• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Credit Card Size Camra

unknown

thats pretty funky - but a basic DUAL SIM holder will do é job for cheap with no hassle :)

but it would be cool if é number of SIM contacts could be increased from é stock 150 or 250 né! :)

but then again - it'll only have é phone no - where as a Nokia suite & symbian contact list will allow soooo muuch info from www to email to everything concivable under a single contact's name - gotta love that!!! :)

n intstn outlook sync! :D

im using 2 phone and 2 Sim card one for business and other thing and another one for blah blah things anyway if i can conect both these sims to one phone using 3d party device its great

maybe someday they develope phones we can use 2 or more sims with a automatically switching system between both sim cards ;)

Edited by GihanFX

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is my wish too dude.. having a sim which would effectively allow multiple network.. that is why I am quite interested bout this Supersim.. didnt start any research on it stil though.. but if it DOES support network switching while the phones on via a menu hopefully.. then it would be a must buy for me... would save lotta hassle of switching off the fone n blahdi blahdi blah...

but i guess my interest would only grow once i switch to a smartphone in the near future only sniff.. Nokia it s gonna be hehe.. Sony P990 quite good too.. too bulky though..

DevZ.. nothing could/would come close to the Nokia UI.. but sony is catching up.. real fast..

Zz

That is my wish too dude.. having a sim which would effectively allow multiple network.. that is why I am quite interested bout this Supersim.. didnt start any research on it stil though.. but if it DOES support network switching while the phones on via a menu hopefully.. then it would be a must buy for me... would save lotta hassle of switching off the fone n blahdi blahdi blah...

but i guess my interest would only grow once i switch to a smartphone in the near future only sniff.. Nokia it s gonna be hehe.. Sony P990 quite good too.. too bulky though..

DevZ.. nothing could/would come close to the Nokia UI.. but sony is catching up.. real fast..

Zz

ya but both of my sim cards r from one company so i love to see sim switching between one network or multiple networks ;)

Edited by GihanFX

machan if both sims r fron one network - why dont u jus get then to put it onto one sim!!!!

D*alog offers this né ?? - u can go to é d*alog icon on ur menu n then switch connections when ever u want! - no need for 2 sims!!!

also i thni M*bitel was offering a system where u could have 2 lines on one sim And RECIEVE calls from to both numbers simultanoiusly!!

which means no need to "switch" é sims - both are on all é time n only one phone & one sim is needed!! :)

machan if both sims r fron one network - why dont u jus get then to put it onto one sim!!!!

D*alog offers this né ?? - u can go to é d*alog icon on ur menu n then switch connections when ever u want! - no need for 2 sims!!!

also i thni M*bitel was offering a system where u could have 2 lines on one sim And RECIEVE calls from to both numbers simultanoiusly!!

which means no need to "switch" é sims - both are on all é time n only one phone & one sim is needed!! :)

yeap bt im uisng 2 numbers one 0777 and the other one 0779

heard bout it too.. any idea bout the pricing dude? and as to whether a package and kit could be combined into a single sim?

Zz

yeap bt im uisng 2 numbers one 0777 and the other one 0779

D*alog allows both KIT n package - IF both r registered to the same person i think

having two numbers isnt a fuss - best thing to do is to talk to é mobile operators n see what options r available - it beat having to live with the hassle of runnig abt with a phone in each pocket né! :mellow:

hmm.. i gotta check this sim thing out.. cuz in ma case, once me line gets cut am using broke to pay bout 2500 at once.. so if i could switch to kit for smsin n the package for callin.. it would definitely be a plus... would ask dialog n let ya guys knw..

Zz

just read up on CMOS and CCD lenses bro.. it would give you an understanding on which one is more powerful and why.. though it is quite interesting to note that Canons SLR range o professional cameras carry high quality CMOS lenses with superior chips.. CMOS though is considered to be less powerful than CCD.. everything depends on implementation :)

DUDE! Take the time to think of what ur posting! Think that this aint ur personal chat room, thousands of ppl read these forums. CCD and CMOS are sensors, NOT Lenses! Get it right!

@ Alfaq - better ya buy from plc s like singapore or dubai.. cheaper over there..

No, best if u can get someone to bring it down from US. Singa is a little more expensive. I dunno about Dubai tho. Personally I wouldn't, coz u'd probably get the manual in Arabic and that just wouldn't work for me. I need to read the manual :)

speaking of cameras, i'm actually looking for a good professional camera for myself. want to get to know the 'photographic' side of me :D

i'm looking for something in the 30 to 35k range, maybe go up to abt 40k if its really worth, nothin too expensive, needs to have good resoulution, good lens and zoom with a fast shutter speed maybe? can somebody suggest a good cam for me? pericles?

alfaQ

These days I only recommend Canon. Look into the Ixus and Powershot ranges. Ur budget is a bit low for a professional cam tho. U might be able to get a Powershot S2 for around 40k if u look (and I whole heartedly recommend that coz I use it myself. And I decided to hang onto mine, even tho I had the idea of selling it).

I used to recommend Sony, but I stopped. Nothing concrete, but I've heard a few things here and there I didn't like.

Seen a couple of good Olympus too, but no experience in those.

hei i too recommend canon ixus series. they handy. but to

peri - urs is S2 so its the one with 4 batteries. how is the battery life while u using it, i assume u use rechargeable batteries.

in the other hand ixus use lithium battery its quite good though.

I my self use a ixus 65 with a 3” screen. That’s actually gotta slide show option.

what about a Nikon D40?

I can recommend Nikon SLRs, but I know nothing about the DSLR range, so will say nothing. I do know one person who switched from a Nikon SLR to a Canon DSLR, and she speaks positively about that move, so ....

hei i too recommend canon ixus series. they handy. but to

peri - urs is S2 so its the one with 4 batteries. how is the battery life while u using it, i assume u use rechargeable batteries.

in the other hand ixus use lithium battery its quite good though.

I my self use a ixus 65 with a 3” screen. That’s actually gotta slide show option.

Yes, I use rechargeable. New batts should get u more than 400pics on the trot. My batts are old and need replacement. But I get great battery life since I rarely use the screen :) most of my work, including reviewing pics, is done on the view finder. I only use the screen to get funky angles, since the S range has twist and flip screens. And those screens themselves are reason enough to pick Canon over the others. I've used them on the Powershot A and S ranges. Fantastically useful things.