• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SLARDAR Katukurunda Circuit Meet I

MADZ

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, SLARDAR Katukurunda Circuit Meet I pics (first batch) updated in AutoLanka Gallery[Click Here] … we will upload the rest of the pictures in a short while.. enjoy !

Pics by - Preveen R. & Madhawa M.

(Hay Preveen, this time you have taken some nice shots..keep it up man !! )

Stay tuned for short video clips of the races...!!

URL - http://www.autolanka.com/gallery/

006ni8.jpg

094jy6.jpg

002kb5.jpg

Ahhh, excellent days racing. Some good competition, thrills and not much spills ;) Good to see some keen, close racing, rather unlike the normal Katu where the field sorts out after the first corner and boringly plods along after with a aver widening gap. Some great photos, if I do say so myself. Madz should have it out shortly. :D Should have a interesting season if this sorta competition is maintained. Y'all should try to make it to see the races this year.

Very True Bro, Super Fights between Dinesh Jayawardena and Reyaz Faoruk, Nishan Weerasuriya and Jeyanthan, Darin Weerasinghe and Anil, Pasindu Peries and Sajad.

My OWN PICTURES

katu11djdp5.jpg

Edited by Velocity

Results of races

SL-GT upto 3500cc ( Race -1 )

1. Dinesh Deheragoda

2. Dinesh Jayawardana

3. Feroz Omar

SL-GT upto 3500cc ( Race -2 )

1. Dinesh Jayawardana

2. Reyaz Farook

3. Feroz Omar

SL-H upto 3500cc

1. Nishan Weerasooriya

2. Sarath Pathirage

3. P. Jeyanthan

Apart from the super cars Pasindu Pieris won both 1600cc events.

Hi guys, SLARDAR Katukurunda Circuit Meet I pics (first batch) updated in AutoLanka Gallery[Click Here] … we will upload the rest of the pictures in a short while.. enjoy !

Pics by - Preveen R. & Madhawa M.

(Hay Preveen, this time you have taken some nice shots..keep it up man !! )

Stay tuned for short video clips of the races...!!

autoLanka photography, powered by the Canon Powershot S series! (Them is some good cameras, eh?)

What about u, Shak? Anything interesting?

bro...

he's not new to the racing arena..he used to compete in local race arena since he was a small kid..he's a very famous dirt rider..i guess he's bout 21-22..very taleneted guy..he was introduced to car racing by his father (Raja peiris) bout 2 yrs ago..since then he has had many wins under his belt..in both 8-10 category and SL-H 1600 event driving his awesome civic which was previously owned by Ely gusher...Gutsy driver i should say..Hope this helps..

cheers

oh right...sounds like quite an impressive repetoir

but i've always wanted to know this - its quite a proceedure gettinga race licence etc ya

but how is it that little 10yr olds get to ride in special events@races??

wut gives :blink:

&what ever happned to "karting" in sri Lanka??

:lol:

...suddenly it was@a peak with Lankans going ot India n training abroad n suddenly all is quiet... :lol:

oh right...sounds like quite an impressive repetoir

but i've always wanted to know this - its quite a proceedure gettinga race licence etc ya

but how is it that little 10yr olds get to ride in special events@races??

wut gives :blink:

&what ever happned to "karting" in sri Lanka??

:lol:

...suddenly it was@a peak with Lankans going ot India n training abroad n suddenly all is quiet... :lol:

Pasindu is indeed a Super Driver. He Drove Superbly this weekend. Thumbs Up for This Chap.

Hope to see him More.

