• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vw Beetle

Supra_Natural

and as D_z pointed out (no need for me to even post since hes about nuh? :lol: ), I found a really great deal in the paper yesterday, went to see it and it looked excellent...... told the Seller i'll bring my mechanic around today, only for the asswipe to call me up in the evening and say he had freakin' sold it........ Honestly could've Kicked the bugger @ that point :violent-smiley-099:

to be fair, if you have not advanced on the car, it's fair game. there are so many window shoppers out there that just spend sunday checking out cars and wasting time, so you try to close as soon as you can.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude! If the guy wants to look at 100 cars and not make a purchase, thats his choice! Aint nothing for u to comment about how many cars he has looked at! Thats just damn rude. After all, its his money, not yours. :rolleyes:

You dont need to get hurt on behalf on Supra Natural.Its my opinon which was stressed out, dont worry about it

Hey guys, thanks for the support, sorry i couldn't post sooner, was a bit tied up over the weekend..... :)

@ Hola, Machan, as D_z said, you aint gonna believe the kinda Cr** we have looked at among those 20 cars..... :blink: so 20 cars is nothing really, and as @ today i have leads on 5 more cars to look at......

@ MRM, Spot on brother...... I saw a lot of those jobs where the owner slapped anew coat of paint over a TON of rust......and then quotes insane amounts for it....... and if any questions are asked, you get the "Its a 40 year old car., yada yada........" as you said.... bloody annoyance :angry:

and as D_z pointed out (no need for me to even post since hes about nuh? :lol: ), I found a really great deal in the paper yesterday, went to see it and it looked excellent...... told the Seller i'll bring my mechanic around today, only for the asswipe to call me up in the evening and say he had freakin' sold it........ Honestly could've Kicked the bugger @ that point :violent-smiley-099:

but I WILL PERSEVERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro, like i said, dont spend too much time on finding cars becuase you might get fed up of it and might regret it very badly. I am sure, positive there are good ones and rember you cant find 100% perfect car. So just make a wise choice

to be fair, if you have not advanced on the car, it's fair game. there are so many window shoppers out there that just spend sunday checking out cars and wasting time, so you try to close as soon as you can.

quite right...but i see myself getting my dues now that i've advertised :( for all é many times i've wasted a guys time i'm being repaid 10fold... :(

i'm embarking upon é magical 100 inquries figure now!! :o & yet no sale :( & its has nothing to do with price cuz after a week i realized i may have been..uh..optimistic... :D with my intial asking n have since been open to offers - but got none of those either! :(

quite right...but i see myself getting my dues now that i've advertised :( for all é many times i've wasted a guys time i'm being repaid 10fold... :(

i'm embarking upon é magical 100 inquries figure now!! :o & yet no sale :( & its has nothing to do with price cuz after a week i realized i may have been..uh..optimistic... :D with my intial asking n have since been open to offers - but got none of those either! :(

Whats going to happend at the end? I presume SN's budget is 250,000. If so tell him to keep away another 50k for this and that

Whats going to happend at the end? I presume SN's budget is 250,000. If so tell him to keep away another 50k for this and that

i think as a result of his inabilty to find a decent shape car his budget has been raised to a max of about 400k .. :)

but rightly as u said minimum of 50k will be set aside cuz any old car is gonna need work n will have running repairs - so ideal car will be a max of 300-325k withara....

SN my advice is to take as long as you like to find the best car. The Beetle is not exactly in short supply. I know it's a tiring process but you must get the best car at the best price.

Patience is the name of the game when it comes to old cars. Or you'll spend double the money and time getting it sorted. I think you have a very good idea of exactly what you want so...............stick to the plan. No need to rush.

SN my advice is to take as long as you like to find the best car. The Beetle is not exactly in short supply. I know it's a tiring process but you must get the best car at the best price.

Patience is the name of the game when it comes to old cars. Or you'll spend double the money and time getting it sorted. I think you have a very good idea of exactly what you want so...............stick to the plan. No need to rush.

