• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maserati Gran Turismo

GTAm

Here's a sneak preview of the new Maser Gran Turismo that will replace the old Coupe.

4.2 V8 at launch. Produces 405bhp and later 4.7 that produces 470bhp. Designed by Pininfarina. Comments?

IPB Image

IPB Image

That looks absolutely amazing. The lines are so refined and the car looks likesomething you would spend money on. I never though the Maserati's looked like it hit the right spot in terms of design, but this looks a stunner.

real one... ;)

errm, thats a quattroporte isn't it? looks a bit different around the nose..... the "Gran Turismo" (is it really going to be called that?) looks very good..... glad to see that Maserati are again building cars that recall their glorious heritage.... :) jostling for top spot on my list of "cars that i WILL own one day, even if i have to break several banks" is a Ghilbi SS in midnight blue with black interior... (sigh)

its elegant but a tad understated dont ya feel?

Maser's have been subtle n demure in é recent past , bar é MC12 , but they should have done a bit more interms of body shape n line - true it maintains that distinctive Maserati shilouette but it looks too much like é old Grand Sport....IMO

Maser's have been subtle n demure in é recent past , bar é MC12 , but they should have done a bit more interms of body shape n line - true it maintains that distinctive Maserati shilouette but it looks too much like é old Grand Sport....IMO

ahh... you're back...... about time.... :lol:

Masers will be subtle in the future. Blame it on the US market customer clinics. They even had those excellent boomerang tail lamps on the 3200GT which became the coupe and Gran Sport changed to the plain jane ones.

I still think this is one cool car and it will grow on you as time goes on just like the QP did.

MC12 was an Enzo in drag.

errm, thats a quattroporte isn't it? looks a bit different around the nose..... the "Gran Turismo" (is it really going to be called that?) looks very good..... glad to see that Maserati are again building cars that recall their glorious heritage.... :) jostling for top spot on my list of "cars that i WILL own one day, even if i have to break several banks" is a Ghilbi SS in midnight blue with black interior... (sigh)

Hey SN that is the QP Sport GT which got a slight nose job.

Yes it'll be called Gran Turismo Italian for Grand Touring aka GT.

Ghibli SS yah.... tasty :jumping-smiley-013: I've got a 1:43 scale model of it. Tan interior though ;)

Masers will be subtle in the future. Blame it on the US market customer clinics. They even had those excellent boomerang tail lamps on the 3200GT which became the coupe and Gran Sport changed to the plain jane ones.

I still think this is one cool car and it will grow on you as time goes on just like the QP did.

MC12 was an Enzo in drag.

Hey SN that is the QP Sport GT which got a slight nose job.

Yes it'll be called Gran Turismo Italian for Grand Touring aka GT.

Ghibli SS yah.... tasty :jumping-smiley-013: I've got a 1:43 scale model of it. Tan interior though ;)

thanks for clearing that up..... interior colour is no prob incidentally...... :D but it HAS to e midnight blue :lol:

but i quite like é MC 12 - a Red Ferrari is, well quite dated n tad vulgar! IMO

but why on earth does every car maker bend over backwards to satisfy the AMerican mkt!!??? tru its a sizable population - but making cars isnt all abt é money - wut ever happened to é concept of making drivers cars with love it or hate it designs?!

Maser could have don sooo much more with thier new GT car - given é runaway sucess of é Quatroportte.......

but i quite like é MC 12 - a Red Ferrari is, well quite dated n tad vulgar! IMO

but why on earth does every car maker bend over backwards to satisfy the AMerican mkt!!??? tru its a sizable population - but making cars isnt all abt é money - wut ever happened to é concept of making drivers cars with love it or hate it designs?!

Maser could have don sooo much more with thier new GT car - given é runaway sucess of é Quatroportte.......

The US is the single biggest market for premium brands and so for Maser as well. Maser produces a small quantity of cars a year. Only 5500 if I remember right. They want to take it up to 8000 with the recently introduce Q'Porte Automatica and the eventual target is 10,000 by 2010.

These are very small numbers compared to well established brands like Porsche who are in the six figure production numbers.

It's not easy to design a love it or hate it car under these circumstances. If it fails commercially the whole team might get replaced.

This year Maserati is expected to make profits after 17 straight years of making losses!!!!!!!!! How would you like to be responsible for the 18th? ;)

If you look at their history they've gone bust more times than you can imagine. All because they were crazy about racing like any Italian company. They earn to race. That philosophy has had to change if they want to survive. So it should not be all about money (I bet Toyota won't agree ;) ) but without money you can't survive.

So a very uncompromising design is out. But this is good. I hope we could see it in the metal. It will look stunning I'm sure. But let's wait n see.

given time n é exuisite taste of Lankan car coneissures someone is bound to bring one here soon enough! :D

...i know Maserati had financial issue in é past but didint know thier record was that bad...well i guess i'd rather see bland Maser's as opposed to no Maser's at all! :)

• 1 year later...