Damit. Infact Its Elly Gershon. Another Super Class Driver. A driver who was a very Technical Drive. Sadly he is back in Israel his home country.

u r absolutely rite velocity(dimantha)..he's a good driver too.. no questions on that..

pasindu was very lucky to buy this car cos at the same time major harsha had given his offer too..but he was a bit too late...

and this is to devinda..., mchan, to get a racing license u have to have to compete in a mass start event (so that excludes all the drag racing and hill climbs to be specific..but have no idea bout rallies) and there is this theoroetical test certified by some governing body in sl or FIA and u got to pass some medical examinations..it aint a big thing...just a so called racing license..cos seriously its just a waste of money (2500 i think) cos every year u gotta renew this damn thingy and they just give it, if u've got one previously..

cheers

and this is to devinda..., mchan, to get a racing license u have to have to compete in a mass start event (so that excludes all the drag racing and hill climbs to be specific..but have no idea bout rallies) and there is this theoroetical test certified by some governing body in sl or FIA and u got to pass some medical examinations..it aint a big thing...just a so called racing license..cos seriously its just a waste of money (2500 i think) cos every year u gotta renew this damn thingy and they just give it, if u've got one previously..

thats sounds straight up

bu wut of those kids on BIkes??? so obviously they dont have licences of any sort - so how do é organizers justify letting them race?

its good to promote motoring at a young age n wut not but dont u feel its a little one sided in the way that only é motor cyclist get a crack@é tracks whilst in shorts and those who prefer 4 wheels have no way into é scene n no chance of any exposure??? :(

&reiterating wut i asked/said earlier

wut ever happened to pro- Karting here?? :)

thats sounds straight up

bu wut of those kids on BIkes??? so obviously they dont have licences of any sort - so how do é organizers justify letting them race?

its good to promote motoring at a young age n wut not but dont u feel its a little one sided in the way that only é motor cyclist get a crack@é tracks whilst in shorts and those who prefer 4 wheels have no way into é scene n no chance of any exposure??? :action-smiley-033:

&reiterating wut i asked/said earlier

wut ever happened to pro- Karting here?? :blink:

for underaged kids, parents must give a letter to the organisers

adé fun no! :huh:

....but it feels as though é whole Lankan race scene is very "closed" and kinda like a whole 'memeber only' thing where those within é circle compete as they please along with their kith n kin -

its unheard of that any complete outsiders have ever burst onto é stage né...

if they wanna take motorsport to another level shouldnt they aggressively promote it n encourage novices from anywhere to join - after all a car isnt everything né - cant replace driver skill - n who knows how much of that has gone a begging...

....jus thinking out loud n i can be very wrong in my observations - jus personal opinion... :violent-smiley-030:

adé fun no! :huh:

....but it feels as though é whole Lankan race scene is very "closed" and kinda like a whole 'memeber only' thing where those within é circle compete as they please along with their kith n kin -

its unheard of that any complete outsiders have ever burst onto é stage né...

if they wanna take motorsport to another level shouldnt they aggressively promote it n encourage novices from anywhere to join - after all a car isnt everything né - cant replace driver skill - n who knows how much of that has gone a begging...

....jus thinking out loud n i can be very wrong in my observations - jus personal opinion... :violent-smiley-030:

agree wit ya man.. motor sports here are receiving lower coverage than the rest of the other sports.. other than the occassionaly Dinesh Deheragoda winning a race etc. the rest are just in the form of a summarized article.. but from what i do remember.. rally/motor sports were somewhat more glorified in the late 1980s to the early 1990s.. atleast that is what i feel cuz i used to see quite a few local races going on tv and there was a big haahoo bout trying to visit such a event..

Zz

Question :

How many proper RALLY's are held in a yr here & is there a seperate championship trophy ofr é winner or overall title??

I think KLM would get u the answer (or Mivec or Darin if they see this :) ) but since there is a National Rally Championship, I would think the answer is yes.

The recent rally at Pellawatte and the Kukuleganga Rally come to mind. Check Dinesh-Ds site for the calander, he normally keeps it updated :lol:

hey congrats darin and dinesh d.., darin, heard u gave a stuning run..thumbs up bro..keepit goin

hey congrats darin and dinesh d.., darin, heard u gave a stuning run..thumbs up bro..keepit goin

Yeah, he was taking the sponser logo too literally. Or else he thought he was on a bike coz he was cornering on two wheels :P U can find a pic in the gallery (shameless self promotion there) :D