• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Familia - Petorl Consumption

Chinthaka.perera

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

Im using a Mazda familia ( 2001) model.

how about the normal petrol consumption.

KM per Liter.

pleasure to reply your first post !!

One of my friend is using an auto, he says it's around 8km/l. Did you calculate consumption of your car ?

Thanks for ur reply. i also counted where it also comes around 8-9 KM/L.

i tht of doing a engine tune to get more efficant.

Any place for Mazda Engine tune...

There is a place at Pepiliyana junction - MAZ*A Motors. Owner is a former employee of CarMart. But as far as i know only David Peiris and Carmart has the WDS (diagnostic computers)

hi

Im using a Mazda familia ( 2001) model.

how about the normal petrol consumption.

KM per Liter.

Im using a familia (1999 model, 1500cc) and it does about 9-10km/l in Colombo, 11-13km/l outstation.

Pepiliyana place doesn't have diagnostic computers but they are really good on general repairs and services.

Im using a familia (1999 model, 1500cc) and it does about 9-10km/l in Colombo, 11-13km/l outstation.

Pepiliyana place doesn't have diagnostic computers but they are really good on general repairs and services.

Hi

I second that... he's good on all types of general works.... I got a 1.6 L man Trans but currently it's doing 7.6Per L, it was worse but after a throttle body clean it increased.... to 7.6. I've put new plugs (NGK Platinum tips) but I was advised to get a tune up done......

The plc in papiliyana does not have the diagnostic computers to do the needful so have to take it to DPMC.

Looks like I need to have a serious check on the fuel issue.... luckily the company pays for it... ;)

I used a 2003 1.5L auto hatch last year for about 5 months. Which the company bought un-reg.

I began by pumping 95 octane petrol and got 9km/L. Then I switched to 90 Octane and I used to get 10km/L. Strange I know....

I used a 2003 1.5L auto hatch last year for about 5 months. Which the company bought un-reg.

I began by pumping 95 octane petrol and got 9km/L. Then I switched to 90 Octane and I used to get 10km/L. Strange I know....

i dont think the Octane rating increase has any impact on non-Performance motors machang

most normal cars will run on anything from 87 octane up...so pumping premium on a normal car will not really result in much of a change - although theoretically there should be a diffrence 5th gear did a test on this n the results showed huge differences in the efficientcy torwue n power output figure in performance cars when running on various grades of fuel but virtuall no change in normal small sized motors

so its not worth pumping premium on a basic engine unless otherwise specified...

i dont think the Octane rating increase has any impact on non-Performance motors machang

most normal cars will run on anything from 87 octane up...so pumping premium on a normal car will not really result in much of a change - although theoretically there should be a diffrence 5th gear did a test on this n the results showed huge differences in the efficientcy torwue n power output figure in performance cars when running on various grades of fuel but virtuall no change in normal small sized motors

so its not worth pumping premium on a basic engine unless otherwise specified...

I hear you. In fact I wanted to post a separate topic on this to get some feed back. But it is still quite confusing to me.

Two weeks ago 95 Oct was unavailable in the sheds close to home and I was running v low. So I pumped a bit of 90 and used it all weekend. My car (Alfa 156 1.6 Twin Spark) felt a lot smoother. Less vibration. I was amazed.

However on Monday I filled her up with 95 again as the manufacturer has specifically mentioned that 95 oct is the minimum required.

By the following weekend again I was empty and again there was no 95 so I put a bit of 90. And again after a few kms I felt the car got very smooth. I am very confused about this and I'm 100% certain it was not my imagination.

Guys at Dimos say that they've had to change factory settngs of new Merc engines to take 90 as the 95 is very dirty in SL and have had lots of problems. So I guess there must be something in it....

Any views?

Guys at Dimos say that they've had to change factory settngs of new Merc engines to take 90 as the 95 is very dirty in SL and have had lots of problems. So I guess there must be something in it....

Any views?

ok how abt a TEST of our own?

be it ever so subjective n unscientific, how abt we switch fuel grades & see what we can find

i've been running the Z on 95 & so had the previous owner,but given that it was made for the US mkt i'm sure the VG30's fuel system will manage with 90...

also i'll try switching a 5A-FE 1.5 Carina over onto 95 instead of regular..

will compare the Economy figures as well as engine response n performance n report back in the next few weeks

cant dyno test here so the results will be inconclusive at best,but at least we'll be able to get a vauge idea as to the impact n effects of Premium Petrol in the system! :)

i normally use 90octane and occasionally pump 95 octane just for kicks... to my car it didn'tmake much of a difference...

so then the theory abt it only showing on performance motor may be true

ah i think i saw u turning outta the Rd just past Delmons around 6.15 today...? GJ plate i belive - white 323

:lol: its slightly unnerving that thought....but i guess even the die hards eventually fall :D ....but if ur "front seat passenger" isnt quite a "passenger" n it the Navigating or better yet é 'real' Driving type - then you gonna be in for a helluva ride :D

best of both worlds - but hell, how many petrol heads r ever that lucky! ~sigh~

:lol: its slightly unnerving that thought....but i guess even the die hards eventually fall :D ....but if ur "front seat passenger" isnt quite a "passenger" n it the Navigating or better yet é 'real' Driving type - then you gonna be in for a helluva ride :D

best of both worlds - but hell, how many petrol heads r ever that lucky! ~sigh~

I AM!!! :D

:P Don't u start now. Tho if this Pannala track day happens, my chance to even the score :D

Tho I'll be up against a SR20 this time ..... Oh well, lets try it :D

:D with me or her??? J/k

Wont put the Primi on a obstacle track. turning circle is too big... & don't wanna reverse in every corner, & yellow paint on the purple buffer. :D But in a straight line track.... Hmmm... OK... :alc:

do u minds sharing é secrects of your sucess with lesser mortals like moi pls? :D \

:D