• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda To Pay Almost $6mn For 'overclocked' Odometers!

Saturn

typical sri lankan way of looking at it.....performance always takes a back seat to the ignorant non enthusiast masses...

...ung mona reddakata GT ekek gath tha da dannä!!! :( all these ppl care abt is he "grade" né - SE da , Super Saloon da , G limited da...

:rolleyes:

~sigh~

ez ez boy on "non enthusiast masses..." perhaps some of them just want to be sensible ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ado get ur tranny sorted b4 u challenge hola :lol:

bdw i also say that most honda's are slow :lol ... datz nothing to get pissed about ;)

@hola: nice to see u givin up on bit of ricin and finally considering turbo but i give u one tip... IF U WANT TO GO TURBO BUY A CAR THAT WAS MEANT TO GO TURBO ... i have been told by chang that "long term" engine block failures are inevitable if turbo your average honda... but running farily low boost can still help. Also hola ur car is ideal for turbo, Zackie told me that non-vtec D15 is better for Turbo than vtec one. i guess he spoke out of his experience in bombay drags. anyway good luck with ur turbo project... but think about the impact on ur tranny as well ;)

i also considered goin turbo this june-july but now i have decided against it and straight away go for an original turbo even if it means i have to hold back for sometime.

honda s slow? isuru ve jumped sides!! lol...

hola z planning on turboin his car? man.. ya serious? our hola!?? man.. all of a sudden why do i feel that everyone has got the need to taste turbos? gues t might be to pull al dat weight eh? jkz ;)

Mr.Marrot? whats dat dude?

as for the GT n stuff... i ve seen plenty o people who got no idea bout what they are driving.. most of them just go for the GT as it sounds like a racing model etc.. not for performance.. but for eh.. "prestige" ya could say.. somewhat like the Honda Type R wannabe s lol...

Zz

tasting turbo kohoma athath....they'll begin to rue é day they turned thier backs on N/A's once they start feeling turbo LAG....! :P

lower displacement n.a. cars anyway lack low end grunt... to squeeze da best you anyway got 2 w8 till u reach the high revs... tiz more like havin turbo lag unless u shift down constantly to stay in the powerband... besides now the technology has come to a point where turbo lag is being effectively battled... but i agree nothing is a match to a proper larger displaced n.a. engine for responsiveness.

@nexgen: i said most hondas not all :P

honda s slow? isuru ve jumped sides!! lol...

hola z planning on turboin his car? man.. ya serious? our hola!?? man.. all of a sudden why do i feel that everyone has got the need to taste turbos? gues t might be to pull al dat weight eh? jkz ;)

Mr.Marrot? whats dat dude?

as for the GT n stuff... i ve seen plenty o people who got no idea bout what they are driving.. most of them just go for the GT as it sounds like a racing model etc.. not for performance.. but for eh.. "prestige" ya could say.. somewhat like the Honda Type R wannabe s lol...

Zz

im not planing to turbo my car. i just said there is a turbo converstion kit over ebay for cheap for EG8s and EK3s. I will only do the header mod and thats it.

Marrot means - Maraya- you know? Like Chandi Malli.

go twin turbo.. lol.. get the lower revs without lag and the higher revs too at the cost of two turbos.. but i d say there will be a fair amount of digging into ya engine compartment if so.. with proper A/F tuning though, the lag could be combatted to a certain extent.. though obviously the power within the lower revs being far lower than that of the higher rev... but hell.. turbos too expensive for me :( in a life o rising living costs not to mention fuel.. NA is the way forward lmao...

Zz

go twin turbo.. lol.. get the lower revs without lag and the higher revs too at the cost of two turbos.. but i d say there will be a fair amount of digging into ya engine compartment if so.. with proper A/F tuning though, the lag could be combatted to a certain extent.. though obviously the power within the lower revs being far lower than that of the higher rev... but hell.. turbos too expensive for me :( in a life o rising living costs not to mention fuel.. NA is the way forward lmao...

Zz

i guess da subaru legacy that came with twin turbo quite some time ago had a massive lag for whatever reason... porche 997-911 turbo and the good old evo B) are said to be two of the most resposive one's in standard form.

i guess da subaru legacy that came with twin turbo quite some time ago had a massive lag for whatever reason... porche 997-911 turbo and the good old evo B) are said to be two of the most resposive one's in standard form.

:rolleyes:

Mine is reaching 70k soon. I dont know what service is next...Timing was done at 60k

He didnt mean ya civic men! lol... he meant da evo.. ;) jkz...

i dnt knw crap bout vehicle model n stuf but i do knw that the buggati comes with quad turbo no? how da f does the electronics handle it!??

