• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Assistance Needed

NASCAR

Question

Dear colleagues,

i have decided to buy a car that will suit my requirements and my budget is around 2.5 to 3 million.

my preference is,

Nissan Cefiro model year 2000 - 2002

Toyota IST model year 2000 - 2002

toyota Allion model - year 2000 -2002

can anyone advice me on the local market price, i have got a quotations for two cars. Nissan cefiro unregisterd 2002 for 3.1 million and a nissan primera 2002 for 4.2 million from A*W mortors. and nissan super saloon 2002 for 2.3 million unregisters( can anyone comment on this car).

tell me if these quotations are reasonable.

thank you.

Roshan

for cefiros, check out indra traders. he had a huge lotof unreg. cefiro's and they were asking 2.5 mil for it. i last checked about 6 months ago.

tnx fuzzo,

i had spoken to someone from indra traders few weeks ago. n they promised me 3.2 million for a Cefiro 2003, let me reconfirm with them on monday.

do u hav any past experience on Toyota Allion & IST. there is an allion year 2003 for 3 million. and a toyota 121 for 1.7 year 2003. which one do u recommend.

whats the market price for Toyota IST since am more concern on this car..!!

107477f.JPG

Hey Nascar,

Let there be no mistake about it bro GO FOR THE CEFIRO, the Allion that is available for 3.1-3.2 range is the 1.5L DOHC VVT-i if i am not mistaken... fine engine but bit underpowered for the car.

There is absulutely nothing wrong with the allion but the point is Cefiro is a class ahead altogether and it's V6 engine is an award winning engine.

I am a big lover of the Allion but you must remeber that it is the sucesssor to Toyota carina thus a class behind the good old cefiro.

Hey Nascar,

Let there be no mistake about it bro GO FOR THE CEFIRO, the Allion that is available for 3.1-3.2 range is the 1.5L DOHC VVT-i if i am not mistaken... fine engine but bit underpowered for the car.

There is absulutely nothing wrong with the allion but the point is Cefiro is a class ahead altogether and it's V6 engine is an award winning engine.

I am a big lover of the Allion but you must remeber that it is the sucesssor to Toyota carina thus a class behind the good old cefiro.

tnx isurujosh,

yeah, am considering to go ahead with a cefiro or a Allion. both are on the same price range. am waiting to call and see if indra traders( as per fuzzo) can offer me a good deal coz i would love to stick to my budget since am buying it for my mum.

i dont mind even going for a registerd 2003 cefiro or a Allion. money matters .!!! isnt it ;) am still waiting to see empiriciats from other colleagues too

tnx Isuru

see if indra will give you the car at 2.5 mil. they had "old" stock when icalled them.

your best bet is to go for a registered cefiro. there are quite a few of them forsale. check the papers. you should be able to pick one up for a little over 2 mil.

if your mom is not particular about options such as leather, then get a japanese import, the singapore imports have higher options but they have a dashboard cracking problem

see if indra will give you the car at 2.5 mil. they had "old" stock when icalled them.

your best bet is to go for a registered cefiro. there are quite a few of them forsale. check the papers. you should be able to pick one up for a little over 2 mil.

if your mom is not particular about options such as leather, then get a japanese import, the singapore imports have higher options but they have a dashboard cracking problem

ya i hope still they got the old stuff.. but "OLD".. ?? wat do u mean. wateva let me call'em on monday.

and mate am not in SL to search in news papers ttz the reason am lookng for experties comments to make sure that am making the right selection.

tnx mate.. will let u knw on monday..

ya i hope still they got the old stuff.. but "OLD".. ?? wat do u mean. wateva let me call'em on monday.

and mate am not in SL to search in news papers ttz the reason am lookng for experties comments to make sure that am making the right selection.

tnx mate.. will let u knw on monday..

Isurujosh & Fuzzo,

@ this moment i need ur expertise. i have spoken to few people regards to toyota Allion & Nissan Cefiro. i have recived a positive feedback. since then decided to go ahead n purchase the cefiro. but now am uncertain since the showroom owner have come up with a deal to me saying that toyota 121 is more demanded and better in performances specially in Sri lanka.its a toyota 2005 unregistered for 2.8 Million.

can someone tell me or post a picture of toyota 121 year 2005. i dnt have any clue abt this car..

i really appreciate if someone can advice me.

regards,

roshan

its the same car which comes in 2001 model. but the front/rear lights has a difference.

of course yes! 121 is a gud deal. if you can. go for that. it mite not be to compared with the cefiro in terms of comfort, but then for the value, fuel consuption, 2nd hand market, and engine realibility, parts, engine parts and ALL corolla has many positive marks over a cefiro.

Isurujosh & Fuzzo,

@ this moment i need ur expertise. i have spoken to few people regards to toyota Allion & Nissan Cefiro. i have recived a positive feedback. since then decided to go ahead n purchase the cefiro. but now am uncertain since the showroom owner have come up with a deal to me saying that toyota 121 is more demanded and better in performances specially in Sri lanka.its a toyota 2005 unregistered for 2.8 Million.

can someone tell me or post a picture of toyota 121 year 2005. i dnt have any clue abt this car..

i really appreciate if someone can advice me.

regards,

roshan

Check this link for detailed info on Corolla

Well Corolla 121 is one of the most popular cars in SL, just about anybody know the car and to my mind honestly is the "most practical" new car in SL... Following are some picz if u'd like...

post-1458-1136705947.jpg

post-1458-1136705968.jpg

post-1458-1136705984.jpg

Pros...

* Very Very Fuel Efficient

* Parts Plentiful

* Build quality

* Corolla is the world's most sold car even surpassing the ledgendary VW beetle

* And in your case a 2005 means you get almost a brand new car for 2.8 mn.

* Reasale value is naturally high, may be not as high as a civic.

Cons...

* Handles bad, especially in rain[explaians a lot why this babe is ranked as one of the least safe cars - check out the thread "Fastest American Cars" for more details.

* Boring appearance

* No way has better performance than Cefiro bro... may the owner was refering to to fuel eff as performance ;)

* And in your case this babe is a class below even the allion, so comfort, noice and stability is compromised.

My Advice to you:

Well the corolla comes in various trims, some trims even though it's 2005 model is not worth for 2.8 mn. So make sure you get the best trim for that money i.e the one equipped with automatic climate control, white background dash(see the picture i have posted).

If fuel efficiency, low maintenance is your concern go for it. But if you are concerned about Stature - image, performance, comfort then go for the cefiro w/out having to forego a lot in fuel efficiency and maintenance.

Check with Mannaperuma Traders in Bamba, they too had a 2005 Corolla[the best trim] for 2.8 mn. a couple of months back. BTW if you are seeking a corolla kinda car my bet is the civic ferio VTI would be a better option.

Good Luck... Choose wisely

its the same car which comes in 2001 model. but the front/rear lights has a difference.

of course yes! 121 is a gud deal. if you can. go for that. it mite not be to compared with the cefiro in terms of comfort, but then for the value, fuel consuption, 2nd hand market, and engine realibility, parts, engine parts and ALL corolla has many positive marks over a cefiro.

Hey Kim... Ceforo is no normal Nissan bro, check out sharkster if you aren't sure, fuel consuption & engine realibility is class leading for Cefiro.

BTW where the heck is sharkster in the midst of Cefiro talk

sorry dudes no laptop so away frm forums during weekends...

ok my two cents worth

one cannot compare a corolla n allion to a cefiro for the primary reason that both those cars r 1500cc 4 pot engines (though allions also come wit 1800cc motors) and the cefiro comes wit either 2000cc, 2500cc or 3000cc V6 engines (i will base my discussion on the most common which is the 2000cc V6)...these cars r of two totally different leagues

in my opinion n im sure all of u agree, performance is judgd by how quick ur car is...the A33 cefiro has 165bhp n almost 200Nm of torque to get this bit of bulk frm A to B pretty quick...but i repeat bulk...the car is quite long, wide n heavy n so fuel consumption wud roughly b abt 7km/l in the city with smooth driving n 95 octane juice (i get better fuel consumption out of my A32 cos its much lighter than the new one)...7km/l is actually very gud 4 a 2000cc V6 cos ive heard sum 2000cc 4 cylindrs do abt 5km/l in traffic...this is mainly due to the fact that the cefiro engines hav individual ignition coils for each cylinder n thus hav better spark firing capability (the details of which i shall not go into now) which obviusly leads to more fuel being burned per combustion stroke...

