• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Al Classified Ads Gripe

Ripper

loads of people who advertise here don't remove their ads even when they are sold for weeks or maybe even more. All the people i called so far who still have their ads on the site have sold them but haven't taken down the ads. :D

Pretty annoying scene especially for an online service which only takes a few seconds to do any sort of edit :alc:

Me thinks that they're should be a way to penalise these guys who don't support the common cause to keep us car lovers from trusting the site and not messing up the whole AL experience :)

well' just because it can be AIMED at me..

- i informed MADZ sevaral times to remove my previous ads. i just didnt have the reference numbers, but then i provided the vehicle no's and all details where the advertisment could be found and specified SOLD!

its annoying that SO many ppl calling and calling and asking about a car which was sold almost 4 months back.. and AS mentioned by the 'Ripper' its bad for the customer satisfaction as well.

SO.. better to pay attention: MADZ!!

ps: we all know dat the site give fast results but then, once sold it should be specified as well.. PLEASE..

THANK YOU SIR :alc:

- i informed MADZ sevaral times to remove my previous ads. i just didnt have the reference numbers, but then i provided the vehicle no's and all details where the advertisment could be found and specified SOLD!

its annoying that SO many ppl calling and calling and asking about a car which was sold almost 4 months back.. and AS mentioned by the 'Ripper' its bad for the customer satisfaction as well.

ps: we all know dat the site give fast results but then, once sold it should be specified as well.. PLEASE..

' And also.. those who visit this site JUST to check on vehicles, when they find sevaral similar cases' SOLD, oh' i sold it last week, sorry' it was sold 3 months back' like wise. they will just get fed with it.

SO, its a issue where it should be corrected ASAP.

loads of people who advertise here don't remove their ads even when they are sold for weeks or maybe even more. All the people i called so far who still have their ads on the site have sold them but haven't taken down the ads. :angry:

Pretty annoying scene especially for an online service which only takes a few seconds to do any sort of edit :violent-smiley-030:

Me thinks that they're should be a way to penalise these guys who don't support the common cause to keep us car lovers from trusting the site and not messing up the whole AL experience B)

Yes it’s sad to see that some people doesn’t inform us after their vehicle gets sold out! As a solution we are hoping to introduce a new button where the viewers can complain regarding such ads. Then we can double check with the owner and remove it ASAP. As you know it is virtually impossible task for us to call and check on each advert under AL classifieds. If you guys have any other alternative please let us know.

Kim, if you can’t find your own Ad just by simply browsing the classified section what makes you think it is possible for us to find it behalf of you? As you know the vehicle number is not a text field, it’s in the image…so it’s not possible to search from database. We have no interest in keeping the ads which has been sold out it’s a hassle for us too. So please take some time and try to locate your vehicle ad and let us know the Reference number. If not at least e-mail us the contact name you have put for your Ad or any other detail which we can identify your Ad from the rest.

Kim, if you can’t find your own Ad just by simply browsing the classified section what makes you think it is possible for us to find it behalf of you? As you know the vehicle number is not a text field, it’s in the image…so it’s not possible to search from database. We have no interest in keeping the ads which has been sold out it’s a hassle for us too. So please take some time and try to locate your vehicle ad and let us know the Reference number. If not at least e-mail us the contact name you have put for your Ad or any other detail which we can identify your Ad from the rest.

MADZ if i may just point out to you.... some VERY old ads with cars that are long gone now are still on the classifieds.... Case in point, i'm looking for a VW Bug, and i came across this PERFECT car in the classifieds

link http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=985

but the number given doesn't work, and there are no other contact details, and as i see from the ID, it seems to be an old ad as well....... so it does inconvenience buyers as well in a way......

IMO perhaps you should look at nexgen's suggestion of doing a review of the ads (If it is not too time consuming), even once a month would be good i guess......'

Also (and this is slightly OT) would it be possible to put up a "Wanted" Section?

Thanks

S_N

Well I think it's pretty easy to search for any ad as long as you know what the car was :angry: Just run a search and you will only get a couple of pages of results max... Nothing like the endless searches i do on ebay :P

MadZ... i think the button idea is cool B) It's a start at least :)

If i had more time and no life...would've called all these people all the time so they will absolutely have to take their ad off :violent-smiley-030:

great idea supra :)

even ebay has it i think...

MADZ if i may just point out to you.... some VERY old ads with cars that are long gone now are still on the classifieds.... Case in point, i'm looking for a VW Bug, and i came across this PERFECT car in the classifieds

but the number given doesn't work, and there are no other contact details, and as i see from the ID, it seems to be an old ad as well....... so it does inconvenience buyers as well in a way......

IMO perhaps you should look at nexgen's suggestion of doing a review of the ads (If it is not too time consuming), even once a month would be good i guess......'

Also (and this is slightly OT) would it be possible to put up a "Wanted" Section?

Thanks

S_N

Hi Madz,

Why don't you impose an expiry date for the add lets say 2 weeks, and the system will automatically initiate an email to the seller and ask if he or she wants to keep the add up longer, if they can they can re activate the add by clicking on a link.

If not it will get purged from the system,

Or you can give direct access to the seller to remove the add, but I think an auto expire feature is better.

The Don

Hi Madz,

Why don't you impose an expiry date for the add lets say 2 weeks, and the system will automatically initiate an email to the seller and ask if he or she wants to keep the add up longer, if they can they can re activate the add by clicking on a link.

If not it will get purged from the system,

Or you can give direct access to the seller to remove the add, but I think an auto expire feature is better.

The Don

There already is a system, i think its 4 weeks. But only 2 options, 4 weeks & Unlimited time.

Why not have a clear space where it notes the Ad Status as either Available or Sold, the available sign could be in bright green and the sold sign could be in bright red, ideally this should be noted for each vehicle and this should resolve all the issues and through a login for a customer the customer could change the status of the order automatically.

Dont delete any of the pages, this is not a good thing for the site when it come to the sites rank in search engines

Why not have a clear space where it notes the Ad Status as either Available or Sold, the available sign could be in bright green and the sold sign could be in bright red, ideally this should be noted for each vehicle and this should resolve all the issues and through a login for a customer the customer could change the status of the order automatically.

Dont delete any of the pages, this is not a good thing for the site when it come to the sites rank in search engines

This is where the prob lies.. the sellers sell the car n forget everything.. if there should be a mandatory action for the sale to go through such as the deal going thru AL or related medium.. then i am sure that logging the cars which are sold n not is possible...

Zz

- i never said i cant find my own add, from your site,[HELLOOO this is not Ebay] i told that i just did not have the reference number for it, AND thats why i provided other details of the vehicles thinking that the ppl in your office could do the rest work. (never mind)

-do you think visitors/customers have no other work to call and tell that 'car is sold' when no one is even interested to note down them? do you think so?? - wot we get is just a another phone call asking about the car dats it.. who cares.. i dont loose any customers.. but you do! when they fed up.

- when posting a add the site gives 2 options, where when the 1 month advertising is selected, (as the site itself mentions) the adverts will be automatically removed from the system after 1 month from the date you post it. DAT never worked! if it ever worked, the adds which i am talking about wont be here. isnt it? (never mind)

BTW i have done the following in informing you to remove adds:

- Called you

- Txt'd you (with the details)

- Mailed (with the details)

BUT i forgot the most important thing which is the 'reference no' SORRY for that! i should have checked and given it in the first place. (but you never insisted for it - thought you all can figure it out with other details i provided) its OK.

its my fault, here after it wont happen..sorry 4 all the disturb. we LOVE your site, anyways! :violent-smiley-030:

Edited by Kim

- i never said i cant find my own add, from your site,[HELLOOO this is not Ebay] i told that i just did not have the reference number for it, AND thats why i provided other details of the vehicles thinking that the ppl in your office could do the rest work. (never mind)

Kim, stop B^%$# and send me the Reference Number.

-do you think visitors/customers have no other work to call and tell that 'car is sold' when no one is even interested to note down them? do you think so?? - wot we get is just a another phone call asking about the car dats it.. who cares.. i dont loose any customers.. but you do! when they fed up.

No wonder Sri-Lanka is still a developing country ... :violent-smiley-030:

- when posting a add the site gives 2 options, where when the 1 month advertising is selected, (as the site itself mentions) the adverts will be automatically removed from the system after 1 month from the date you post it. DAT never worked! if it ever worked, the adds which i am talking about wont be here. isnt it? (never mind)

I'm sure you wouldn’t complain about it if your car was still available for sale...

BTW i have done the following in informing you to remove adds:

- Called you

- Txt'd you (with the details)

- Mailed (with the details)

BUT i forgot the most important thing which is the 'reference no' SORRY for that! i should have checked and given it in the first place. (but you never insisted for it - thought you all can figure it out with other details i provided) its OK.

