• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cheap Full Body Paint

Buddhika M H

Question

One of my friend is going to paint his Nissan March (not the newest model)

he's going for a full body paint, but as he's going to paint and sell he's not going to pay much.

1. so wht will be the normal low cost price range for him ?? (labour+paint)

2. will it be compulsory to unscrew and dessect all interior boards and dashboard etc. for this?? (i mean is there a way to paint without sprayed to interior?)

Please add your opinions on this (especially to the 2nd question)

Thanks. :)

7 answers to this question

you'll need to remove beadings n stuff Only if your CHANGING the COLOUR

if its in existing colour then can just spray over -

if its Solid colour for a March K12 i'm guessing 1.5L of "2K" paint from DUCO/NEXA AUTO COLOUR will be enough - can get from any Dulux colour mixing centre

if he's gonna sell then might as well go for "ROCK" available@Slave Island opposite Salvation Army building/Nawaloka or Oppostie ROXY film hall Wellawatte

since he's gonna be selling no use putting a Metalic cuz that will require a base coat & top coat so nearly double the paint

i'm sure a normal garage will do the job for under 30,000 - should take a week@best

thanks devinda for info

he's not changing the paint.

but how do they stop paint spray getting into interior, especialy when spraying on hood(roof), sides of doors and stuff??

Thanks

Thats there job, dont worry. So are you looking at a touch up? You dont realy need a full paint do you?

well actually this is for a friends car.

he'll go for a full body i think as he's not sure if he paint only some areas, it will match with old paint. cause he's trying to sell it.

as for about the paint getting inside\removing dash and seats etc., problem is mine, im little bit confused and in a eager to know how do they do that. :):P

but they have to open the doors for paint no? ?

Edited by Buddhika M H

well actually this is for a friends car.

he'll go for a full body i think as he's not sure if he paint only some areas, it will match with old paint. cause he's trying to sell it.

as for about the paint getting inside\removing dash and seats etc., problem is mine, im little bit confused and in a eager to know how do they do that. :P;)

but they have to open the doors for paint no? ?

You are joking right? :)

They cover it well and do the painting. Its a simple scene

so might be some places paint wouldnt spry under beading etc...

so will it help us to find out a car was resprayed? (THATS WORTH TO LOOK WHEN BUYING 1) ;)

yeah its an easy way to spot if a shoddy paint job has been done! :)

also if u check on the inner pannels of the Engine bay & if u remove the odd bolt - the paint coverd by washers that keep the bolt in place will show u the original colour

also from the finish u can tell if a paint is new or not - cuz as time goes by the original coat will burn n fade - no matter how well kept or waxed - it'll show signs of ageing...