• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Engine Tune

Chinthaka.perera

What do you meant by "tune up". These cars just need a good cleanup and if not in good shape replace it, instead of a tune up. so familia's computer is not programmable or upgradable i guess, so just get the throttle and injectors cleaned and replace the spark plugs and the filters. this should do the job and the computer will adjust itself to the best performance it is programmed to. i recommend DPMC or MA**A Motors (Pepiliyana) for this and they have most of the spare part for your car.

so if DPMC cuz its é same as é Ford Laser is it?? r é machanicles identicle??

:action-smiley-033:

...cuz it always kinda seemed as i é Laser was slightly better looking - esp. in terms of trim levels...

Sadly I have to agree with you on the looks…….. :blink: Devinda_Z well the Ford does look kind of nice

Well if U got the 2001 model then U have to take it to DPMC and get it checked up – Cleaning alone MAY not help as I’ve done it and replaced all plugs but I get only 7.56 per Liter form my Mazda. Sooo planning to take it to DPMC can tell you if it works by the end of this month….. (Currently financial status is down right Shit )

cheers

Sadly I have to agree with you on the looks…….. :action-smiley-033: Devinda_Z well the Ford does look kind of nice

Well if U got the 2001 model then U have to take it to DPMC and get it checked up – Cleaning alone MAY not help as I’ve done it and replaced all plugs but I get only 7.56 per Liter form my Mazda. Sooo planning to take it to DPMC can tell you if it works by the end of this month….. (Currently financial status is down right Shit )

cheers

pls do that. Mine (2000 BJ5 with VVT) does little more than 8Km/L no matter where I took it or what I did. This is anyway in Colombo traffic during in the mornings and afternoons. I took it to DPMC and CarMart but they didn't find anythign wrong, so just replaced the plugs and filter. When you replace the plugs make sure that you replace them with what manufatcuters had recomended (mine has NGK BKR5E-II) tried platinum tips but didn't help me.

uh machan where did u get the Plantinum Tipped ones from?????????

i've been searching high n low with no results! :lol:

can u mail me é contact please?

(sorry abt hijecking é thread)

if I am not mistaken this is what I bought

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/products/cars...&country=US

from Asiri Motors in Panchikawattte (some time back though)

i've been searching high n low with no results! :lol:

The agents are Douglas & Sons now... not too helpfull though

Edited by mazdaspeed

i've been searching high n low with no results! :(

I have the 2001 BJ5, I fitted it with platinum tips (bought from Asiri Motors) I get bout 9km per litre. (moderate driving) but if u throttle above 4000rpm, then I get bout 7.5 - 8. mines a manual though...

I have the 2001 BJ5, I fitted it with platinum tips (bought from Asiri Motors) I get bout 9km per litre. (moderate driving) but if u throttle above 4000rpm, then I get bout 7.5 - 8. mines a manual though...

Thx, is it a 1.6 ? As I get abt 7.56 on mine and I genarally rev and do short sprints

thanx guys - will check é place in Panchikawatte

...your right - DOuglas didnt have it last time i checked n they weren't é least bit interested in selling anything either! :S

Yellow pages showed é Agent to be Ar*stons or something - but even they only carry é basic spec plugs lu... :P