• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Choice

Terabite

Hi guys,

i was wondering, what would be the best for my car?? i was told that 95% would give more boost !!! But hey with these roads & the TRAFFIC is it worth the extra few bucks?? with speed limts of 50K ( even on Marine Drive)

Unless has some better effect on the Engine... also i think that 95% octane evaporates faster..

all about the fuel....

this was kinda discussed on anthoer thread bro - some differing views there so worth having a look at that thread - search for fuel or é like n it should show - fairly new - sometime in january

& i doubt it'll make a noticable differrence on a non-performance specific motor..

uh whats the scene with 95 evaporating??? ;) please elaborate -:huh:

Well first of all i use a Civic V-tec with a D15B. thats not the issue guys.

ture that most of the new Rides have requierments, so i guess for those they will have no choice but 95%.

as for the evaporating bit, it's based on the octane levels, this is what i heard, the more refined the fuel gets the more tendancy to evaporate.

Also depends on what time you pump fuel (morning & Night time are the best.)

Any comments

ture that most of the new Rides have requierments, so i guess for those they will have no choice but 95%.

as for the evaporating bit, it's based on the octane levels, this is what i heard, the more refined the fuel gets the more tendancy to evaporate.

Any comments

Aside from cost there aint much difference between the fuel they sell here (same ole crap)

Hi guys,

i was wondering, what would be the best for my car?? i was told that 95% would give more boost !!! But hey with these roads & the TRAFFIC is it worth the extra few bucks?? with speed limts of 50K ( even on Marine Drive)

Unless has some better effect on the Engine... also i think that 95% octane evaporates faster..

all about the fuel....

Terabite,

First of all its not quoted in % terms, its 95 RON which is the octane rating. What I've found was, normally manufactures tell you what the minimum RON you should be using, but it doesn't hurt to in something above that. Like mine says minimum of 95 RON put I always put in 99 RON. If you have a performance engine, you will gain a few bhp by adding higher RON fuel, but if its not a newer car you might have to reset your ignition timing by resetting your ECU. The newer cars can adjust the ECU automatically.

I don't know abiut Lanka, but most of the higher RON fuels in the uK have added cleaning agents which cleans out the crap from the valves, so you notice an immediate improvement in throttle response and fuel economy.

It is also claimed that higher RON fuel can increase your fuel economy depending on the car, I have definetly noticed a difference when using 99 RON as opposed to 95.

Any comments

you need to run 95 as is this in most JDM cars & specially on honda vtecs due to the higher compression. Evaporation levels should not be a worry and the difference is very minute. The day and night pumping theory is an 'old wife's tail' lol ;)

you need to run 95 as is this in most JDM cars & specially on honda vtecs due to the higher compression. Evaporation levels should not be a worry and the difference is very minute. The day and night pumping theory is an 'old wife's tail' lol :D

thanks for the info, i guess i better go with 95 RON, oh one more thing... since i have used 90 RON & now going to switch to 95 RON do i have to reset the ECU?? or is it o.k to just pump & Run??

I was told that higher octane fuel would def promote more fuel efficiency but i have never practiced it to a give a postiive comment on it.. there are these fuel additives such as Octane booster etc. which would increase the octane content of the fuel..

and would cars in the 1990s have the capability of readjusting the ignition timing on itself once the ECUs resetted?

Zz