• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Impact From Front Mesh Grills?

Hola

Hi Guys, specialy Veocity,

You have seen mesh grills on cars , lots of alions comes with it now (the higher graded model). This do gives a look. But what i would like to know is that does this give extra air flow and cool to the engine and negatively does it imapct when there is bad weather?

Please give your reviews guys, I thought of going for a mesh grill (its just US$9) but need to see your expert views.

Hola

g001ae100frontgrill3wg0.jpg

primera1uo5.jpg

grillcivic96blk1pcok1.jpg

generally cosmetic only so doesnt do much

apart from on application where a front mounted oil cooler or intercooler is in place in addition to the radiator,there way be a benefit of added air flow but not much

in terms of "weather" as u put it,i dont see muc hof a chan either - the weave it too small to hoover up leaves n besides theres nothing to suck anythin up on the outsite of the radiatior ne...

so it seems to me on all non performance machines - its all for "looks" :huh:

Wel.. there would not be any extreme gains by installing the grill dude.. though there might be the risk of ya air filter getting wet if it is placed quite close..

n as DevZ says no worries bout stuff getting into the bonet cuz of the grills.. but Hola a grill would be more appropriate if ya ve got a intercooler right up front.. if its just the looks then it is just the looks! lol..

rice boy ;-) jkz..

Zz

How can an OEM specification part be bad? or have a negative side effect? Think a minute before shooting a thread. :blink:

Yes, you are right. But beter consult right?

Wel.. there would not be any extreme gains by installing the grill dude.. though there might be the risk of ya air filter getting wet if it is placed quite close..

n as DevZ says no worries bout stuff getting into the bonet cuz of the grills.. but Hola a grill would be more appropriate if ya ve got a intercooler right up front.. if its just the looks then it is just the looks! lol..

rice boy ;-) jkz..

Zz

Ado. :D ..Wait till i see you on 17th!!! :angry-smiley-024:

No the filter wont get wet. See the pic, its safe

p1010015ub8.jpg

How can an OEM specification part be bad? or have a negative side effect? Think a minute before shooting a thread. :blink:

very true if its only for the looks y did they include it in sports versions ( specially honda virs n rs)there must b something hot apart from looks...

Edited by RACERSEDGE

just go out n get the grill bro

it'll look better then é stock thing anyways - n try prop a MÜgen sticker on as well for effect :blink:

ado thats kindyfying way too much! ;-) lmao...

I think i might have a Type R badge too Hola ;-) jkz...

wel.. if in any case derez a chance o water reaching then i d think it would be safer if ya d get down the heat shield for da cone filter which would protect against water too.. in a way.. bout 10$ me think.. i ll help ya wit the search if ya wish..

Zz

just go out n get the grill bro

it'll look better then é stock thing anyways - n try prop a MÜgen sticker on as well for effect :blink:

Ado here, thats stupid. It will be like a three wheeler having SUPER GL sticker

ado thats kindyfying way too much! ;-) lmao...

I think i might have a Type R badge too Hola ;-) jkz...

wel.. if in any case derez a chance o water reaching then i d think it would be safer if ya d get down the heat shield for da cone filter which would protect against water too.. in a way.. bout 10$ me think.. i ll help ya wit the search if ya wish..

Zz

Type R badge? Cmon Nexgen... Anyways thanks for the advice

as ppl b4 me said; changing the grill is mostly a cosmetic thing.

It can be advantageous to make the openning bigger if ur car has a restrictive grill and overheats in traffic. On the other hand, an over exposed grill will allow debris to come towards the radiator. esp in the US at highway speeds a lil rock hitting a radiator at 80mph will leave a dent :blink:

It can be advantageous to make the openning bigger if ur car has a restrictive grill and overheats in traffic.

highway speeds a lil rock hitting a radiator at 80mph will leave a dent :angry-smiley-024:

i doubt the second thing is gonna apply to anyone who has to crawl around in the traffi here! :blink: so only + points :D