wit respect to parts, well i only use genuine nissan parts n most of my maintenance is done by the agents (A*W) which is a pretty expensiv affair but if u luv ur car u'd do d same...i dont knw if other ppl stock parts so i cant help u there...

on the plus side as isuru said, the VQ series of engines (note the 350Z uses a VQ engine too) have won awards in the past, and these engines are work horses...u can add on plenty of miles n not hav to do any major work...i knw sum1 in ireland getting 200,000kms (i kid u not) out of his 1996 cefiro which he uses as a taxi...no1's had to touch the engine yet

the handling is brilliant...i drive hard on smooth roads n i weave through roundabts witout a fuss...thanks to those huge 205/65/15 tyres the car hogs the tar (n anythng else on the road)...brakes r alrite as long as u use the genuine nissan brake pads

comfort n space is ofcourse plentiful

also a very slick car...lot more attractiv dan a corolla (god save toyota)

overall the car is very gud n very advanced but since this car is for ur mum u'd hav to think abt whether she'd b happy driving a big car thru shitty traffic n maintenance is high...ONE CANNOT USE 90 OCTANE ON THIS CAR COS IT IS SEVERLY DETRIMENTAL TO UR ENGINE...plus wud she really want all that power???

if the answer is YES to those questions then i say go for it...try to get a car for arnd 2.5mill n save d rest to do any work on the car cos SL goons hav not heard of regular maintenance...

sorry that was a lot more than 2 cents but i hope it helps...feel free to ask any specific questions abt d car...

Check this link for detailed info on Corolla

Well Corolla 121 is one of the most popular cars in SL, just about anybody know the car and to my mind honestly is the "most practical" new car in SL... Following are some picz if u'd like...

post-1458-1136705947.jpg

post-1458-1136705968.jpg

post-1458-1136705984.jpg

Pros...

* Very Very Fuel Efficient

* Parts Plentiful

* Build quality

* Corolla is the world's most sold car even surpassing the ledgendary VW beetle

* And in your case a 2005 means you get almost a brand new car for 2.8 mn.

* Reasale value is naturally high, may be not as high as a civic.

Cons...

* Handles bad, especially in rain[explaians a lot why this babe is ranked as one of the least safe cars - check out the thread "Fastest American Cars" for more details.

* Boring appearance

* No way has better performance than Cefiro bro... may the owner was refering to to fuel eff as performance ;)

* And in your case this babe is a class below even the allion, so comfort, noice and stability is compromised.

My Advice to you:

Well the corolla comes in various trims, some trims even though it's 2005 model is not worth for 2.8 mn. So make sure you get the best trim for that money i.e the one equipped with automatic climate control, white background dash(see the picture i have posted).

If fuel efficiency, low maintenance is your concern go for it. But if you are concerned about Stature - image, performance, comfort then go for the cefiro w/out having to forego a lot in fuel efficiency and maintenance.

Check with Mannaperuma Traders in Bamba, they too had a 2005 Corolla[the best trim] for 2.8 mn. a couple of months back. BTW if you are seeking a corolla kinda car my bet is the civic ferio VTI would be a better option.

Good Luck... Choose wisely

Hey Kim... Ceforo is no normal Nissan bro, check out sharkster if you aren't sure, fuel consuption & engine realibility is class leading for Cefiro.

