• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Do You Think Of The New Honda Livery?

Elvis_Pil

hey cool datz a good one... bdw sorry i had replied earlier using ma bro's account...

honestly i hate to be environmentally friendly with cars, Honda is spending so much attention on envt. that the specific output of their new performance K series engines is only 100/110hp per liter... :( ... considering the levels achieved by older B series, K series' should have progressed but tnx to emission regulations and all that shit newer honda's have not progressed as in the past. (one of the reasons i am starting to loose ma preference for honda) :( ... but will c how Honda does in the new F1 season... their new car is said to have made some aerodynamic progress among others ... so i look forward to 2007 with hope!

I don't really agree with what you said just there! There is a big environmental issue in front of us, and we need to address it. No matter how much I love cars it's still a fact that they do harm the environment in many ways (emissions, oil consumption, etc..). If anything, I think lately many car brands have been in a huge horsepower war trying to make their cars more powerful (theres a huge array of mid-sized family sedans available now that produce between 250-350hp..why???) that if anything they've done less than they could to become more fuel efficient and environmentally conscious. They seem to spend so much money to squeeze that much more HP out of their engines...if they only put some in to make the cars more fuel efficient (this is especially true for American manufacturers).

Honda has been one of very few car companies that really haven't joined this HP war and I'm fine with that. They still make some great cars and offer enough diversity in their line-up to suit almost the whole market base. And I think it's great that they're taking their environmentally conscious attitude to F1 because 1-it'll get a lot more people talking (and hopefully doing something) about these issues, and 2- whatever technologies they do come up with to maintain a balance of power/fuel efficiency will trickle down to their road cars.

I don't really agree with what you said just there! There is a big environmental issue in front of us, and we need to address it. No matter how much I love cars it's still a fact that they do harm the environment in many ways (emissions, oil consumption, etc..). If anything, I think lately many car brands have been in a huge horsepower war trying to make their cars more powerful (theres a huge array of mid-sized family sedans available now that produce between 250-350hp..why???) that if anything they've done less than they could to become more fuel efficient and environmentally conscious. They seem to spend so much money to squeeze that much more HP out of their engines...if they only put some in to make the cars more fuel efficient (this is especially true for American manufacturers).

Honda has been one of very few car companies that really haven't joined this HP war and I'm fine with that. They still make some great cars and offer enough diversity in their line-up to suit almost the whole market base. And I think it's great that they're taking their environmentally conscious attitude to F1 because 1-it'll get a lot more people talking (and hopefully doing something) about these issues, and 2- whatever technologies they do come up with to maintain a balance of power/fuel efficiency will trickle down to their road cars.

Absolutely right. F1 is the most watched motorsport event in the world as it is the ultimate. There is no better way or atleast i think this is a fantastic idea by honda to raise awareness on the issue of global warming/env. polution etc. The subject cannot be taken lightly at all .It is so huge even one of the biggest political enviornmentalist Al gore raised and stressed on the importance of this issue at the Oscars.

Lexus GS450h (hybrid) has a hybrid power out put 341BHP! 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. Thast pretty promising for hybrid technology in terms of power output. So all is not lost. Yet!!

http://www.lexus.co.uk/about_lexus/news_an...ents/gs450h.asp

:appl::appl:

Lexus GS450h (hybrid) has a hybrid power out put 341BHP! 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. Thast pretty promising for hybrid technology in terms of power output. So all is not lost. Yet!!

http://www.lexus.co.uk/about_lexus/news_an...ents/gs450h.asp

:appl::appl:

AL memebr i'm sorry to say , dont seem to give a wooden nickle abt Environmental issues - i ran several threads abt hybrid n fuel cell concepts - only to recive no responsed

but i'm a beliver as well - that GS450h Is DA BOMB !!! :lol: - best of both worlds - probbly é only car u can weld u riht foot to é pedal without having a reproachful attack of conscience!!! :D

environ-friendly cars is the way to go.. but for some reason.. concepts always appear but usually never make it to production.. but coming to the hybrids..

Toyotas nex-gen Supra s gonna be based on a hybrid setup.. having an electric motor to partially give extra bhp.. i gues the Prius techn would be extended and improved on in this.. the advantage of the new Supra being that the car would be somewhat like a sedan.. accomodating 4 ppl..

i wonder whether research on hybrid formula racing cars have been undertaken by any of the F1 competitors..

Zz

the advantage of the new Supra being that the car would be somewhat like a sedan.. accomodating 4 ppl..

i dunno macha...unless its got 4 doors or is a Bently or Roller - no 2 door car can be a REAL 4 seater...

look at wut little leg space is offered in 2dr , " 4 Seater" ! :blink:

IPB Image

yeah dude.. i did hear bout the leg room being a bit on the uncomfortable side.. somewhat like the integra i ve been in once.. but i think.. considering the amount of research and technology attributed to cars.. they outta considered a bit spacious leg room for the rear passengers.. me think that is..

would read up more bout it and let ya knw ...

Zz

but i'm a beliver as well - that GS450h Is DA BOMB !!! :lol: - best of both worlds - probbly é only car u can weld u riht foot to é pedal without having a reproachful attack of conscience!!! :D

:lol: JC loves that car too, but for different reasons ;) check out what he said on top gear

so what did automotive Tv's Snarkiest presenter have to say abt it???

....was it é part where he once said that his GT40 would be a Hybrid if he strapped on a windmill to it - if they dared to give é GS450h that tag after weighing it down with batteries?!! :lol:

do share - which jibe was this?? :D

so what did automotive Tv's Snarkiest presenter have to say abt it???

....was it é part where he once said that his GT40 would be a Hybrid if he strapped on a windmill to it - if they dared to give é GS450h that tag after weighing it down with batteries?!! :lol:

do share - which jibe was this?? :D

It was complimentary (I think) I think there is some tax break or summin on hybrids in UK? He said he planned to fix a 9 volt onto a Hummer and call it a hybrid to take advantage of that. I'll look it up properly and let u know later, clip is at office.

:lol: - sounds like é kinda eccentric thing he'd say!!! :D

try put é clip up on youtube if u have freetime 2mrw - searched everywhere but no reference to é review :(

..but he did write something abt avoiding é co2 tax n spending his day driving round n around piccadilly circus!!! :lol: