• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz Nav Maps

Future SaaS

13 minutes ago, Future SaaS said:

My vitz 2017 only have the japan map installed. How can I install Srilanka map. I think it has the manufacturer system installed by toyota itself.

You better buy a unit with android auto or phone mirroring and use google maps. That's the cheapest and practical way.

15 hours ago, Future SaaS said:

My vitz 2017 only have the japan map installed. How can I install Srilanka map. I think it has the manufacturer system installed by toyota itself.

The Vitz's audio/navi system is a dealer installed option. Which means the manufacture does not install it. It is the dealer who the buyer buys the car from who installs it.  The only time the manufacturer installed it was for the Navi package (that too was available in the earlier models but not the facelift ones).

9 hours ago, Future SaaS said:

Yeah I see. Problem is I couldnt find a setup that fits the same size :(

This is a bit hard to believe. The car comes with a blank 2-din (?) or 1.5-din (?) console where you can fit any AV system. Depending on the type of the AV system the bezel (the plastic face/border around the stereo may need to be changed.

I think the issue you are having is that you can't find a system with the screen size that is the same as what the car first came with.  These cars at the time came with 6 or 7 inch screens with the dials/controls around it. I think nowadays the most common screens are 8inch and upwards with touch screen or slim controls. So these systems although will fit in to the 2-din/1.5-din compartment the screen and stuff might look like its sticking out (because the car was built to accommodate a certain size of screen. So you need to find a system that has a smaller screen (they used to be there) or an 8inch screen system that actually has a design that will sit flush against the dash. This might require you to look at brands and models that are specific high-end/specific markets. This might be pricey too.

Are you sure you want to do all this just for maps ? Get a good phone/tablet holder and use Google maps. This is what a lot of people with old cars in Japan do. Granted you lose the Audio/other app features.