• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for around 4 million

thebabydriver

Hey all

Sorry if im repeating the question

Im looking for a vehicle around 4m. 

4m is with a loan and i cannot go more than that at the moment due to the financial situation

Im looking for a vehicle that is Auto gear and has some resale value. Preferably after 2005-2006 ish. 2000cc or below is preferred as i dont want to sell a kidney to pump petrol.

I know mileage will be a problem  (passing 150K or 200K at this time) 

Im looking for a daily driver with ample leg space in the rear passenger compartment.

Your thoughts are highly appreciated Thank you <3 

1. mileage is not a problem if the car has been taken care of. It is only a problem because people are too cheap to maintain their cars (especially cars like Corollas and Allions and Priuses, etc...) and because people roll-back the odometer (so if a car says 80,000 it probably has done 3x as that)

2. You should have some money set aside for repairs/services you will have to do as soon as you buy the car. So if 4mil is all you have and the max can spend...you shold spend about 500,000 less on the car and keep it for the repairs/services.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 10:29 AM, thebabydriver said:

Im looking for a vehicle around 4m. 

Since 4M is the maximum, I suggest you cap your purchase budget at 3.5 and keep 0.5 M for repairs.  Since you highlighted rear leg space : let's forget the hatches for now. The regular Jap Sedan's at your bracket - Mazda 323's (BJ -not  Axela's ..Axela's might be possible at the higher end of your budget but will be stretching your repair-allowance )/Honda Civic ESs/Corolla 110s(121 Auto's will stretch your budget) /Vios /Nissan N16's and offer sufficient leg space but nothing to write home about WRT  comfort.  Carina T21X series is a decent choice. How about a Galant or a 2003 onwards Camry ( now I know it will not be the -most- fuel efficient but still you can probably find a well maintained specimen) 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, iRage said:

1. mileage is not a problem if the car has been taken care of. It is only a problem because people are too cheap to maintain their cars (especially cars like Corollas and Allions and Priuses, etc...) and because people roll-back the odometer (so if a car says 80,000 it probably has done 3x as that)

2. You should have some money set aside for repairs/services you will have to do as soon as you buy the car. So if 4mil is all you have and the max can spend...you shold spend about 500,000 less on the car and keep it for the repairs/services.

iRage mchn

Any specific recommendation for a vehicle to suit the needs bro ?

3 hours ago, matroska said:

Since 4M is the maximum, I suggest you cap your purchase budget at 3.5 and keep 0.5 M for repairs.  Since you highlighted rear leg space : let's forget the hatches for now. The regular Jap Sedan's at your bracket - Mazda 323's (BJ -not  Axela's ..Axela's might be possible at the higher end of your budget but will be stretching your repair-allowance )/Honda Civic ESs/Corolla 110s(121 Auto's will stretch your budget) /Vios /Nissan N16's and offer sufficient leg space but nothing to write home about WRT  comfort.  Carina T21X series is a decent choice. How about a Galant or a 2003 onwards Camry ( now I know it will not be the -most- fuel efficient but still you can probably find a well maintained specimen) 

Galant seems to be a good solutions i did bit of research on the Galant the car looks solid and also seems to have average mileage.

Any other good suggestions bro ?

1 minute ago, thebabydriver said:

iRage mchn

Any specific recommendation for a vehicle to suit the needs bro ?

I think @matroska's suggestions are a good starting point. For your budget what is available post 2006 is going to be a bit of a hard find. For your budget I think you will be able to find better condition cars from the early to mid 2000s.

Don't be stuck on this whole good resale value thing and think you have to buy a Toyota. Cars like Mazda, Mitsubishi are considered low market vehicles thanks to brokers. The good thing is you will be able to find a much more reasonably priced good car and then sell it off for a decent price. The thing is with cars like Toyota the prices are inflated and most cars are utter junk.

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2023 at 11:39 AM, matroska said:

2003 onwards Camry ( now I know it will not be the -most- fuel efficient but still you can probably find a well maintained specimen) 

Can confirm 2002 onwards Camry's are bulletproof, but yeah for a daily you might be spending quite a bit on fuel.

19 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

Can confirm 2002 onwards Camry's are bulletproof, but yeah for a daily you might be spending quite a bit on fuel.

I wouldn't say bulletproof. The 2AZ-FE engine does have the oil burning issue across the board (unless it is a later post 2008 or so version of the engine) because of the piston rings. But..with proper oil changes, etc...you can more less avert it.

8 hours ago, iRage said:

I wouldn't say bulletproof. The 2AZ-FE engine does have the oil burning issue across the board (unless it is a later post 2008 or so version of the engine) because of the piston rings. But..with proper oil changes, etc...you can more less avert it.

Is It even an old Yota if it's not burning a bit of oil? 

• Haha 1