• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evo Vs Sti

fuzzo

evo or sti  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose

• EVO
    • STi

Im only in 9th grade :P joined last year.

damn another youngster. how on earth are you keeping your mouth shut. there's a bit of a disease going around among the teenagers in this forum they simply can't stop talking shit. guess you are properly vaccinated. keep it up

:D

i ve driven both cars ,from the first wrx to the sti 9 and evo 6/7. evo is much better in handling and it feels very responsive . basically anyone can get into the evo and drive fast.

impreza has lots more understeer but much more charisma than the evo and it takes a lot of learning to master the art of driving a wrx quick . but i d take the wrx any day over the evo specially with an open exhaust , got some pictures of the sti x will post it asap

i know ppl are going to eat me for saying this but in sri lanka STI IS WAY OVERATTED, everyone thinks stis are more cool cuz alot of ppl have them ,but seriously who ever is going to buy an car should test drive an evo ,sti are good for sri lanka cuz there comfortable compared to evos ,and the noise of the boxster engine other than that ,evos have way more advantages ,evos are faster in a straight line always when compared to stis ,even conering speeds are way higher than stis on tarmac , i haven driven both cars but when u get into an evo u can drive like mad right from the begining,but stis take time for the drivers to get use too,even in top gear jeremy clarkson prefers stis but when they compared evo 8 and sti 8 they said "the sti is a boys car while the evo is an mans car",,when they reviewed evo8,sti8,audi s4 ,they kept a drag between all three cars the evo beat both of them keeping a 4 car gap lead,the sti was tie with the audi ,this real info from an top gear episode, download it from the net ,its was a yellow evo 8 ,blue sti8 and red audi s4

i know ppl are going to eat me for saying this but in sri lanka STI IS WAY OVERATTED, everyone thinks stis are more cool cuz alot of ppl have them ,but seriously who ever is going to buy an car should test drive an evo ,sti are good for sri lanka cuz there comfortable compared to evos ,and the noise of the boxster engine other than that ,evos have way more advantages ,evos are faster in a straight line always when compared to stis ,even conering speeds are way higher than stis on tarmac , i haven driven both cars but when u get into an evo u can drive like mad right from the begining,but stis take time for the drivers to get use too,even in top gear jeremy clarkson prefers stis but when they compared evo 8 and sti 8 they said "the sti is a boys car while the evo is an mans car",,when they reviewed evo8,sti8,audi s4 ,they kept a drag between all three cars the evo beat both of them keeping a 4 car gap lead,the sti was tie with the audi ,this real info from an top gear episode, download it from the net ,its was a yellow evo 8 ,blue sti8 and red audi s4

yeah watched that video :)

this poll is all abt personal opinion...if ppl prefer the STi let them vote...kanishka i suggest u jus vote for ur preference n not try to stir shit up by dissin the STi...

yeah watched that video :)

see thats proof , anyways havent urll ever wondered why there are more evos on the track in sri lankan racing and only a few stis , everytime i hear abt the gt class or group A its always an evo that has won always an evo ,95% of the time it evos that have taken 1st 2nd and 3rd place maybe even 4th at one race in sri lanka ,thing in sri lanka is that a few ppl have stis and they tell there friends that it can thrash evos and its a better car and all stuff and all and ppl belive it cuz there friends told that thats why heh,,, they have no clue abt evos cuz no one talks abt evos ,some ppl i know they dream of getting an sti cuz they went in one and everyone says thats it cool but personally they are just dreaming for the second best ,if there were evos for sale in sri lanka like stis ppl will know the difference ,cuz there are a few evos ppl think stis are better, in sri lanka THERE ARE ONLY A FEW EVOS CUZ THERE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN STIS ,an sti 8 will be 6.5million while an evo 8 will be 7.5 to 8 million,if someone gave me an sti free ill take cuz its a good car i dont deny that but if i had the money i would always go for an evo always

this poll is all abt personal opinion...if ppl prefer the STi let them vote...kanishka i suggest u jus vote for ur preference n not try to stir shit up by dissin the STi...

its the truth i cant help it , u cant expect everyone to make blind decisions

its the truth i cant help it , u cant expect everyone to make blind decisions

i dnt c wat u gain out of blowin ur trumpet abt how great an evo is...i like the evo too...but sum ppl jus prefer the sti for overall appeal...not every1 buys a car jus cos they'r faster...i dont c y ur tryin to convince ppl to buy an evo...so i repeat stop stirrin shit up...if ppl were making blind decisions by overlooking the evo, the sti wudnt b in production now wudnt it? there r ways to voice ur opinion n this isnt it...