Zz

the buggati comes with quad turbo no? how da f does the electronics handle it!??

when it costs 5 million euro to make é car n $1mn to buy it - i'm sure they'd have been able to sort out how that all fits together!! :lol:

...that sahmeless plug for é EVO could be seen comming from a mile away!!! :P

...but ur right - in 2nd gr@2~3.5k Revs é Legacy jus sits & quite suddenly delivers all the power in a big packet sending u through the windscreen!! :lol:

....but é only real way u "feel" and can corner with throttle control is in an N/A..... :)

....but é only real way u "feel" and can corner with throttle control is in an N/A..... :)

exactly man.. datz why all ultra modern time greats (except for the crazy veyron of course) has been n.a. i have had this argument somewhere else also and ppl there weren't receptive of this n.a. character... i think from a purist point of view n.a. is the best deal.

however for day to day performance at a reasonable price none goes like turbo-4wd. :D

@ isuru - ya seem to be getting somewhere always with NA and 4WD lol... have never been in any turbo machine so no comments :) but judging from a vid i saw based on evo and sti, there handling is awesome.. mostly due to the advanced yaw control systems... impressive...

wel... no new vehicle in production comes without electronic aids etc.. it is has become somewhat a standard in the motor industry to provide relevant protective driving electronics.. hmmm.. this discussions sound a bit familiar.. a thread o Duncan i remember...

Zz

point to point they maybe quicker but these AWD machines truly flatter even a bellow avrg drivers level of skill !

...a simple FR N/A , unadulterated by driver aids n electronics is the choice of purists & coniesurers as u duely noted...

damn right bro! damn right! datz why so many consider mclaren f1 as world's greatest car ever, despite itz flaws...

evo magazine calls it an endless lifelong-learning experience, driving a mclaren f1... :)

@ isuru - ya seem to be getting somewhere always with NA and 4WD lol... have never been in any turbo machine so no comments :) but judging from a vid i saw based on evo and sti, there handling is awesome.. mostly due to the advanced yaw control systems... impressive...

wel... no new vehicle in production comes without electronic aids etc.. it is has become somewhat a standard in the motor industry to provide relevant protective driving electronics.. hmmm.. this discussions sound a bit familiar.. a thread o Duncan i remember...

Zz

but more electronic aids means more restrictive the driver is to control things the way he wants... trust me buddy 4wd cars don't give the same feedback to drivers as does a proper rwd car... those cars have to be driven with your whole heart and soul, you cant make mistakes coz there aint electronic overload to correct you... ya true modern cars has lot of electronic overload but they also offer a "Manettino" to turn-off or reduce the electronic overload :) ... but to do so in a powerful car is to commit suicide unless u r extremely skillful...

but being butterfingered as i am i'd personally prefer a 4wd-turbo anyday, but i don't discount the a "purist's" fun either...

too bad they only made so very few that u n i will never ever even get a chance to touch it even leave aside drive it... :(

there is one showcased in london? (i guess mclarens own car) i remember tiff making a reference to that once.

the question and debate stil remains as to whether these electronics are a must.. in ma opinion.. i d say that having these electronics is significant in saving lives to a great extent.. this said because of the motorists nowadays who run amok and if not for some warning signal, ABS etc. would ve ended up down a cliff, thru a lamp post etc..

i am not approving the electronics in terms o it taking the skill outta driving such a machine but safetys more impt overall yeah..

Zz

u need titanium t*sticles to push a RWD car to its limits without traction control n é like - thats why u dont see anyone in SL try as such

those who do thrash em like its a game r those who dont have a clue as to what those limits are, r destined to find out é hard way n r guaranteed to feel é fury of an FR monster- those things r to be treated with respect!

....as much as i like a McLaren F1 n é XJ220 - i decided not to lust after things that i relistically will never have (i'd love to have to eat my own words on this one :D )

so will spend my time admiring é more realistic motoring marvels in our islan home instead! :)

...(right now to go fantasize abt é Lotus Esprit! :lol: )

u need titanium t*sticles to push a RWD car to its limits without traction control n é like - thats why u dont see anyone in SL try as such

those who do thrash em like its a game r those who dont have a clue as to what those limits are, r destined to find out é hard way n r guaranteed to feel é fury of an FR monster- those things r to be treated with respect!

....as much as i like a McLaren F1 n é XJ220 - i decided not to lust after things that i relistically will never have (i'd love to have to eat my own words on this one :D )

so will spend my time admiring é more realistic motoring marvels in our islan home instead! :)

...(right now to go fantasize abt é Lotus Esprit! :lol: )

which is why i have my set my limit on an evo and be happy with it. :) ...

@nexgen: which is why there is a "Manettino" on newer ferrari's etc.