GTam, you never said a truer word mate..... absolutely spot on!...... true beetles aren't exactly in short supply, but ones of the calibre that i'm after that are actually FOR SALE certainly are..... to make a long story short, i dont mind paying top dollar for a perfect(ish) car, but i'm not gonna pay insane amounts for a new coat of paint over a shoddy one.......

just yesterday i saw a super beetle (1303) at a car sale which had a new paint job, leather seats (from another car), and an air conditioner...... paint was good but the details (window rubbers, running boards etc), were the same as any old bug...... the front bumper was covered i rust, and the jokers wanted 575,000 for it!!!!! :blink:

btw, i'm off to see two more today, which are supposed to be good (the leads were provided by the fellow who sold the car before i could check it......nice of him) so wish me luck...

• 2 weeks later...

Machan tell us more about the buy.YOM,engine,Price (if willing to share) why garaged etc etc

'course i'm willing to share bro....

well its a 1969 YOM but registered in '80 (brought down late), 1300 engine, 4 owners on the book... cost a bit over 200,000..

as to why it's garaged....... well it had been unused for awhile and there were some issues to be sorted out... bit of corrosion, gear selector issue, some cosmetic work and a bit of a problem with the brakes..... actually, a HELL of a problem with the brakes :lol:

also, since it's in, i'm thinking of having it repainted as well...

Congragulations Supra,

I think you have made a wise choice, and you should be able to sort everything out within another 100K fingers crossed and then you will have a Bug in superb quality but still at 300K :)

Best of luck mate

Congratz bro.. the same question of when you are really gonna buy it popped in ma mind but hell you have sowed the seeds of patiences and voila a beauty dude...

hows the interior and etc? stock alloys? for some reason the stock alloys give the car a more beautified classical look than new ones.. i saw a beetle last night with a gaudy set of alloys.. just spoils the looks....

Congratz btw dude!!! :)

Zz

Thanks Guys..... :)

yeah i was beginning to wonder myself about it.... :lol:

but yeah it was a decent buy, tho there's still quite a lot to do.....

all stock machan and the interior's lovely.... gonna keep it as close to stock visually as possible. might fit a decent set of alloys if i can find some that look right

as for the mechanicals....... they are in fairly decent shape... have big plans ;)

wil post more pics as we go along.... i'll open a new thread maybe...

'course i'm willing to share bro....

well its a 1969 YOM but registered in '80 (brought down late), 1300 engine, 4 owners on the book... cost a bit over 200,000..

as to why it's garaged....... well it had been unused for awhile and there were some issues to be sorted out... bit of corrosion, gear selector issue, some cosmetic work and a bit of a problem with the brakes..... actually, a HELL of a problem with the brakes :lol:

also, since it's in, i'm thinking of having it repainted as well...

Well done mate, looks a good deal!

Not surprising that there are a few issues as it has been stored for a while. May I suggest - Get the immediate mechanical issues done (like the brakes) and run it a bit. While running get the cosmetics sorted a bit at a time. The idea is to keep the car in use, get to know the car...... Keep the painting for later.

I'm suggesting this from experience. When an old car goes into the garage it can take a hell of a long time to come out. And when you use the car regularly you get to enjoy it and learn about all the little things it needs sorting out.

The car being in the garage for a long period before you could enjoy it could be frustrating and could dent your interest.

Just a friendly suggestion :) !

Well done mate, looks a good deal!

Not surprising that there are a few issues as it has been stored for a while. May I suggest - Get the immediate mechanical issues done (like the brakes) and run it a bit. While running get the cosmetics sorted a bit at a time. The idea is to keep the car in use, get to know the car...... Keep the painting for later.

I'm suggesting this from experience. When an old car goes into the garage it can take a hell of a long time to come out. And when you use the car regularly you get to enjoy it and learn about all the little things it needs sorting out.

The car being in the garage for a long period before you could enjoy it could be frustrating and could dent your interest.

Just a friendly suggestion :) !

You're very right GTam.... there are a couple of cosmetic issues that require immediate attention (a couple of fair-sized dents.... long story), but im going to sort the mechanicals out and leave the painting for later.....

suffering withdrawal symptoms already :lol:

Edited by Supra_Natural

Wolfrace and minilite here comes S_N :lol:

I only wish mate :lol:

those are gonna have to wait considering the repair bill, the powers that be were NOT happy.

but if i'm fitting alloys they most likely will be wolfrace yeah....

Edited by Supra_Natural

Hi All,

this thread has been dead for awhile so i thought i'd revive it

FINALLY BOUGHT IT!!!!!

IPB Image

what do you think?

wow Supra congrats. Keep up the good work. The lady seems to be shy huh? :D Show some more pics of her please,interior etc