Edited by sharkster

i dnt c wat u gain out of blowin ur trumpet abt how great an evo is...i like the evo too...but sum ppl jus prefer the sti for overall appeal...not every1 buys a car jus cos they'r faster...i dont c y ur tryin to convince ppl to buy an evo...so i repeat stop stirrin shit up...if ppl were making blind decisions by overlooking the evo, the sti wudnt b in production now wudnt it? there r ways to voice ur opinion n this isnt it...

wats the overall appeal ,stis are smaller in size ,evos are better lookin ,evos have more leg room, there faster ,much more easier to maintain ,wats else do u want,by the way iam talking abt sri lanka not about mass scale production and commerce ,u can go to wycherley for that ,and its a free world i can voice my opinion in any way i want

evos are better lookin ,

well criteria like looks are a personal choice..like shak said, some people like the looks and sound of the evo...... plus you also mentioned that the evo's are costlier than sti's...so that could be a factor as well

wats the overall appeal ,stis are smaller in size ,evos are better lookin ,evos have more leg room, there faster ,much more easier to maintain ,wats else do u want,by the way iam talking abt sri lanka not about mass scale production and commerce ,u can go to wycherley for that hehehe

dude who wants to know seriously?im not goin to bother arguin wit u...i'll jus giv u a warning if u persist...im only asking u to stop provokin ppl here...if u dont listen dont bother hanging arnd here...n dont bring schools into this cos it jus shows wat a poor background u come from n this isnt the first time uve messed arnd on the forum

dude who wants to know seriously?im not goin to bother arguin wit u...i'll jus giv u a warning if u persist...im only asking u to stop provokin ppl here...if u dont listen dont bother hanging arnd here...n dont bring schools into this cos it jus shows wat a poor background u come from n this isnt the first time uve messed arnd on the forum

BITE ME :D

Has anyone got the link to this video? Sounds like it'd make good watching....

To whom it may concern

The bottom line is evo's are better performance cars, we all know the facts and figures from way before, prices, handling, acceleration blah blah blah... we know yeah! this is not new at all. and dont think the members at autolanka don't know their Sh*t!! This poll is about personal preference if you read the header u may realise.

STI's have more character than the evo IMO,looks better, sounds better and fun to drive. A car should be a little challenging to drive, the driver should have control over the car not the other way around as in the evos case where the driver needs reletively no proper driving experience.you flick it into a corner at 200 and it still holds guranteed. This no evo bashing, but been in them and driven em..It is a marvelous car.

BTW didnt Jeremy C say the interior of the evo is like a bin liner!! anyway peoples opinion is their business...

And its BOXER engine, not boxter!

STI's have more character than the evo IMO,looks better, sounds better and fun to drive. A car should be a little challenging to drive, the driver should have control over the car not the other way around as in the evos case where the driver needs reletively no proper driving experience.you flick it into a corner at 200 and it still holds guranteed. This no evo bashing, but been in them and driven em..It is a marvelous car.

Well said. Proper driving enthusiasts like a car that can challenge them. "Frisky" to borrow a term from VBH. Look, just about all the top gear reviews prove Evos are faster, but in every one of those clips, when questioned on the preference its the Subaru, even tho they have no idea why. I'm sure DineshD vs. Petter Solberg would be interesting, even with his WRC car, coz that Evo is seriously fast, but....

Ppl don't only vote on logic. Keep an open mind. What makes sense to u might look like utter BS to someone else. And beauty is def in the eye of the beholder.

Also, kanishka1 the world maybe free, but autoLanka forums are moderated. If u want to be part of a community, be nice and play by the rules. And if u think its a free world and u can do what u want, try walking into a bank and asking them for all the money.