Ya...U should have.

its my fault, here after it wont happen..sorry 4 all the disturb. we LOVE your site, anyways! :angry:

Good !

There already is a system, i think its 4 weeks. But only 2 options, 4 weeks & Unlimited time.

Well I am sure those options are not really meant to avoid the problem that was being discussed currently,

I just think rather than poor MADZ being burdened with the responsibility of trying to clear unwanted options the sellers themselves should take up the responsibility,

So if they were given 2 options

1. An option to change the status of the add from available to SOLD, which then MADZ can use as the basis for purging records after a while (he might decide to keep them for a bit for marketing purposes).

2. An auto expiry option, which is that irrespective of the package selected, the seller must keep the advertisement "Active" and the seller would be contacted close to the expiry date and advised how to do so (the easiest is a link to click on or something) and if the seller doesn't do so the status of the add will first change to inactive, and if the seller has purchased the unlimited option the system will shoot another email to the seller to either confirm his car sold or reactivate the listing. If the seller ignores this and does not contact MADZ within the next 2 weeks the add is automatically purged,

Then nobody has any basis to complain and its not too difficult a system to implement

Yo Don.. long time no see.. being busy dude?

Yeah.. the sellers should be responsible in this case as this is a service to assist in them selling their vehicles.. thus the responsibilities fall on them.. your opinions on how it should be is quite feasible.. a good example would be SL s own WOW classifieds which i suggest could be looked at for similiar implementation over here in AL...

+ It would be much more better if ya could hopefully (if time permits) evaluate certain ADs as some owners tend to ruin the basic purpose of having an AD and makin it a jumble..

Zz

Yo Don.. long time no see.. being busy dude?

Yeah.. the sellers should be responsible in this case as this is a service to assist in them selling their vehicles.. thus the responsibilities fall on them.. your opinions on how it should be is quite feasible.. a good example would be SL s own WOW classifieds which i suggest could be looked at for similiar implementation over here in AL...

+ It would be much more better if ya could hopefully (if time permits) evaluate certain ADs as some owners tend to ruin the basic purpose of having an AD and makin it a jumble..

Zz

Yeah man, unfortunately surfing AL doesn't fill my stomach :P

Kim, stop B^%$# and send me the Reference Number.

No wonder Sri-Lanka is still a developing country ... :P

I'm sure you wouldn’t complain about it if your car was still available for sale...

Ya...U should have.

Good !

:D its all gud end of the day! :D

kim - if you have nothing to lose i don't see why you're whining so much... for someone who 'LOVES' the site your last post was very very rude... all the other posters in this thread have been very polite with their complaints and i don't see any reason why you can't do the same...

i'll have you know that AL admin is aware of this issue and is in the process of fixing it but unfortunately time doesn't permit the webmasters to do this as fast as YOU want...

and FYI the hits on AL classifieds are only increasing so here again the only person fed up with the service is YOU...

just remember that AL is providing you with a service... criticism is most welcome but not in this tone... and if you don't appreciate it don't use it cos we've got 'nothing to lose'... also i think you owe Madz an apology cos he obviously wasn't pleased with your ruckus...

don/nexgen - good suggestions, especially the auto-expire option... spoken to the boss about it and we'll see what we can do...

Thanks

S_N

Hey! DevindaZ called me up today for your VW. Like i told him, please come a bit early on 17th to the meet so we could hunt some in Negombo

Hey! DevindaZ called me up today for your VW. Like i told him, please come a bit early on 17th to the meet so we could hunt some in Negombo

Hey man, thanx a lot..... yes, Me, D_Z and milindu will be coming pretty early......

Thanks again

kim - if you have nothing to lose i don't see why you're whining so much... for someone who 'LOVES' the site your last post was very very rude... all the other posters in this thread have been very polite with their complaints and i don't see any reason why you can't do the same...

i'll have you know that AL admin is aware of this issue and is in the process of fixing it but unfortunately time doesn't permit the webmasters to do this as fast as YOU want...

and FYI the hits on AL classifieds are only increasing so here again the only person fed up with the service is YOU...

just remember that AL is providing you with a service... criticism is most welcome but not in this tone... and if you don't appreciate it don't use it cos we've got 'nothing to lose'... also i think you owe Madz an apology cos he obviously wasn't pleased with your ruckus...

don/nexgen - good suggestions, especially the auto-expire option... spoken to the boss about it and we'll see what we can do...

OK, shaks! will do..