Its top speed is 140 kmph which is the same as for any buddy vans / cars like Mitsubishi Mini Cab, Suzuki Every, Daihatsu Hijet, Pajero Mini, Honda Acty, ...etc which consists a 650cc engine.

Honda Beat came with an Acty van engine - E07A. So it has already run as an acty van. :) My goal is to put the new Acty van Engine - E07Z which comes with acty vans from 1999 to present. So it will run as a new Acty van and would be easier to source parts since the engine is still in production.

One another note....

Honda Beat is not a Sports car. Its a Sporty looking roadster which is very much light in weight and because of that it is capable of handling itself like a sport car in the traffic in a country like Sri Lanka. Its top speed is 140 kmph which is the same as for any buddy vans / cars like Mitsubishi Mini Cab, Suzuki Every, Daihatsu Hijet, Pajero Mini, Honda Acty, ...etc which consists a 650cc engine.

my point was,Beat may have come with an Actyvan Engine,but not the Actyvan Engine Software.

Automakers share the same Engine/Hardware for saving costs,and change only the Software for different models intended for either Fun or Economical driving.

In the 90's they still used external FLASH ICs in the ECU to store the Engine software,so probably removing the old Flash and resoldering into the new ECU will work.(at least they do it here for Audi,MBs from 90's)

Now its more complicated,because they use the emulated Memory inside the Microprocessor itself,so you have to replace the Microprocessor which is almost impossible.

And If you use a newer Actyvan Engine then the chances are that the old Beat ECU may not fit to the harness connector.

It seems the Beat Engine has a throttle valve for each cylinder,I wonder if the 650CC mini-cargo-van also would have this.So I am skeptical about your comment that its the "same" engine.

But its possible that you will be lucky to have everything fit in well,so its totally upto you to try.

Edited by RViji

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

Recently I saw a Honda beat parked at Dilmah tea factory on the way from Nuwara Eliya to home and my wife fell in love with it from the first sight of it. However, that car has not been registered.

Then I did some research about the car and found out that it has the same engine of Honda Acty van (E07A) manufactured up to 1999. The new Acty van comes with E07Z engine. So I am wondering whether it would be possible to replace the riced up and abused E07A engine of Honda Beat by a E07Z engine without much of a hazzle and restore a Beat and gift it to my wife.

Does anybody aware of these engines or owns a Honda Acty? Will the engine mounts will be same?

Basically it would be enough to do a complete Engine overhaul and replace the parts. But I'm just asking to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Has anybody ordered a used engine from Japan? considering the small capacity (650 cc) does anyone know a rough price of an E07Z engine to be ordered from Japan for the replacement? And again, sorry for two much questions.

Amila_Silva, you have the right idea. Keeping the wife happy is always the best way to keep your ear from exploding :)

But I'm more concerned about the fact the car has not been registered. You need to be careful as you don't know how it was imported into the country. Many vehicles were imported inside containers and now run on registrations belonging to other vehicles. So best check that out fully before putting any effort into anything else.

Amila_Silva, you have the right idea. Keeping the wife happy is always the best way to keep your ear from exploding :)

But I'm more concerned about the fact the car has not been registered. You need to be careful as you don't know how it was imported into the country. Many vehicles were imported inside containers and now run on registrations belonging to other vehicles. So best check that out fully before putting any effort into anything else.

I wonder if this is the same car thats sitting at a car sale on Vijerama Mawatha in Colombo 07.... :huh:

my point was,Beat may have come with an Actyvan Engine,but not the Actyvan Engine Software.

Automakers share the same Engine/Hardware for saving costs,and change only the Software for different models intended for either Fun or Economical driving.

In the 90's they still used external FLASH ICs in the ECU to store the Engine software,so probably removing the old Flash and resoldering into the new ECU will work.(at least they do it here for Audi,MBs from 90's)

Now its more complicated,because they use the emulated Memory inside the Microprocessor itself,so you have to replace the Microprocessor which is almost impossible.

And If you use a newer Actyvan Engine then the chances are that the old Beat ECU may not fit to the harness connector.

It seems the Beat Engine has a throttle valve for each cylinder,I wonder if the 650CC mini-cargo-van also would have this.So I am skeptical about your comment that its the "same" engine.

But its possible that you will be lucky to have everything fit in well,so its totally upto you to try.

RViji,

Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at it.

Very true mate :)

Too bad that it was not registered. However that car looks awesome. Its a yellow colored car in its original condition. No stupid modifications done and it even had zebra seats and zebra carpets.

Very true mate :)

Too bad that it was not registered. However that car looks awesome. Its a yellow colored car in its original condition. No stupid modifications done and it even had zebra seats and zebra carpets.

It could be legit. There is no time limit on when a car needs to be registered after custom duties have been paid, but some cars were bought in for racing only at lower prices, so you need to ensure the car was legitimately imported and can be legitimately registered.

• 2 years later...