• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Scientific Body Styling

Hola

Question

Hey All,

We see lot of cars in SL and around the world beign what we call "modified". For us we call it modify when there are so many body styling rather than engine mods. In other words it can be caled bodyfying :D . But there some body styling which actulay adds value for the ride. Like the spolier (proper ones), and defuser bumpers. There some who adds side fenders for the car but some makes it very effective in terms of intake etc and other just for beauty. Some have these huge turbo type front grills while that car does not even fit for a turbo.

Whats your view guys?

IPB Image

IPB Image

• Answers 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Im really impressed with Dim's Aero kits...they are done with a total mastery of modern day aerodynamics.Im yet to try one.Its not too far guess as discussed with Dim! for the time being im addicted to Katana based kits.Im more than impressed with my present ones too!

MINIACE

thats wats in my car. Anyway how about some aero body work 4 ur car?

car stil in surgery.. n a big chunk leavin the wallets cuz of that.. probably with time to come :) though i am searching for a place where custom headlights could be built.. do let me know if there are any such places..

Zz

Im really impressed with Dim's Aero kits...they are done with a total mastery of modern day aerodynamics.Im yet to try one.Its not too far guess as discussed with Dim! for the time being im addicted to Katana based kits.Im more than impressed with my present ones too!

MINIACE

yeah! But he dont have a mesh grill for me and i need to buy it from ebay for 50dollers with shiping etc

yeah! But he dont have a mesh grill for me and i need to buy it from ebay for 50dollers with shiping etc

God you are scaring me :o !! But Dim is more intersested on giving optimum aerodynamic perforomance along with the contemporary outlook.

God you are scaring me :o !! But Dim is more intersested on giving optimum aerodynamic perforomance along with the contemporary outlook.

what would you expect from a "rice boy"? ;)

hey hola.. rather than the grill bro.. why not get dims assistance and mould a front bumper which would get more cool air into the engine bonnet without risking any water/muck? that would be a much better investment nah?

Zz

hey hola.. rather than the grill bro.. why not get dims assistance and mould a front bumper which would get more cool air into the engine bonnet without risking any water/muck?

macho didnt we settle this earlier??? :huh:

how an original Honda design would be detrimental to a car is beyond me!!! a mech grill will actually be better at keeping leaves n stuff out than a standard vented grill! <_<

macho didnt we settle this earlier??? :huh:

how an original Honda design would be detrimental to a car is beyond me!!! a mech grill will actually be better at keeping leaves n stuff out than a standard vented grill! <_<

In the sense... you are approving of Hola installed the aftermarket grill?

Zz

i dont see any reason from a technical or cosmetic stand point as to why he shouldnt... :)

lol nah man.. what i was trying to say is that he could put the money into better use by designing a better bodykit with time to come... the grill cannot be considered mandatory either at this point no ?

Zz

my personal opinio is that body kits on our roads just arent practical - but that grill wouldnt do much harm n its an easy fix

why make a front lip thats gonna scrape é tarmac everywhich way u go n spend time re-fabricating it n painting it everyday , when he can fix wut he wants n sit pretty without worrying? :)

what would you expect from a "rice boy"? ;)

hey hola.. rather than the grill bro.. why not get dims assistance and mould a front bumper which would get more cool air into the engine bonnet without risking any water/muck? that would be a much better investment nah?

Zz

:angry-smiley-024: Stop caling that :angry-smiley-024: Im already thinking of header havent I?I thought of the front bumper idea, let see

Anyway i want i want i want the grill. I wannna look like this car below but without the red badge. And I wil do it before this month end

IPB Image

my personal opinio is that body kits on our roads just arent practical - but that grill wouldnt do much harm n its an easy fix

Yes, dev you tell Mr.Nexgen. Need some cosmetics in a car too

In the sense... you are approving of Hola installed the aftermarket grill?