BTW where the heck is sharkster in the midst of Cefiro talk

wow ..!! boy boy awesome...!! tnx for ur comments n advice( y dnt u do consulting boy). so bureaucratically what u intend to convince me saying is that corrolla 121 is a crap. aint u.. :( watsoeva....... my depiction is and most concern is safety n reliability of the car n me aint goin for da corolla.

since nw am persistent abt cefiro n Allion nw i dnt wanna be more complex on this. i dnt mind investing lilbit extra for safety. i almost brought da corroll 121 or da mark II.

let me knw if there is else that i hav to concern before finalize end of this week,

boy do i owe u for this... :P

jus a lil addition...check out reviews for the Nissan Maxima (its calld d Cefiro in Asia) in the US...plenty of justification for that car

Wow..nothing to do with your decision..but I had totally forgotten that the maxima and the cefiro are pretty much the same car. To be honest I think the current maxima looks way better than the cefiro that's out right now. And Nissan always brags about the 265hp engine on the maxima...is this the same one on the cefiro 3.0?

anyway..incase you wanted to check out reviews in america you might also want to read up on the Infiniti I30 (i think it was removed from their line up recently), which is the exact same car as the cefiro...plus a few bells and whistles I guess to account for the fact that its sold as an infiniti here.

jus a lil addition...check out reviews for the Nissan Maxima (its calld d Cefiro in Asia) in the US...plenty of justification for that car

sharkster,

tnx mate for ur comments. boy wat i thought was the cefiro 2004/ 2005 much smaller compared to the older models. is that right. correct me if am wrong.

from ur perspectives.. yes .. my mum would prefer a smaller car n it shouldnt be so sophisticated when it comes to maintaining and handling.

ok so it's the Maxima = cefiro. i didnt knw abt that before. ya but i dnt hav any experience driving that. so u say the price tag for cefiro 2002 should not exceed over 2.3millon and a registered one should be more less. found one cefiro in autolanka 2000 model but the askin tag was 2.6 million, dnt u think its bit high. if that the case i would go for a allion 2004 model for 3.2 million. but i could find a dealer for ur price tag.

boy am confused again since u said the car is kinda bigger,,!! pls suggest me another that will be ideal for driving in narrow roads as u said. Will Allion or mark II be alternative ?

pls note that am illiterate abt vehicles. let's make a deal, be my consultant n i'll consider abt ur laptop since u dnt have one. ;) hwz it....

Tnx

Wow..nothing to do with your decision..but I had totally forgotten that the maxima and the cefiro are pretty much the same car. To be honest I think the current maxima looks way better than the cefiro that's out right now. And Nissan always brags about the 265hp engine on the maxima...is this the same one on the cefiro 3.0?

anyway..incase you wanted to check out reviews in america you might also want to read up on the Infiniti I30 (i think it was removed from their line up recently), which is the exact same car as the cefiro...plus a few bells and whistles I guess to account for the fact that its sold as an infiniti here.

No the Cefiro 3.0 has about 220bhp i think...the 265bhp on the Maxima SE is from the 3.5 V6 used in the 350Z (detuned of course) and comes wit a 6 spd manual

And yes the car is also sold as the Infiniti I30 though these cars hav a lot more options dan u can dream of in SL...Note though that the US only use the 3litr VQ engines n beyond...u knw how d americans luv displacemnt

sharkster,

tnx mate for ur comments. boy wat i thought was the cefiro 2004/ 2005 much smaller compared to the older models. is that right. correct me if am wrong.

from ur perspectives.. yes .. my mum would prefer a smaller car n it shouldnt be so sophisticated when it comes to maintaining and handling.

ok so it's the Maxima = cefiro. i didnt knw abt that before. ya but i dnt hav any experience driving that. so u say the price tag for cefiro 2002 should not exceed over 2.3millon and a registered one should be more less. found one cefiro in autolanka 2000 model but the askin tag was 2.6 million, dnt u think its bit high. if that the case i would go for a allion 2004 model for 3.2 million. but i could find a dealer for ur price tag.

boy am confused again since u said the car is kinda bigger,,!! pls suggest me another that will be ideal for driving in narrow roads as u said. Will Allion or mark II be alternative ?

pls note that am illiterate abt vehicles. let's make a deal, be my consultant n i'll consider abt ur laptop since u dnt have one. ;) hwz it....

