• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel consumption of a brand new car

Hi there,

This is my first post here.

I had a Kia Picanto 2017 manual and it was a great car, the only downside was the low ground clearance.

I sold it and got a Mahindra Kuv100, because of the high ground clearance. I often travel to rural places.

Upto now I have done 380KMs and the fuel consumption is 7.2Kms per litre petrol. Onyl drove it within Colombo.

It can not be my driving style because Ive only driven manuals and with my Picanto I always got average 15kmpl in Colombo.

Is this because the engine is still breaking in? I did a ODB2 scan and everything was ok there. Is the ECU still learning?

Please leave a reply if you have any information.

Thank you very much

Dilshan

20230719_174839.jpg

On 7/29/2023 at 9:07 PM, Niranga Dilshan said:

Hi there,

This is my first post here.

I had a Kia Picanto 2017 manual and it was a great car, the only downside was the low ground clearance.

I sold it and got a Mahindra Kuv100, because of the high ground clearance. I often travel to rural places.

Upto now I have done 380KMs and the fuel consumption is 7.2Kms per litre petrol. Onyl drove it within Colombo.

It can not be my driving style because Ive only driven manuals and with my Picanto I always got average 15kmpl in Colombo.

Is this because the engine is still breaking in? I did a ODB2 scan and everything was ok there. Is the ECU still learning?

Please leave a reply if you have any information.

Thank you very much

Dilshan

20230719_174839.jpg

Congratulations and happy driving.