Zz

it doesnt hurt

i dont see any reason from a technical or cosmetic stand point as to why he shouldnt... :)

You heard the Man Nexgen

Edited by Hola

lol.. i gotta really describe me point when posting ;) wel.. hola could go for a bumper which is a bit raised or custom fabricated so as to prevent any friction with the tarmac.. i ve seen a few good kits somewhere around the net..

ado.. n i remember seeing these small shocks/dampeners attached to the body kit which kinda pulls a certain of the bodykit up in any case of bumps.. not suer whether it is functional or just for looks though.. saw it at a exhibition..

in the end.. its your money and your petrol ;) lol... a cosmetic touch would def be a must.. but a double barrel exhaust??!! ;) jkz..

Zz

lol.. i gotta really describe me point when posting ;) wel.. hola could go for a bumper which is a bit raised or custom fabricated so as to prevent any friction with the tarmac.. i ve seen a few good kits somewhere around the net..

ado.. n i remember seeing these small shocks/dampeners attached to the body kit which kinda pulls a certain of the bodykit up in any case of bumps.. not suer whether it is functional or just for looks though.. saw it at a exhibition..

in the end.. its your money and your petrol ;) lol... a cosmetic touch would def be a must.. but a double barrel exhaust??!! ;) jkz..

Zz

Nah, double barel is a waste. Now thats actulay was a ricing idea-posing a V6 exaust :unsure: I accpet that and i took it off from my mind. The mesh grill is something i wanted from some time back.

Your bumper argument is totaly right and i should think more on it

Nah, double barel is a waste. Now thats actulay was a ricing idea-posing a V6 exaust :unsure: I accpet that and i took it off from my mind. The mesh grill is something i wanted from some time back.

Your bumper argument is totaly right and i should think more on it

wel. frankly i wouldn approve of bumpers citing the same reasons as DevZ said.. but considering that ya are in negombo man.. the roads are somewhat better than cmb.. so it would be more feasible for ya to consider it.. AFTER ya ve done some appropriate performance mod that is ;)

Zz

wel. frankly i wouldn approve of bumpers citing the same reasons as DevZ said.. but considering that ya are in negombo man.. the roads are somewhat better than cmb.. so it would be more feasible for ya to consider it.. AFTER ya ve done some appropriate performance mod that is ;)

Zz

Nah bro, our roads are worse. When i go to my office (which is near Negombo) i feel i burn more fuel than colombo as there are so many stop and pick up points for cycles, bad roads etc

u can to a split from é exhaust manifols and work out a twin pipes - i've seen it done on 2 EK's before - one of which was a car in Dehiwala...

its not all that complicated to set up for twin barrels :)

@NexGen - this controlled lip was available with é Skyline GTR 32's & a few GTS-t's but its not worth é trouble cuz when ur driving abt its not very practical to have to keep pushing a button to get é lip to more up n down depending on terrain n rd surface

besides é reason for those was to auto activate or be manually lowered once é car was moving at high/excess speeds to counteract airflow along é underside of é car n possible lift generation...

u can to a split from é exhaust manifols and work out a twin pipes - i've seen it done on 2 EK's before - one of which was a car in Dehiwala...

@NexGen - this controlled lip was available with é Skyline GTR 32's & a few GTS-t's but its not worth é trouble cuz when ur driving abt its not very practical to have to keep pushing a button to get é lip to more up n down depending on terrain n rd surface

besides é reason for those was to auto activate or be manually lowered once é car was moving at high/excess speeds to counteract airflow along é underside of é car n possible lift generation...

Nah, i will just go for a 4-2-1 ceramic header as Hon.Porkster advice..

hmm... i did hear bout hi-speed flaps as such which automatically adjusts itself as the speed increases but i didnt know that those small shocks are attributed to it.. but iremember this setup in a rx-8 at the auto exhibition..

but there outta be some genius out there using a automated sensor based system which would sense the road topography in real time and adjust the kit accordingly.. cant say.. itz a smal world :)

oiyee Hola.. why do you sound so dul bout the 4-2-1 header? somebody wants the dual exhaust bad! ;) lol.. al wit time budz al wit time..

Zz