Tnx

haha thanx mate but my laptop is jus full of junk n dats y it dsnt start up...hav to clear it up wen i find sum time

well to be honest i hav no clue wat prices r for 2nd hand cefiro's but frm wat i hear they shudnt exceed 2.5mill but i may be wrng

the newer cefiro's r a tad bit shorter but they hav more options n r thus heavier...dnt get me wrng but a woman is a lot less confident wit a bigger car n dats y a cefiro mite b too much to handle...lets jus say its abt d size of a BMW 5 series...i'll leav dat 2 u to figure :( n if maintenance is too much den as reliable as dis car is recon cars cant b trustd...mine's brand new...

i guess d allion is small n decently gud lookin n has a nice interior...but i doubt ur mum wud really care much abt looks...

all-in-all i tried to look at dis frm a woman's point of view...i always endorse d cefiro cos for one thing u cant beat the sound of a V6 (except of course wit a V8 or V12) but in dis case it wudnt b practical for her...its like givin an impreza STi to a new driver on india roads...n i mean dat in d nicest possible way :P

Hey Nasacr,

Seems to me that the best choice for your mom is the Allion. I may have shed some light on the safety issues of the corolla... but those adverse aspects may cost you an accident if travelling at high speed especially in rain, besides the corolla may be one of the most reliable cars around other than this safety issue(which most people don't know anyway). So I am not trying to say the corolla is shitty, but in front of cefiro and allion and with a price tag of 3mn. it is...

Good Luck!

actually i think the IST is probably the best bet for you mom. that is if she wants a smaller car... that 's just my 2 cents.

Yah how about Peaugeot 206 BRAND NEW for a small car yah baby BRAND NEW!!! for that money... choices are endless, I guess Nascar is already in confused terriotory :-) :rolleyes: with so many choices.

machan best thing is to get your mom to try out all these cars.. and then get it for her

Fuzzo,

yea..!! ur rite... i have spoken to her n give 3 selections cefiro, allion and the Peaugeot 206 since it's kinda small car but anit sure abt the car .

well i'll let u know if i have any questions, tnx for all ur fellaz comments. it really helped me.

Yah how about Peaugeot 206 BRAND NEW for a small car yah baby BRAND NEW!!! for that money... choices are endless, I guess Nascar is already in confused terriotory :-) :rolleyes: with so many choices.

boy .. absolutely yea..

am kinda confused n so i left her to decide, but had few reviews abt the peaugeot 206 kinda sounds gud. still cefiro is mine first choice n then other.

tnx mate for all ur comments. i will consult u if i need any assistance.. :rolleyes:

boy .. absolutely yea..

am kinda confused n so i left her to decide, but had few reviews abt the peaugeot 206 kinda sounds gud. still cefiro is mine first choice n then other.

I'm not too sure about the 206, according to the 'top gear readers survey from last year, the worst cars to own are:

2005 Top Gear Survey - the Last 10

(Ranking: Make - Model)

150: Citroën Xsara

151: Peugeot 206

152: Renault Mégane (Nov '02 on)

153: Rover 25

154: Fiat Stilo

155: Mercedes M-Class

156: Renault Laguna

157: Renault Espace

158: Peugeot 307

these are worst in list of 158! http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/survey/last_10.shtml

It's always best to go in for the car in the highest grade ie the Cefiro.. if your getting it unreg. it unlikelly to give you any prob during its first few years of use- after that you can just sell it and let the next owner worry about the 'growing pains'!! :rolleyes:

I'm not too sure about the 206, according to the 'top gear readers survey from last year, the worst cars to own are:

2005 Top Gear Survey - the Last 10

(Ranking: Make - Model)

150: Citroën Xsara

151: Peugeot 206

152: Renault Mégane (Nov '02 on)

153: Rover 25

154: Fiat Stilo

155: Mercedes M-Class

156: Renault Laguna

157: Renault Espace

158: Peugeot 307

these are worst in list of 158! http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/survey/last_10.shtml

It's always best to go in for the car in the highest grade ie the Cefiro.. if your getting it unreg. it unlikelly to give you any prob during its first few years of use- after that you can just sell it and let the next owner worry about the 'growing pains'!! :lol:

mmm...!!

tnx for ur comments mate... ya i had reviewd the BBC site.. still the cefiro is the best choice isnt it ?